[T1] The Link Thread

reduce max chaingun ammo to ~30

worked marvelously well in SoA

This doesn't address the problem of an uneven playing field. It just adds punishment for those unwilling to use no interpolation.

Let's be honest, the majority of people that don't want interpolation don't want it because it allows them to abuse the balance of the game. You're the minority, one of the few that wants no interpolation because your connection rate blows to US servers.

That might be a solution. Allow users with higher pings to make use of no interpolate. There's a bitflag that allows the server to force no interpolation ( on a per-player basis ), so technically this would be possible to implement as a server-side option.

Which they couldn't do if they couldn't chainwhore all the time. I've seen this work first hand.

That's not really true. If you're talking base, maybe, but what about LT, where per-spawn time doesn't usually exceed 30 seconds, let alone 30 bullets. We're talking about a weapon that drains the entire life of a player within 6 bullets.

I'm sure you've seen it work first hand, but you're still punishing players in favor of an abusive option.

That's not really true. If you're talking base, maybe, but what about LT, where per-spawn time doesn't usually exceed 30 seconds, let alone 30 bullets.
That's only if you play way overcrowded LT maps with nade spam everywhere instead of tactics.

Oh wait.

reading the average opinion on TW about LT makes me glad you guys don't play T1 anymore. Nade spam?? really? No tactics?? really? What do you really know?

About balancing the CG, either decrease the damage or decrease the bullet speed.
Slower bullets = harder leads when aiming.

I would like to see interpolation legalized..but only with modifications to the CG. I would like to know where exactly my target is.

Unless your target stops moving, you'll never know exactly where your target is.

Interpolation isn't a cheat, no interpolation is. If you balance the chain-gun for no interpolation, then what about the players who abide by the rules, and play with default interpolation settings ( 64 )? You automatically unbalance the game for those individuals if you start dicking with weapon properties.

reading the average opinion on TW about LT makes me glad you guys don't play T1 anymore. Nade spam?? really? No tactics?? really? What do you really know?
sshot0149.png

I'm sure if we spread the word via USBase..everyone would switch over to no interpolation.
Doesn't this require a new exe anyways? Bugs could give them ingame message telling people where to get it.

Unless your target stops moving, you'll never know exactly where your target is.

Interpolation isn't a cheat, no interpolation is. If you balance the chain-gun for no interpolation, then what about the players who abide by the rules, and play with default interpolation settings ( 64 )? You automatically unbalance the game for those individuals if you start dicking with weapon properties.
It's a stupid rule made by ignorant people to satisfy equally ignorant whiny bitches. It shouldn't exist in the first place.

But then Tribes is dead for a reason.

I'm sure if we spread the word via USBase..everyone would switch over to no interpolation.
Doesn't this require a new exe anyways? Bugs could give them ingame message telling people where to get it.

No, actually I wouldn't, and I'm sure the majority of players who've played for ten years with no jitter wouldn't either. Just because you want jitter doesn't mean everyone else does.

No, actually I wouldn't, and I'm sure the majority of players who've played for ten years with no jitter wouldn't either. Just because you want jitter doesn't mean everyone else does.

That's their choice, if they want it, they'd know they can use it. If you have a 32 ping already you probably wouldn't want/need polate. I've played in servers where I ping 32 or less and my cg is ridiculous.

It's having the choice is what matters imo. It's when only a select few have it is when it becomes annoying. You can't bitch if it's legal and you have access to it.

That's their choice, if they want it, they'd know they can use it. If you have a 32 ping already you probably wouldn't want/need polate. I've played in servers where I ping 32 or less and my cg is ridiculous.

It's having the choice is what matters imo. It's when only a select few have it is when it becomes annoying. You can't bitch if it's legal and you have access to it.

Right, which is why I only play on LastHope servers. If you want a choice, have fun on 1.11 servers ...

opening bmp

dumb question, but why can't i open up any of the tribes skins (.bmp) in photoshop? i want to convert them to pngs, for use with 1.4

i got this kurazz tribes vol extractor that can export to standard bmp, but they all come out completely black.

Last edited:
dumb question, but why can't i open up any of the tribes skins (.bmp) in photoshop? i want to convert them to pngs, for use with 1.4

i got this kurazz tribes vol extractor that can export to standard bmp, but they all come out completely black.

the skins in 1.4 are already .png

you want to convert old .pbmp to .png for what reason?

Back