My not so small review of SWTOR as a Operative / Juggernaut

Looking forward to finally getting Clairvoyant Strike on my Shadow. Since Tatooine, it's been harder to solo everything since I can't backstab elites for half their damage anymore.

The jedi chick boss at the end of Alderaan was brutal; thank god Qyzen can dps and I have a kajillion stuns/interrupts.

Low Strike + Tumult + Stun + Shadow Strike + Shadow Breach is pretty badass though; although it doesn't work for shit on real players :\

you are scaring me into not leveling my jugg and making a marauder :(

It's not bad, but when you hit around 25ish... I felt that leveling as tank was just easier (with dps comp like Vette). It's got advantages, easy to get groups for heroics/FPs and when you use guard you get 2/3 medals in PVP within the first 2 minutes for protections. Getting PVP started early is nice... helps you get gear even faster. So really, it's not bad.

Looking forward to finally getting Clairvoyant Strike on my Shadow. Since Tatooine, it's been harder to solo everything since I can't backstab elites for half their damage anymore.

The jedi chick boss at the end of Alderaan was brutal; thank god Qyzen can dps and I have a kajillion stuns/interrupts.

Low Strike + Tumult + Stun + Shadow Strike + Shadow Breach is pretty badass though; although it doesn't work for shit on real players :\

The only way you'd have problems is if you don't keep up on yours and your companions gear. As dps, I thought it was best to burn shit down with a companion that tanks for me.

I kept him geared in tank gear. With taunt rotations and shield wall (forgot name atm), it was easy to kill all of the elites. Give Qyzen an item sometime ya cheap bastard. If you PvP, you can keep yours AND his weapon updated (or another pet of your choice).

The only way you'd have problems is if you don't keep up on yours and your companions gear. As dps, I thought it was best to burn shit down with a companion that tanks for me.

I kept him geared in tank gear. With taunt rotations and shield wall (forgot name atm), it was easy to kill all of the elites. Give Qyzen an item sometime ya cheap bastard. If you PvP, you can keep yours AND his weapon updated (or another pet of your choice).

Qyzen is my tank through 99% of the game, that last Jedi chick (the end of Alderaan at the summit) was the first time I tanked because I spent every other rotation stunning etc all her heals and channels and let him wail away on her. I also skipped most of Tatooine so instead of being ahead 3 levels, I was a level below her which is prolly half my problem. I am thinking of going back to tatooine as I'm only just 31 now.

He is "ok" geared (qyzen)but I need to spend some time on him. My saber is always capped because I actually took professions (i know) and have Artifice and Arch almost capped. I regret taking Slicing over Treasure Hunting though but I may level it after.

Fucking jesus, also learned the hard way NOT to buy Purple Hilts etc. 5k to remove a lvl 18 purple hilt :O

I'm starting to think that Orange gear isn't necessarily the best way to go too. Keeping every slot updated is fucking expensive and time consuming.

I need to find a Jedi with Treasure Hunting and no Art so we can trade mats

After I hit 50, I still may go back to the Jugg; I really want a saber class that hits like a truck. Stealthing around I feel tends to lose alot of the essence of pvp and I really dont want to be a pvp healbot either.

Of course I havent played it since I posted this, so we'll see. Marauder seems to have mixed opinions.

Qyzen is my tank through 99% of the game, that last Jedi chick (the end of Alderaan at the summit) was the first time I tanked because I spent every other rotation stunning etc all her heals and channels and let him wail away on her. I also skipped most of Tatooine so instead of being ahead 3 levels, I was a level below her which is prolly half my problem. I am thinking of going back to tatooine as I'm only just 31 now.

He is "ok" geared (qyzen)but I need to spend some time on him. My saber is always capped because I actually took professions (i know) and have Artifice and Arch almost capped. I regret taking Slicing over Treasure Hunting though but I may level it after.

Fucking jesus, also learned the hard way NOT to buy Purple Hilts etc. 5k to remove a lvl 18 purple hilt :O

I'm starting to think that Orange gear isn't necessarily the best way to go too. Keeping every slot updated is fucking expensive and time consuming.

I need to find a Jedi with Treasure Hunting and no Art so we can trade mats
if you mod orange gear with blues or purple mods then it will be some of the best shit u can find.

trying to keep it up level by level is pointless and expensive. that said until you get to hard mode/operations epics, mods are the way to in orange gear. hell I'm still wearing orange items with epic 22 mods in them that are still better than tier 1 pvp and pve gear.

On my Jugg I've found keeping a relatively updated (~3-4 levels) purple hilt in his saber is a worthwhile investment. Other mods I stick with planetary purchasables/quest blues. Then again, my main is sitting on over 2 million credits with nothing to spend it on, so splurging on low level purples isn't a big deal.

if you mod orange gear with blues or purple mods then it will be some of the best shit u can find.

trying to keep it up level by level is pointless and expensive. that said until you get to hard mode/operations epics, mods are the way to in orange gear. hell I'm still wearing orange items with epic 22 mods in them that are still better than tier 1 pvp and pve gear.

I'm 50/50 between blues and oranges with mods now because the mods are getting too damn expensive to keep up with, and the cost of swapping the shit is getting ridiculous. The AH is so cheap right now, its been cheaper to shelf some of my orange pieces. That being said, I am hoping to just coast from 40-50 and not spend anything other than commendations.

AFAIK, it costs nothing to plug in a new mod/enh/hilt/crystal for anything. It only costs something to REMOVE the old item in there. You can plug it straight in for nothing.

What the fuck? That cocksucker isn't playing with us? Seriously? How could you ditch your childhood friend, and turn your back on him now that he's gay?

They need to itemize quest rewards better so you don't always choose between companion rewards. You either wind up with one geared companion and the rest have shit gear, or all the companions have meager gear.

Back