Dear Climate Change Deniers

The earth has experienced levels of CO2 that far exceed anything we're possible of pumping into the atmosphere if we changed nothing.

Let me know what part of a doubling of CO2 from current levels is scary to you.

And what was life like for humans last time the atmospheric level of CO2 was this high?

400 parts per million? pretty fucking nice.

What was life like for humans when 1/2 of the planet was covered in ice?

Life was shitty last time CO2 was this high and last time the planet was covered in ice, because it was a long fucking time ago and life was shitty a long fucking time ago. Ultimately though all that is pointless as it still doesn't answer why you don't think CO2 is a pollutant.

probably the same reason you don't think oxygen is a pollutant.

It is an ESSENTIAL atmospheric gas for the survival of planet earth.

BTW, I had to go way back in the history books to look up CO2 levels, but I'm almost positive that May 2014 was p sweet.

If SOx/NOx are pollutants because they cause acid rain/water due to the formation of sulfuric acid, then CO2 is a pollutant because it can acidify rain/water due to the formation of carbonic acid.

We can measure what the CO2 is doing to the ocean. As the CO2 level in the atmosphere increases, the pH of the ocean decreases.

oxygen is definitely a pollutant to this planet

we need to rid the world of oxygen

then all will be right again

If SOx/NOx are pollutants because they cause acid rain/water due to the formation of sulfuric acid, then CO2 is a pollutant because it can acidify rain/water due to the formation of carbonic acid.

We can measure what the CO2 is doing to the ocean. As the CO2 level in the atmosphere increases, the pH of the ocean decreases.
but dumping nuclear radiation into the ocean doesn't hurt anything. :shrug:

humans are pollutants

we need to be extinguished

we're making the erff a ghetto, a giant gutter in outer space

are you still chasing your straw man?

I guess you missed my "Essential to life on planet Earth" bit.

Ozone is essential to life on planet Earth, but also one of the main contributors to smog. So you don't think it is a pollutant?

Beyond your stated opinion that CO2 isn't a pollutant you haven't said why it isn't beyond referencing photosynthesis.

I think we should worry about an unsustainable monetary system based on debt before we worry about the earth getting 0.02C warmer.

Back