[Bug?]MouseWheel Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

-Force

Since i got the beta I can't change weapons with my mouse wheel. Its set in the options to Previous and Next Weapon, But in game does not activate.
I have a Logitech mx500 mouse and dont have this problem with any other game. Possible bug maybe? If anyone knows a solution plz let me know plz 'cause Mouse2 for weap change sucks. :D

That's that brand new mouse that's hyper sensitive right?

I've got two and both of them work perfectly fine.

Sorry I can't help you. At least you know the mouse WILL work with TV. :)

Sorry, I was thinking of this mouse... Logitech® MX™510 Performance Optical Mouse - Red or blue

i always had problems with logitech mouse drivers in games.

basically the wheel didn't function in some games, and there was a registry key that you could change to make it work... but then in everything else that it used to work normally in, it would double-scroll

and then there were issues with the thumb button only choosing to sometimes work and only with certain binds.. bleh

I love logitech mice, but I'll never buy one again because of how terrible the software is for them

I do recommend the mouse I posted about earlier. It is the perfect right handed mouse because...

Break through with the extreme optical power of the Logitech MX 510, the mouse designed with you in mind. You get the ultimate in mouse precision with no lag, and the GAMING-TUNED SOFTWARE DRIVERS will help you dominate the competition.

well ive had logitech mice for the last 6 yrs with zero problems. Ive been in a few diff betas along the lines and no problems due to software or drivers. Just dont understand why all of a sudden it wont work. This mouse cost me 60 bucks so buyin a diff one is not an option :(

I'll log it as a bug. You could try backing up your profile files, then deleting the originals and resetting the controls. Le tme know if that helps.

One more time, back up your files first! ;)

If u mean does the switch weap works? If so then yes i use Mouse 2 to switch weapons. If u meant the mouse wheel then no. The game doesnt recognize it at all

Edit: I cleared all my profile stuff as u suggested and backed them up (thank god). Reset to default and still no go :( I went into game with default settings and the mouse wheel still doesnt work. No idea what the problem is sadly.

Last edited:
WARNING: Using the Registry Editor incorrectly may cause symptoms requiring a reinstallation of Windows. Logitech cannot guarantee that issues resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use the Registry Editor at your own discretion. The Registry Editor should only be used to make the following modifications:

Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT in the open command line.

Click OK.
Open the Registry Editor and find the registry key below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Logitech\MouseWare\CurrentVersion\GamingCompatibility

Right click on the right side window of the Registry Editor and choose New String Value.
Type in the game's executable name. For example, game.exe. If you are unsure of the games executable name, please contact your game manufacturer.
Exit the registry editor; your changes are automatically saved.
Close and restart EM_EXEC.EXE, as described above.
Now when you play your game, the mouse will use native button functions; all MouseWare button assignments are now disabled in that game.
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com...WdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1nYW1lIHBhdGNo&p_li=

Okay, can you try those registry changes (if you're comfortable with them) and see if it makes a difference? Thanks.

Hm so i did the above mentioned Changes and This mousewheel still doesnt work. I restarted my Pc to see if maybe the changes would occur with a fresh boot and still nothing. The game doesnt Recognise the Mousewheel at all in game nor does it see it in the Controls section. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back