Vivendi Abandons Tribes

-DtF-XandraX

Veteran X
Vivendi Abandons Tribes - Opinion Piece

Well it goes without saying that I am just a little angry at VUG for their treatment of us, the Tribes fans. So I wrote up this little opinion piece. Enjoy.

http://www.pcgameworld.com/article.php/id/285/

highlights:

Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside when they just drop all support of a game without even an explanation, doesn’t it? I can imagine what goes down in their boardroom meetings:

VUG Bigwig 1: So this… Trives Vengrances…it needs fixing huh?

VUG Bigwig 2: Yeah, people are cheating and there is no anti-cheating software included. There are also a ton of bugs left over from the beta.

VUG Bigwig 1: OK. Wait…we have to pay those geeks at Irrational to make this patch, right?

VUG Bigwig 2: Uh, yeah.

VUG Bigwig 1: Screw that. Cut it loose!

Let this serve as a warning to anyone who is considering buying a game which is funded by VUG. They don’t care about your game. They care about profits, and profits only. Buy a buggy game at your own risk. Chances are it will never get fixed.

Sadly this is happening more and more. Any game that doesn’t follow a tried and true formula (Lets make another WW2 FPS!) will have a hard time finding a publisher. Tim Schafer’s Psychonauts comes immediately to mind. The guy is a genius. He made Grim Fandango (widely regarded as the best adventure game ever), Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle. Any game he makes is virtually guaranteed to be hilarious, original and creative. But Microsoft dropped support for his game this time last year.

Last edited:
A good article. Nothing new there, but a good summation that I'm pleased to see published. It also ehcoes some of the things developers like Warren Spector have been saying lately.

Falhawk said:
nice article but you called it trives vengrances which automatically makes you a fucking idiot

nope, you are the idiot actually. that was the VUG bigwig talking, meaning the VUG head guys dont know or even care what the title is. it was an insult pointed to VUG. nice catch fucking idiot.

Back