Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2
Page 15 of 56
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
281 - 01-28-2010, 04:23
Good in between of star trek and battlestar. Some believable some not.

Honestly what I like the most is all the technology is based around mass effect tech.

Last edited by WarBuddha; 01-28-2010 at 04:26..
Sponsored Links
Madend
VeteranXV
Old
282 - 01-28-2010, 04:32
the codexes have some pretty cool stuff in them too. in ME1 (haven't checked if they're in ME2 as well) there are a bunch about how space combat works in their universe and it actually makes pretty good sense. the coolant system especially struck me as pretty cool
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Codex/Ships_and_Vehicles#Second ary_Codex_Entries
Starships: Heat Management
Dispersal of heat generated by onboard systems is a critical issue for a ship. If it cannot deal with heat, the crew may be cooked within the hull.
Radiation is the only way to shed heat in a vacuum. Civilian vessels utilize large, fragile radiator panels that are impossible to armor. Warships use Diffuse Radiator Arrays (DRA), ceramic strips along the exterior of the armored hull. These make the ship appear striped to thermographic sensors. Since the arrangement of the strips depends on the internal configuration of the ship, the patterns for each vessel are unique and striking. On older ships, the DRA strips could become red- or white-hot. Dubbed "tiger stripes" or "war paint" by humans, the glowing DRA had a psychological impact on pirates and irregular forces.
Strip radiators are not as efficient as panels, but if damaged by enemy fire, the ship only loses a small portion of its total radiation capacity. In most cases, a vessel's DRA alone allows it to cruise with no difficulties. Operations deep within solar systems can cause problems.
A ship engaged in combat can produce titanic amounts of heat from maneuvering burns and weapons fire. When fighting in a high heat environment, warships employ high-efficiency "droplet" heat sinks.
In a droplet system, tanks of liquid sodium or lithium absorb heat within the ship. The liquid is vented from spray nozzles near the bow as a thin sheet of millions of micrometer-scale droplets. The droplets are caught at the stern and recycled into the system. A droplet system can sink 10-100 times as much heat as DRA strips.
Droplet sheets resemble a surface ship's wake through water. The wake peels out in sharp turns, spreading a fan of droplets as the ship changes vectors and leaves the coolant behind.

Spexx
VeteranXV
Old
283 - 01-28-2010, 05:01
I read the **** out of the codex in the first game, and what you just quoted is an entry I remember being especially fond of. Most of the technology entries, in fact. At least the ones relating to weapons and technology.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
284 - 01-28-2010, 05:07
I call that thar thingy an Ansible.
Ansible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
285 - 01-28-2010, 05:33
Spoiler

Spexx
VeteranXV
Old
286 - 01-28-2010, 05:57
I totally want to use his pickup line from that scene the next time I go to a club.

*start dancing next to a girl*
"I'm just gonna dance here next to you, and if you want to imagine we're dancing together, that's fine by me"

...or something like that, I'm sure I butchered it :P

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
287 - 01-28-2010, 10:14
some of the random conversations at places are funny stuff. overheard a conversation about species mixing... it was

MuNansen
VeteranX
Old
288 - 01-28-2010, 10:51
- I don't even know what the logic for the endgame deaths is, it kept changing. Best idea is to have anyone you want to survive loyal, and be smart about who you choose for the jobs.

- If you liked ME1's inventory system, you're in the minority. Other than texture popping that was the biggest complaint. You're not alone, though. I actually really liked all the Mako stuff in the first one. /shrug

- Did you listen to the guys having a bachelor party on Illium? That's a real funny conversation.

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
289 - 01-28-2010, 10:53
listened to the bachelor party thing, guess it really didn't impress me that much. Because in finland the traditions are different. maybe it appeals more to american citizens

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
290 - 01-28-2010, 10:55
Any idea why all skills were put on cooldown when you use one skill, I don't remember it being this way in ME1. It seriously hurts biotic classes and very rarely do I use more than 2 skill (usually just 1) playing an adapt.

Texas Dragon
VeteranXX
Old
291 - 01-28-2010, 11:01
mu are you working on ME3?

MuNansen
VeteranX
Old
292 - 01-28-2010, 11:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
listened to the bachelor party thing, guess it really didn't impress me that much. Because in finland the traditions are different. maybe it appeals more to american citizens
Did you listen to all the lines? I liked their explanation of Asaris' attractiveness.

I'm not working on ME3 for now. I worked on the Zaeed DLC, though, which turned out pretty good. Should be available today.

Right now I'm down in Austin for a bit, and will be working on the Star Wars MMO. If you thought I didn't give much info about ME2 pre-release, now I'm REALLY tight-lipped. Feel free to ask any ME questions, though.

MeSlayer
VeteranXV
Old
293 - 01-28-2010, 11:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNansen View Post
- Did you listen to the guys having a bachelor party on Illium? That's a real funny conversation.
I got a much bigger laugh out of the turian eating friendzone **** from his quarian friend on Illium

after the first overheard convo i knew exactly how it was going to turn out and I was not disappointed

that poor turian

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
294 - 01-28-2010, 11:57
Noticed a minor hiccup:

The friendly prompts to use your powers show up as the original assigned button, even if you have reassigned them.

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
295 - 01-28-2010, 15:11
Finally beat it, did every single side mission, and explored every single planet (but didn't scan every single one). Roughly 38 hours, I did a lot of talking to every crew member and sitting behind joker, listening in to conversations, etc. etc.

Absolutely loved it though, going to start up a second game as a renegade infiltrator, hoping for quite a different feel to combat since first time through was just me charging people as a vanguard and then blowing them to pieces with my shotty.

Spoiler

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
296 - 01-28-2010, 15:14
I tried a second game as a Vanguard on Hardcore and concluded that charging at people with a shotty is just a good way to get killed .

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
297 - 01-28-2010, 15:21
Yeah, that's why I started just at normal difficulty, each playthrough I will raise it, going to do insanity as either straight up soldier or straight up adept...not sure which one would be easiest.

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
298 - 01-28-2010, 15:25
charge would be great if it had a shorter cooldown so you could do charge -> shockwave in quick succession. but yeah unless there's just 1 bad guy left it can be pretty dangerous

Spexx
VeteranXV
Old
299 - 01-28-2010, 15:44
Oh, haha, forgot to mention the dialog I had with Mordin where he thought I wanted to have sex with him. Did anyone else get that?

I guess everyone thinks that if you talk to them often, you have ulterior motives, and Mordin just flat out says he's not interested because he is afraid of interspecies mating, but if he were to try a human, he would "try you". ****ing hilarious.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
300 - 01-28-2010, 15:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx View Post
Yeah, that's why I started just at normal difficulty, each playthrough I will raise it, going to do insanity as either straight up soldier or straight up adept...not sure which one would be easiest.
I am doing adapt on insane right now and it's ridiculously hard, although this is a ME1 char import and not my ME2 char import since i wanted a different story line, not sure if the level difference is the main reason. I think soldier would be a lot easier.

Page 15 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
sl83 , yarr matey i banged katie