TW Guild?

I would suggest that not having enormous guilds is a good thing... that way they don't scare the other faction or leave a hole when they leave

Looks like guilds have been assigned to servers. BloodEagle is on Vulkar Highway. You can see all the guilds assigned to the server and it looks like there are no big guilds on ours. Just tons of 10-50 member sized ones... seems shitty.

Why would you even have a guild > 50 with content built around 8/16 at end game, especially at launch? Even assuming it's a WOW guild coming over from 25-man content, if the entire raiding core switched that would only be 25-35 members.

Looks like guilds have been assigned to servers. BloodEagle is on Vulkar Highway. You can see all the guilds assigned to the server and it looks like there are no big guilds on ours. Just tons of 10-50 member sized ones... seems shitty.

Nah that is good. The last thing you need is a Goon Squad on your server. Most guilds I'd imagine are splinters of WoW guilds so 10-50 people seems ideal.

Hopefully you guys are right. I enjoy world pvp so I just want a nicely populated server. The server tw rolled on launch for rift was horribly dead.

You need a balance...

Overpopulated servers blow. Illidan in WoW nowadays is hilarious. There are a bajillion horde (constant lag in Orgrimmar, trade chat is impossible to read it scrolls so fast, nobody knows who anybody is), but Alliance side is super dead, Stormwind is practically empty.

A good high-pop but not overpopulated server is best :)

I doubt the TW guild will be all that big this time. This preassigned crap means everyone is going to end up in different servers if they already have friends.

We can still move Blood Eagle & Uncle Owen's if we want. Somebody will be in-game tomorrow and can claim the name. But it seems like most servers will be a crapshoot anyway. I've heard that based on beta the server Darth Malak is apparently flagged as the go-to "top" server, but people are also saying to avoid it because queues will be stupid long. [Edit: According to this post, Darth Malak isn't a server anymore, or at least, isn't one yet. http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comme...s_are_up_at_swtorcomguilds/c37fvgu?context=3]

I also read that deployment guild numbers were split 65-35 in favor of the Empire. I guess that means everywhere will be imbalanced. On our slotted server:

23 of the 25 largest guilds (ranging from 56 to 38 members) are Empire.
28 of the 125 guilds are Republic.

That seems pretty gross...

Last edited:
I knew the faction imbalance was going to be bad, but I didn't think it would be utterly fucked. I really had no desire in going republic, but I'm having second thoughts now. Even though every class is 100% mirrored, empire's are just so much more interesting, to me at least.

edit: Also, Wound In the Force is apparently going to be "the" PvP server. West coast at least.
The Swiftsure is the unofficial oceanic server.
For east coast, Veela seems to be one of the few (if only?) PvP servers that actually has more republic guilds on it. Also, Kinrath Spider seems like it'll be good too - apparently a lot of the good swg guilds are rolling there.

Last edited:
Also, Kinrath Spider seems like it'll be good too - apparently a lot of the good swg guilds are rolling there.

Looks like the two Reddit guilds assigned to Kinrath have decided to leave because Kinrath was chosen as the unofficial Brazilian server. :lol:

Wish I knew nothing about any of this and could go back to the days of the WOW launch where I randomly picked Stormreaver and played there for 6 years.

Well, I ping shitty to their west coast servers, so I'm either going to go to vulkar highway where the TW guild was assigned or possibly veela seeing as that was one of the only servers with more republic assigned to it.

I think I'm going to go to Veela. It just went to high pop according to the server status page and it seems like one of the few servers not grossly overpopulated with empire according to the guild assignments. Yes, that doesn't mean empire won't still be overpopulated, but it's better than a server that is already overpopulated with them via guilds.

Last edited:
i rolled a Smuggler on Kinrath Spider Republican name Dower. I'm sure ill have a bunch all spread out until i figure out where the best place to be is.

I'm Ickz on Veela - empire if anyone wants to join me. Should have faster empire pvp queues and good republic competition compared to other servers.

Back