[Religion] "I want my kids to decide for themselves" by FngrBANG - Page 12 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Religion] "I want my kids to decide for themselves"
Page 12 of 20
Thread Tools
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
221 - 11-21-2008, 02:37
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
because the bible was right to begin with,
Since it isn't [for example, Nazareth did not exist as an occupied village during Jesus' life time - aside from a number of other inconvenient details], the rest of your point is moot.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
222 - 11-21-2008, 02:39
Reply With Quote
btw - I love the developing tags for this thread. lol
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
223 - 11-21-2008, 02:41
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD View Post
When there is no source, how can you make this claim?
what do you mean by source?
 
Togowack is offline
 
ZOD
VeteranX
Old
224 - 11-21-2008, 02:43
Reply With Quote
I like cheese doodles.
 
ZOD is offline
 
Last edited by ZOD; 11-23-2008 at 16:08..
Hellsfury
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
225 - 11-21-2008, 02:47
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelrode View Post
No.
In the instance in question, you are one of the saved.. right or wrong?
Why is my personal belief the hinge on which this charge swings? How does that validate your statement of egotistical bull**** without trapping yourself in the same accusation?

If you judge me on the certainty of my belief, I should assume you consider yourself judged as not saved? How are you so certain?
 
Hellsfury is offline
 
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Old
226 - 11-21-2008, 02:47
Reply With Quote
gee and i thought the bible was the word of the council of nicea and their favorite authors. of course i dont expect togowack to know the history of his favorite book.
 
HaPpY is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
227 - 11-21-2008, 02:55
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
Why is my personal belief the hinge on which this charge swings? How does that validate your statement of egotistical bull**** without trapping yourself in the same accusation?
My statement was that this worldview is never held by someone who assumes they are doomed to the less fortunate category. So, prove my point or negate it: state in writing whether in truth you are one of the saved, or one of the damned.

Quote:
If you judge me on the certainty of my belief, I should assume you consider yourself judged as not saved? How are you so certain?
I am not a member of your religion so I am not a victim of Original Sin; thus, I do not sin [because the rules of my Gods are vastly different than yours and sin does not exist in theirs], I don't require a savior, and I am not going to either your Heaven, nor your Hell. I am not a child of your God.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
228 - 11-21-2008, 02:57
Reply With Quote
This I know:

What the bible says is true. Christians are called to have an answer for why they believe, and that I do. But we are also given the word of God to tear down any false teaching or attack brought up against it, whether we use that power or not.

Fact is, most of you won't believe unless you see it. I can try prod you to venture on a limb and try believing part if it for your own good, but words can only go so far.

I know and have been reassured that in the end I will be taken up in the clouds, hopefully before I die. In the meantime, I will do what I've been given to do which is to seek the kingdom of heaven. Along with it will come honor, homage, respect and even riches, and a happy heart and probably long life.

My objective is to test the scriptures by doing what they say, not by just talking.
 
Togowack is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
229 - 11-21-2008, 03:01
Reply With Quote
So, once again, Togo avoids actually addressing valid opposition to stick fingers in his ears and sing homilies so he doesn't hear any further blasphemies.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
230 - 11-21-2008, 03:03
Reply With Quote
I just don't see what you get from all this talk, i've been arguing on this thread from like page 1, and am giving it a rest.
 
Togowack is offline
 
ZOD
VeteranX
Old
231 - 11-21-2008, 03:03
Reply With Quote
I like cheese doodles.
 
ZOD is offline
 
Last edited by ZOD; 11-23-2008 at 16:08..
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
232 - 11-21-2008, 03:05
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD View Post
How do you know? By what method did you acquire this knowledge?
by testing. I wouldn't be so bold if I didnt have a life full of answered prayer.
 
Togowack is offline
 
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Old
233 - 11-21-2008, 03:08
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
This I know:

What the bible says is true. Christians are called to have an answer for why they believe, and that I do. But we are also given the word of God to tear down any false teaching or attack brought up against it, whether we use that power or not.

Fact is, most of you won't believe unless you see it. I can try prod you to venture on a limb and try believing part if it for your own good, but words can only go so far.

I know and have been reassured that in the end I will be taken up in the clouds, hopefully before I die. In the meantime, I will do what I've been given to do which is to seek the kingdom of heaven. Along with it will come honor, homage, respect and even riches, and a happy heart and probably long life.

My objective is to test the scriptures by doing what they say, not by just talking.
so basically you're telling us that you're confusing faith with fact/truth. not even the pope is this delusional.
 
HaPpY is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
234 - 11-21-2008, 03:09
Reply With Quote
maybe if you had a clue what the bible says, you wouldn't have said that.
 
Togowack is offline
 
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Old
235 - 11-21-2008, 03:11
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
by testing. I wouldn't be so bold if I didnt have a life full of answered prayer.
examples of answered prayer plz.... and if its any form of expected generalization ill be sure to deride you and your lord of the rings devotion further.
 
HaPpY is offline
 
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Old
236 - 11-21-2008, 03:12
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
maybe if you had a clue what the bible says, you wouldn't have said that.
oh so you're arguing that because something is written that it must be truth. and yes i read a good deal of it.
 
HaPpY is offline
 
ZOD
VeteranX
Old
237 - 11-21-2008, 03:14
Reply With Quote
I like cheese doodles.
 
ZOD is offline
 
Last edited by ZOD; 11-23-2008 at 16:08..
arcadus
VeteranXV
Old
238 - 11-21-2008, 03:17
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD View Post
It's called the scientific method. If a theory fails to meet validation via that method then the theory is false. It may come one day that we gain more knowledge and truth that refutes Einsteins theories via the scientific method. We are in a state of acquiring knowledge and it progresses unlike the bible.
this


gg bible thumping ******s
 
arcadus is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
239 - 11-21-2008, 03:20
Reply With Quote
Well, time for some sleep. Will enjoy playing catch up.

VAB nothing left to Jehovah
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
240 - 11-21-2008, 03:21
Reply With Quote
gosh, I didn't see this coming.

Since your so high on yourself though, I'm going to take some time to think it over. I doubt it'll happen in this thread.
 
Togowack is offline
 
Page 12 of 20
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Religion] "I want my kids to decide for themselves"

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
666 , adopted , child abuse , drunken moron , fngrbang vagina swelling , has issues , physics is philosophy , placebo , religious fucks , satan is lord , seraph is a fag , togowack is dumb , togowack is ignorant


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:13.