[Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please] by telos - Page 194 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]
Page 194 of 229
-Bane
VeteranXV
Old
3861 - 04-08-2009, 03:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
Letter they sent me....

http://cityofviolence.com/votes/really.pdf
I'm no lawyer, but

Quote:
Nissan reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant who
(1) is not acting in good faith,
(2) violates Contest rules, or
(3) displays conduct detrimental to the image of Nissan
Does not equal

Quote:
Whether the voting irregularities occurred at your direction or otherwise, we believe the irregularities undermine the promotion... Therefore due to actions violating Contest rules and conduct detrimental to Nissan, you are hereby disqualified.
Look, you did not violate Contest rules, and you have no conduct detrimental to Nissan. Again, not a lawyer, but logic says you have a leg to stand on here. Fight the good fight.

Last edited by -Bane; 04-08-2009 at 03:23..
Sponsored Links
travelyan
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3862 - 04-08-2009, 03:16
WIsh Bear if you really sent that email you are a bona fide dumb ****

telos
VeteranXV
Old
3863 - 04-08-2009, 03:16
ok. cuz i've know that matt that was quoted for like 8 years and I didn't think he was here :P

Darklord
VeteranX
Old
3864 - 04-08-2009, 03:19
They disqualified you for non-legit votes that you had no control over? Even if there was improper votes, how do they know that the continued bad votes were not originating from the 2nd place team that was clearly too far behind to win, trying to get you disqualified? With a system like the one that had in place, DQing a team in this manner is clearly out of the question, the only thing they can do is audit the #1 team, and if they fall below #2, audit that team, until a clear winner is found.

I voted all the days but one with legit info, although I never bothered to post, and I'm sure many others did as well, and you have records of a good portion of your votes too. The bad press from something like this would EASILY out weigh the publicity it gets them from running the contest, so the parent company that owns the contest is going to do the right thing if you contact them, or a lawyer, or the press.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
3865 - 04-08-2009, 03:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
They disqualified you for non-legit votes that you had no control over? Even if there was improper votes, how do they know that the continued bad votes were not originating from the 2nd place team that was clearly too far behind to win, trying to get you disqualified? With a system like the one that had in place, DQing a team in this manner is clearly out of the question, the only thing they can do is audit the #1 team, and if they fall below #2, audit that team, until a clear winner is found.

I voted all the days but one with legit info, although I never bothered to post, and I'm sure many others did as well, and you have records of a good portion of your votes too. The bad press from something like this would EASILY out weigh the publicity it gets them from running the contest, so the parent company that owns the contest is going to do the right thing if you contact them, or a lawyer, or the press.
Thats actually a really good point.....

I'll see what they have to say tomorrow to the e-mail I sent tonight. I kept tonights brief and to the point so I wouldn't say anything emotion laden.

On that note. I'm going to try and get some sleep again. LONG day tomorrow at work even with out having to answer all of the "how the f?" questions.

-Bane
VeteranXV
Old
3866 - 04-08-2009, 03:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
Thats actually a really good point.....

I'll see what they have to say tomorrow to the e-mail I sent tonight. I kept tonights brief and to the point so I wouldn't say anything emotion laden.

On that note. I'm going to try and get some sleep again. LONG day tomorrow at work even with out having to answer all of the "how the f?" questions.
It ain't over 'til it's over

Unfortunately they're not going to budge just through emails since they already made the announcement -- the last thing they're going to want to do is redact said announcement (bad press). Not saying you shouldn't send them, but look into the lawyer option. In the end, they have to show that you (not your voters) violated contest rules in order to disqualify you.

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
3867 - 04-08-2009, 03:31
So who ended up 'winning' because of the DQ? The second place ****s?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
3868 - 04-08-2009, 03:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
So who ended up 'winning' because of the DQ? The second place ****s?
Yes the people with 1,000 votes in the last 1-2 hours.

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
3869 - 04-08-2009, 03:33
And so now, if they decide to go through with their announcement, everyone here should sumbit this story to their local news channels to get them some bad press!

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
3870 - 04-08-2009, 03:34
They have already announced the winners.

WeRe-|WoLf|-
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3871 - 04-08-2009, 03:46
If this goes as they've told you, then I wish them a whole new level of "detrimental to the image of Nissan."

Aside from that, I trust that you will keep the whole incident it where it belongs, as a footnote to the start of a long happy life with your new wife.

Tessien
VeteranX
Old
3872 - 04-08-2009, 03:47
Thats a pretty ****ty thing to have happen Telos.

I'd certainly see if theres any action you can take. Not the lawyer route, but the journalism route. Don't let them get away with screwing you, make it public.

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
3873 - 04-08-2009, 03:54
TELOS!

Please... I beg you. Disregard everything I have ever done in this thread. I am being dead serious right now.

Listen to me carefully! STOP TALKING TO THEM! STOP TALKING TO US!

GO TALK TO A LAWYER! Bring a disc with you that contains all the communication you have had with them.

You don't need brain power or a plan... YOU JUST NEED A LAWYER!

I really hope you take this advice. Good luck!

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
3874 - 04-08-2009, 04:01
consumer rights lawyers Minnesota - Google Search

CALL ONE! They will talk to you for free!

Kali
VeteranXX
Old
3875 - 04-08-2009, 04:02
Sent to the LA Times:

Roger,
Hello, and good morning from a loyal subscriber. I just wanted to submit a story you guys might be interested in. There***8217;s a car dealership in Minnesota that held a contest for what was essentially a free wedding. A list of the prizes are listed here: Prizes

The winner is the couple that gets the most votes over the course of a month. Votes are registered online, and people from any state or even country can place a vote for their chosen couple. The twist of the story here is that the couple that received the most votes received an email disqualifying them because they got some bogus votes. Being that it is an online vote, the couple has no control over who is placing votes. Their opponents could register bogus votes for each other in an attempt to disqualify their rivals.

Now, the couple who had the most votes at the end of the voting period did not get disqualified until the end of the voting period. They received this letter http://cityofviolence.com/votes/really.pdf that is really just a foot in the behind. No details, no recourse. This allegation of wrongdoing by the way seems especially hollow to me because Brandan Iwaszko (the leading vote getter) has exhaustively documented voting trends (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...8K2l4vDs1AyGBg) showing that of the two leading couples, only himself and his fiancée have been docked ANY votes. That they were the only ones with bogus votes is inconceivable, especially since the second place couple showed a statistically suspicious 1700 vote spike in the last hour of voting.

Now, I would normally not care to submit a story on something I am not directly involved in, but this just gnaws at my sense of fair play. While Feldmann Nissan held the contest, an Oxnard based company ran the website and did the auditing. If there is any way you can dig into this and find out why it seems that this contest didn***8217;t hold itself to anywhere near the highest standards, I would certainly be interested.

Thank you.

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
3876 - 04-08-2009, 04:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
Sent to the LA Times:

Roger,
Hello, and good morning from a loyal subscriber. I just wanted to submit a story you guys might be interested in. There’s a car dealership in Minnesota that held a contest for what was essentially a free wedding. A list of the prizes are listed here: Prizes

The winner is the couple that gets the most votes over the course of a month. Votes are registered online, and people from any state or even country can place a vote for their chosen couple. The twist of the story here is that the couple that received the most votes received an email disqualifying them because they got some bogus votes. Being that it is an online vote, the couple has no control over who is placing votes. Their opponents could register bogus votes for each other in an attempt to disqualify their rivals.

Now, the couple who had the most votes at the end of the voting period did not get disqualified until the end of the voting period. They received this letter http://cityofviolence.com/votes/really.pdf that is really just a foot in the behind. No details, no recourse. This allegation of wrongdoing by the way seems especially hollow to me because Brandan Iwaszko (the leading vote getter) has exhaustively documented voting trends (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...8K2l4vDs1AyGBg) showing that of the two leading couples, only himself and his fiancée have been docked ANY votes. That they were the only ones with bogus votes is inconceivable, especially since the second place couple showed a statistically suspicious 1700 vote spike in the last hour of voting.

Now, I would normally not care to submit a story on something I am not directly involved in, but this just gnaws at my sense of fair play. While Feldmann Nissan held the contest, an Oxnard based company ran the website and did the auditing. If there is any way you can dig into this and find out why it seems that this contest didn’t hold itself to anywhere near the highest standards, I would certainly be interested.

Thank you.
You should also submit this to 7 on your side with Michael Finney. He is a consumer rights advocate:

abc7news.com: Contact 7 On Your Side

lumoon
VeteranXX
Old
3877 - 04-08-2009, 04:09
The "winning" couple is much more "media sexy" than the tw couple. It's obvious Feldmann Nissan wanted them to their monthly news letter cover so to speak. Also alerting all the sponsors of the bull**** Feldman folks pulled would be a good idea as someone mentioned.

Feldmann Nissan
Sky Catering/The Garden Room of Eden Prairie
CM Photographics
Capture Studios
Midway Party Rental
Fete Perfection
Royal Prestige
Mintahoe Hospitality Group
Minneapolis Floral
Bridal Accents Couture
Embassy Suites Minneapolis / Brooklyn Center
Party Booths
Djay Sound and Light
Knights Formal Wear
Grandma***8217;s Bakery
Excel Limos
Healthy Measures
MN Bridal Makeup Artistry
Sun Country Airlines
Minnesota Twins Tickets
Science Museum of Minnesota

Gorlax
VeteranXX
Old
3878 - 04-08-2009, 04:15
This blows

Bacardi
VeteranX
Old
3879 - 04-08-2009, 04:25
Start With Trust -- Start With BBB

ShartShooter
Trump2024XV
Old
3880 - 04-08-2009, 04:57
Someone summarize this and submit it to reddit. Those people go nuts over internet injustices.

Page 194 of 229

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
defcon 1 , defcon 2 , fuck nissan , hack the gibson , nissan sucks traps , telos is a pussy , telos is spineless