So I'm Level 50. Now what? by Oxyminoan - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page So I'm Level 50. Now what?
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 01-10-2012, 13:36
I'm seriously lacking motivation to continue playing now that my "story" is done. I think I've played maybe 2 or 3 hours since hitting 50 a few days ago.

- There's no real storyline left to pursue. I guess I can finish the Ilum planet storyline...

- There's PVP, but it's laggy and unresponsive. I have no issue topping the damage charts (usually by quite a bit) and competing...but it's not that fun. I feel like I have to hammer my hotkeys for any ability to actually fire. (This with 50ms ping)

- Where do I go for level 50 Flashpoints/Raids? Maybe that will be something, but I see grinding them out, especially with people who don't skip dialogue, as becoming super tedious.

- Crew skills are maxed. I need a few mats from Hard Flashpoints, but after that there's little to look forward to.

Maybe it'll get better once more people reach 50 and we do more group stuff together. Dunno. Right now I'm just wondering where my fun went and how to get it back.

Sponsored Links
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
2 - 01-10-2012, 14:12
Roll an Alt until Bioware figures out what to do

Dr. Love
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 01-10-2012, 14:30
Wait for more people to hit 50 and after the next patch there will be more endgame stuff to do.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 01-10-2012, 14:35
Sounds like you're tired of MMOs.

HappySniper
VeteranX
Old
5 - 01-10-2012, 14:44
I've (Hugo) been playing alts and mainly waiting on others to hit 50 so we can do some endgame ****. So far hard black talon is a joke, and everyone skips the dialog, so its pretty fast. Only other hard mode I've done is Boarding Party, and the last boss is pretty crazy. Mainly seems like a boost in mob health/damage though, no real changes in what they do.

One nice thing is that there aren't too many at 50 yet, so if you get in a decent hard mode group, you make friends with the tank and they will bug you for more later. If you're heals at least...

PoorDoggy
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 01-10-2012, 17:49
Get PVP gear. It's basically free and outclasses most HM FP and normal OPs gear.
-Go to Ilum and swap objectives with the opposing faction for your daily/weekly PVP bags. Don't fight anyone; this is frowned upon as it slows everyone's quest grind down.
-Grind out 3 Huttball wins per day, 9 per week, for daily/weekly bags
-RNG could deck you out in full 136 epics in a week if you're lucky

Daily Quests.
-Ilum and Belsavis have dailies that award Daily Commendations. Doing them all will net you 17 comms and a few hundred thousand credits.
-8 comms for a couple item enhancement types that are level 50 epic, which I believe outclasses all crafted stuff.
-120 comms for Rakata-level (~140) implants.

Do Hardmode Flashpoints.
-BT is considered the easiest and most people seem to only really run it.
-False Emperor is probably the second easiest/least buggy.
-I've also cleared Boarding Party & Directive 7, which need some significant DPS but aren't otherwise difficult.
-There are very few, if any, Hard Mode mechanics other than enrage timers. Most bosses have enrage timers. This is what makes them "hard," apparently.

Run Operations.
-Normal Eternity Vault is basically free loot from what I've seen of it so far. Normal drops some 126 gear and some 136 gear. [Update: Cleared 8-man normal tonight start to finish in just over two hours. First 4 bosses I'd put on par with WoW heroics or under; last boss is like an entry level WoW raid boss.]
-Haven't seen PUG calls for Karagga's so not sure about that. Looks like a pretty easy fight, though made more difficult by interface difficulties that make it difficult to track the encounter's primary mechanic.

Last edited by PoorDoggy; 01-11-2012 at 00:40..
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 01-10-2012, 20:03
Yeah. I think icZer is right. I'm tired of MMOs. Not a single one of those things you've described, PG, sound remotely fun or exciting.

Oh well. I got my money's worth out of the 1-50.

d0ur
VeteranX
Old
8 - 01-11-2012, 09:26
if you enjoyed the storyline of the 50 maybe go back and do alt storylines? I know my trooper one is pretty interesting and I want to at least run the story for 1-2 more class types.

Otherwise yea its a typical MMO. You focus on either PVE of PVP (or both if u have insane time) and get dailies in while you can.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
9 - 01-11-2012, 10:34
MMO's tend to be lacking when they first come out. Most people forget how little there was to do at 60 in WoW for the first few months. There's little point to racing to the end right from the start. My concern is whether this will become a more in depth MMO or if it will remain a Bioware style game with some multiplayer elements.

Natural
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 01-11-2012, 10:55
I think SWTOR has more end game content than anything that's been released in a long time. Ever?

PVP with friends and play another class. Raid/instance a couple times a week. Leveling your crew skills to 400 is irrelevant. Get some good schematics (via instance and/or RE) and win at the auction house. Plenty to keep you busy.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 01-11-2012, 11:01
Is the Natural you on Vulkar Highway?

Natural
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 01-11-2012, 11:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
Is the Natural you on Vulkar Highway?
No. I'm on The Fatman.

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 01-11-2012, 12:07
I personally plan on PVP'ing alot and rolling an alt in anticipation of the impending Operative nerf. As for flashpoints; I'm burned out on raiding / grouping and not sure if I will ever want to do it again.

Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 01-11-2012, 14:27
TOR is like 8 games in one. Do every class storyline.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
15 - 01-11-2012, 14:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceron View Post
TOR is like 8 games in one. Do every class storyline.
5 quest missions and the same side quests as every other class.

PoorDoggy
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 01-11-2012, 17:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
5 quest missions and the same side quests as every other class.
This. Trying to decide on an alt and I find myself spacebarring everything but the 5 or 6 class quests per planet. It's even worse because the planet path is completely linear, so it's not like I can hoof it to Kalimdor to level through completely new zones.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 01-11-2012, 20:36
Controlling a fat guy is so funny. I feel at home.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page So I'm Level 50. Now what?

Social Website Bullshit