ok so i tried your fixes for install, but wont work

Boney

hi. played since 01. i tried reinstalling the game from different links in this forum, but when i start tribes it either just starts windowed(and when i try to click the mouse button it disapperas) and in another version i downloaded it only starts in windowed mode and when i click a mouse button, the mouse disappers again.. whats wrong? driving me nuts.

edit: win 10 and a computer more than capable of running the game hardware-wise..

Last edited:
1.40 builds should work better on modern hardware but i guess you could try an old 1.30/1.11 config

some graphics cards dont like scriptGL configs :shrug:

or u could be in direct3d instead of openGL or you dont have real graphics card drivers installed and are using the microsoft graphics drivers

or maybe some kind of game-recording software like shadowplay or win10's stupid gamecenter DVR thing

or try the compatibility modes in that same menu with the DPI setting

beyond that idk

win10 seems to be really inconsistent

thank you! this worked! still, ingame the mouse kinda locks sometimes, or it feels like it.. and when i push "esc" and try to navigate around here it lags like crazy..

Try the x64 version(just drop the exe into any 1.11/1.30 config) and see if it still does this stuff.

i know exactly what you're talking about and as mentioned earlier do the following to fix the rouge windowing issue on windows 8.
also windows will default this setting upon all applications on updates

1. right click on tribes.exe (doesn't matter what fucking version you downloaded)
2. click on properties
3. click on the third tab in the top left called "compatibility"
4. make sure that "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" is CHECKED

Back