Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

I know it wouldnt have been a better game... but it would have increased sales to limit beta. Instead they had an open beta for 3 months.

By the time the game came out I had played enough of the game that I didnt need to buy it.

I know it wouldnt have been a better game... but it would have increased sales to limit beta. Instead they had an open beta for 3 months.

By the time the game came out I had played enough of the game that I didnt need to buy it.

They would have increased sales if they hadn't sold a game that was clearly not out of a beta state.

People didnt even HO with grapple on cavern. You stay alive way longer with grapple. Once you hit the ground, you are meat.

anyways, i had some friends from sof2 and cod play the game. they said that shit was too hard. They dropped it. And they were top players in other games.

I remember Anomaly playing the game and midairing a ton of people. He never played tribes game at all. He would kill people so well but he couldnt move with speed at all. When a capper would go by him, he couldnt keep up he said. They were going to fast. They were probably going slow..hah

Last edited:
Lets see... People would grapple too much, grapple extremely slowly, grapple without accuracy. Very very few people could grapple chase with success. It was almost non-existent.

Slut, no one could grapple well because NO ONE WANTED TO GRAPPLE. No matter how many times you brag about how great you were with the grapple, that fact is never going to change. I don't mean to sound like it's a personal attack but seriously man, you say that shit so often it's hard not to think you're full of yourself for mastering Tribes:SpiderMan.

I would just like to point out I wasted a lot of my time fawning over the development of Tribes Vengeance. I participated in a lot of arm-chair development and foolishly believed I was making rational points. In the end I realized I was probably just a cog in the marketing hype machine. I did learn that developers just outright shouldn't listen to the community. A game should be your own project, and some fanboy on a random internet forum isn't going to know what the fuck about it. Too many chefs.

I would just like to point out I wasted a lot of my time fawning over the development of Tribes Vengeance. I participated in a lot of arm-chair development and foolishly believed I was making rational points. In the end I realized I was probably just a cog in the marketing hype machine. I did learn that developers just outright shouldn't listen to the community. A game should be your own project, and some fanboy on a random internet forum isn't going to know what the fuck about it. Too many chefs.

I'm sorry but this outlook is utter BS. Yeah developers need to have a good bullshit detector when reading fan input, but let's not forget people hated a lot of things that went into T:V before it even hit Beta. That's a pretty strong case for listening to your fan base considering what a dismal financial failure the game was.

In fact I'd say that was one of the biggest missteps of T:Vs development. I never thought Tribes Talk was a good idea and I stand by that today. Trying to cocoon yourself from your core community, no matter how cruel and stupid they appear on the surface, is a terrible idea. You don't have to take every idea they throw out there and stick it in the game, but you better watch for them to bitch and moan in massive numbers about a specific feature and use that when you're deciding whether to implement it or not.

Like it or not, when you make games you're in the entertainment industry, and if you don't have a thick enough skin to deal with a few irrational (no pun intended) internet fans, you should probably stay off the forum altogether and get someone to mediate who can deal.

Developers should read forums, but they shouldn't be active members. The day you start asking opinions and letting the vocal minority drive your feature set is the day your game will start digging its hole.

You have to keep in mind that games are made to appeal to the largest possible audience. Developers can't make everyone happy in their existing support base while still trying to innovate and capture new customers. It just isn't possible.

Another thing to keep in mind... a lot of times, it's the marketing guys at the publisher that read the forums and are active in posting on them. It's those same guys who make a lot of the calls on what features a game has... in my experience, 9 times out of 10, it's marketing that goes to the game team at the zero hour and says "You gotta add this... and you still have to hit your release date".

i just think the downfall of t:v was that the competitive community abandoned it

you can play through all the garbage tourney modes and lag, but you can't have a community without decent players

and there were only a handfull of decent players who stuck around 2 months after beta

not that id know cuz i never played LOLOL

You can't be serious...

if you haven't noticed, slut is a one trick pony in terms of his tw forum logic: your criticism is a direct result of you not being as skilled as he is.

It's not that the grapple was a stupid idea coupled with a crippling blow to armor specialization and pack functionality, but it's that you couldn't click a mouse as skillfully as The Floridian Bar Owner.

I don't think you guys realize that not everyone takes these forums as seriously as you do. It's only an "ass-reaming" if you care. If you don't, then it's just a bunch of angsty punks venting frustrations in the only way they know how and it matters about as much as who hooks up with whom on The O.C.
to be fair, the OC is way more important than this shit, and i don't even watch the oc

Back