[T:V Release] Weapon Skins + Sniper Rifle Beam Recolors + CG Tracer Recolor

BoDean

Veteran XV
Here you go folks, I know it's a tad later than I would have liked it to be but there were some (and still are) problems that I had trying to get some of the skins to replace correctly.

With that being said, some of the skins only work until you visit an inventory station.

The recolors of the CG Tracers + Sniper Rifle Beams work as intended though.

Now, I've simplified the process of getting the skins to work in-game. All you must do is modify the included BoDean.ini file to your liking, host a map with the console enabled, and enter this command in your console window:

exec BoDean.ini

This file will set everything up for you.

Without further adieu: FileCloud - Download

Cheers,
BoDean

ps. Sorry, time is short and I have to work so no Screenshots for a while. If you have any questions please post here and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

this is for?? CG tracers? I would love to skin my own (also disc tracers) if you could show me how or point me in hte right direction I would love you even more

and have you tryed skinning other weapons yet?

megaman said:
this is for?? CG tracers? I would love to skin my own (also disc tracers) if you could show me how or point me in hte right direction I would love you even more

and have you tryed skinning other weapons yet?

I have already recolored the weapon trails. You can find the link to them in my sig. This package contains my first release of skins (basicly just desaturated images of the defaults) just to show you that they do work. This package also contains the recolors of the sniper rifle beams as well as the cg tracers.

If you want to do your own weapon trails, I would head over to the Unreal Developers Network's Emitter Topics and brows around there. UDN and Unreal Wiki are awsome resource sites that contain a TON of information on everything about the unreal engine.

alright BoDean I'v got a question, does you weapon skin get messed up when you run the ini and then switch to heavy, the firstperson view looksl ike the skin gets messed up badly...this happen to anyone or you?

this is really cool, thx BoDean :)

btw all one has to do is on loading the game open the console and type in "exec bodean.ini" and when joining the server they're activated...

cheers

dice, you know the heavy has it's own set of meshes and static meshes for its weapons right?

BoDean, you're amazing. Finally I can see my CG tracers with ease, and in pink too! Haha.

cgpink2.jpg

cgpink1.jpg

And those screenies had the tracers set on 128 glow brightness. currently I have it on 255 and can see them from a ways away.

Do these work online if you join a server?

Also, is is possible to, say, skin the rover and run your .ini to get the rovers to spawn with the skin on them? That would be cool.

Last edited:
Rooster128 said:
dice, you know the heavy has it's own set of meshes and static meshes for its weapons right?

BoDean, you're amazing. Finally I can see my CG tracers with ease, and in pink too! Haha.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Rooster128/cgpink2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Rooster128/cgpink1.jpg
And those screenies had the tracers set on 128 glow brightness. currently I have it on 255 and can see them from a ways away.

Do these work online if you join a server?

Also, is is possible to, say, skin the rover and run your .ini to get the rovers to spawn with the skin on them? That would be cool.

yes I doo, I opend my mouth too soon again...and the hting is you cna't get htem to work right...I'v been trying lots of stuff jsut it isn't working out...because the gun shader shares a skin with a part o nthe heavy weapon skins and they come out iwth either the wrong skin on in heavy or the wrong skin in med or light...soo I go with heavy just messed up :D

and I do belive that your own rover skins would work...but all the rovers might be the same skin no matter the team...meaning no radar it's gonna be really hard to tell whos who

Hi guys,

I downloaded ur file Bodean, and all i seem to get is a weapon skin change....no tracer changes. is there something missing from the file or do i need to edit the visualeffects.ini. the disctrails/explosions pack works fine and has done since it was installed months ago. i notice though that in visualeffect.ini, the last line of say the "spinfusordisctrails" says
EffectsClass=Class Bodeansfx.redDisctrails.
is there a command similar to this for the chaingun?

Back