[Religion] "I want my kids to decide for themselves" by FngrBANG - Page 11 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Religion] "I want my kids to decide for themselves"
Page 11 of 20
Thread Tools
The Prowler
VeteranXV
Old
201 - 11-21-2008, 02:25
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelrode View Post
I just read the definition of this phrase according to Kant, and it shows you are wrong.
Then you are not understanding what the categorical imperative is and I can no longer help you.
 
The Prowler is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
202 - 11-21-2008, 02:25
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
There are 2 kinds of people in the world. Those who believe, and those who do not.


Of the first, there are those who's actions demonstrate that they believe (even when their statements do not). Then there are those whose statements communicate that they believe (even though their actions may or do not).

Of the second, there are those who can not believe because their perceptions of the world (as they've come to know it) tells them they can not believe (and so they don't). Then there are those who do not believe because they choose not to believe, (regardless of what they perceive the world to be demonstrating).

Some people are Christians, but they do not know it.
Some people are not Christians, but they think so.
Some people are justified in their disbelief
Some people have no excuse.

I shall be pleasantly surprised by all those who end up at the LORDs table that I did not think would be there.
I shall be disheartened and mourn those who are turned away in shock for their genuine confusion at not being recognized
I shall be gracious and empathize with those who say they did not understand and could not comprehend of their own free will.
I shall give no regard for the above towards those who made their choice and now suffer a fate borne of themselves.


I should think that God will pour out his grace and acceptance of the first of each group while offering the second, very little in turn.
This point of view is widely held by those who ALWAYS place themselves in the winner category.

In other words, its all egotistical bull**** on your part.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
203 - 11-21-2008, 02:26
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prowler View Post
Then you are not understanding what the categorical imperative is and I can no longer help you.
You were incapable of helping me in the first place.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Brontez
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
204 - 11-21-2008, 02:26
Reply With Quote


 
Brontez is offline
 
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Old
205 - 11-21-2008, 02:27
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
The Bible is the only law worth knowing.
this just shows that you're too far gone in your delusion to bother reasoning with any more. you sound exactly like a muslim cleric.
 
HaPpY is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
206 - 11-21-2008, 02:27
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
um ok, first of all you're still assuming these events really actually occured. then you're arguing chance. im telling you there is evidence and even proof they did not occur at all (such as the great flood). therefore you're argument of chance/coincidence is completely moot.

furthermore no one here is arguing that the bible may have been altered after its "publication" as you seem to think by bringing up the dead sea scrolls.
well until you start bringing something to the table here, I'm sick of arguing facts. There is widespread indications, in every ancient culture on the earth, that there was a great flood. If you can't admit this much, am I not wasting my time?
 
Togowack is offline
 
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Old
207 - 11-21-2008, 02:28
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
well until you start bringing something to the table here, I'm sick of arguing facts. There is widespread indications, in every ancient culture on the earth, that there was a great flood. If you can't admit this much, am I not wasting my time?
sigh... and i already mentioned what that flood was
 
HaPpY is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
208 - 11-21-2008, 02:30
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
The Bible is the only law worth knowing. If you claim to know everything about physics, or believe that the law of physics is the final and end all, then answer me this. Why is there so much money going into the Hadron Collider? If we needed Einstein to bring us the basis for our laws of Physics, how do we know he was right?

Even he admits he didn't know everything.

What we call the law of physics is what the bible calls the law of sin and death, that is entropy, the law that says that matter degrades and deforms and degenerates. This law is at work in every atom of matter in creation.
I don't claim to know everything about physics.
Your use of hyperbole doesn't negate what I said. But it is a common fundie tactic.

The question is irrelevant.

No, the bibel does not associate itself with the Laws of Physics, because it was written in the post-Bronze Age of the Levant. It isn't some prophetic text.

And it appears you don't understand physics at all, but are again hitting Creationist talking points about 'order vs chaos', which show a glaring lack of such understanding about the cyclical nature of energy/matter interaction.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
209 - 11-21-2008, 02:30
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
this just shows that you're too far gone in your delusion to bother reasoning with any more. you sound exactly like a muslim cleric.
considering all the great Americans who came up with the laws you're trying to push actually were bible believers, I guess that makes you better than all of them. Don't you realize that the bible is what taught people like Benjamin Franklin how to deduce and reason? It gave them the ability to judge the outcomes of their experiments true or false.
 
Togowack is offline
 
Hellsfury
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
210 - 11-21-2008, 02:30
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelrode View Post
This point of view is widely held by those who ALWAYS place themselves in the winner category.

In other words, its all egotistical bull**** on your part.
No...

It's egotistical bull**** to view me as inferior or inherently flawed because I do not share your view of the world. Which is why these "debates" become so inflamed and carry on, page after page, in threads.
 
Hellsfury is offline
 
ZOD
VeteranX
Old
211 - 11-21-2008, 02:30
Reply With Quote
I like cheese doodles.
 
ZOD is offline
 
Last edited by ZOD; 11-23-2008 at 16:09..
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
212 - 11-21-2008, 02:31
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelrode View Post
I don't claim to know everything about physics.
Your use of hyperbole doesn't negate what I said. But it is a common fundie tactic.

The question is irrelevant.

No, the bibel does not associate itself with the Laws of Physics, because it was written in the post-Bronze Age of the Levant. It isn't some prophetic text.

And it appears you don't understand physics at all, but are again hitting Creationist talking points about 'order vs chaos', which show a glaring lack of such understanding about the cyclical nature of energy/matter interaction.
if you don't know everything about physics, how can you say the bible defies the law of physics?
 
Togowack is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
213 - 11-21-2008, 02:31
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontez View Post


 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
214 - 11-21-2008, 02:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
No...

It's egotistical bull**** to view me as inferior or inherently flawed because I do not share your view of the world. Which is why these "debates" become so inflamed and carry on, page after page, in threads.
No.
In the instance in question, you are one of the saved.. right or wrong?
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
215 - 11-21-2008, 02:33
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
if you don't know everything about physics, how can you say the bible defies the law of physics?
Are you just totally ****ing retarded?

Did you see Jesus crucified?
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
216 - 11-21-2008, 02:33
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD View Post
It's called the scientific method. If a theory fails to meet validation via that method then the theory is false. It may come one day that we gain more knowledge and truth that refutes Einsteins theories via the scientific method. We are in a state of acquiring knowledge and it progresses unlike the bible.
because the bible was right to begin with, and if it is right, then it is our knowledge which is incomplete.

If it's already correct, then we must be looking in the wrong places for our answers.
 
Togowack is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranX
Old
217 - 11-21-2008, 02:34
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelrode View Post
Are you just totally ****ing retarded?

Did you see Jesus crucified?
No, but I did meet him.
 
Togowack is offline
 
Mabelrode
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
218 - 11-21-2008, 02:36
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
No, but I did meet him.
Your Honor, defense moves to have the case thrown out.

Seriously though, your response proves your requirement that I know all the laws of physics inclusively to be able to state when something defies one or some of them, is obviously inane.
 
Mabelrode is offline
 
ZOD
VeteranX
Old
219 - 11-21-2008, 02:36
Reply With Quote
I like cheese doodles.
 
ZOD is offline
 
Last edited by ZOD; 11-23-2008 at 16:09..
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Old
220 - 11-21-2008, 02:37
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togowack View Post
considering all the great Americans who came up with the laws you're trying to push actually were bible believers, I guess that makes you better than all of them. Don't you realize that the bible is what taught people like Benjamin Franklin how to deduce and reason? It gave them the ability to judge the outcomes of their experiments true or false.
yes im sure you will tell me einstein was a hardcore christian next

dont go too far back on me btw... back then everyone HAD to be a christian. i would have been one also.
 
HaPpY is offline
 
Page 11 of 20
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Religion] "I want my kids to decide for themselves"

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
666 , adopted , child abuse , drunken moron , fngrbang vagina swelling , has issues , physics is philosophy , placebo , religious fucks , satan is lord , seraph is a fag , togowack is dumb , togowack is ignorant


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:39.