Occasional-Cortex - The Gift That Keeps on Giving

:rofl:

Midterm elections are sometimes regarded as a referendum on the sitting president's and/or incumbent party's performance.[5][6] The party of the incumbent president tends to lose ground during midterm elections

Last edited:
We already explained how a lot of this happenned anyway with ballot harvesting in California stealing many elections.

I'd say the past month has proven quite fruitful for Dems, wouldn't you?

Flipped 42 House seats. Won the midterm popular vote by the largest margin in history.

That said, we have a Republican to thank for the soon to be systematic dismantling of the Trump administration.

The average flip is 31, if you don't include the two times it didn't flip. Obama lost a total of 76 house seats over his two midterms, the highest loss in over 50 years. Clinton lost 54 in his first term.

Running up votes in California and bragging about it as national turnout is what got you into trouble in 2016. It also took an unprecedented number of retiring Republicans for Democrats to flip several traditional Republican seats. Much easier to defeat non-incumbents.

All you can really take away is that turnout was very high for a midterm, and a relatively average flip was achieved. Democrats are stirring up enthusiasm aplenty, but it's not strictly for their own base. They're foolishly rallying Trump's base as well with their constant hysteria.

manchurian candidate nuclear war death camps and going to destroy the planet

The average flip is 31, if you don't include the two times it didn't flip. Obama lost a total of 76 house seats over his two midterms, the highest loss in over 50 years. Clinton lost 54 in his first term.

Running up votes in California and bragging about it as national turnout is what got you into trouble in 2016. It also took an unprecedented number of retiring Republicans for Democrats to flip several traditional Republican seats. Much easier to defeat non-incumbents.

All you can really take away is that turnout was very high for a midterm, and a relatively average flip was achieved. Democrats are stirring up enthusiasm aplenty, but it's not strictly for their own base. They're foolishly rallying Trump's base as well with their constant hysteria.

That's a lot of words to say that the Dems flipped almost 40% more seats than average.

Though I always enjoy your but Clinton and but Obama caveats Fool.

Last edited:
That's a lot of words to say that the Dems flipped almost 40% more seats than average.

Though I always enjoy your but Clinton and but Obama caveats Fool.

Sure, it's 40% over the average. Now do the Senate where the average gain is 6 seats and you lost 2.

I'm happy you enjoyed the Clinton and Obama examples, though I have a feeling you're not taking the lesson for what it is.

Back