Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought they said they were going to rotate some of the locked loadouts so people can "try before u buy", but soldier is permanently unlocked

it would make sense, people are less likely to buy something they dont understand and havent seen yet

i thought they said they were going to rotate some of the locked loadouts so people can "try before u buy", but soldier is permanently unlocked

it would make sense, people are less likely to buy something they dont understand and havent seen yet

An interview from PAX or GamesCom with Harris said they won't be doing rotations.

I don't understand any of the loadouts.

I don't understand why they can't make up their mind. I know it's beta, but what the hey, it's like they keep changing things when someone feels they have a bright idea. Isn't there like a dev or game plan?

I don't understand why they can't make up their mind. I know it's beta, but what the hey, it's like they keep changing things when someone feels they have a bright idea. Isn't there like a dev or game plan?

Here is their plan.

LoL is making lots of money. lets make lots of money like LoL, but in a different genre.

Last edited:
Here is their plan.

LoL is making lots of money. lets make lots of money like LoL, but in a different genre.

This exactly.

All of the loadouts are based on HiRez's idea of LoL hero classes. Which explains why half of them make no sense and all of them look like they're desperately trying to be different.

What a clusterfuck.

The only reason LoL works is because of the style of game it is. I honestly think it's the only f2p model I have ever seen that's even remotely feasible.

Hmm...I have yet to play LoL. So that explains why I don't get it. That explains why they wanted to do rotating loadouts. But then they changed their mind.

actually, I think a loadout system 'could' work if they built their classes around tried and true positions in Tribes, and not random collections of cluster fuck.

Last edited:
"To celebrate 11k fans, we will give out 10 ALPHA keys TODAY! Step 1. LIKE Tribes: Ascend on Facebook, Step 2. COMMENT on this post before midnight EST on Sept 16, 2011. Step 3. We'll select 5 people who commented.

If selected, you get one key for yourself and another key for a friend of your choosing! You both can play Tribes: Ascend before the start of Closed Beta. Go!"

Tribes Ascend | Facebook

Yeah...my comment was :Chance of Winning: Pretty bad.

If it was COD, that thing would have had like 200k posts already. :mad:

Still..I guess 800 posts isn't too bad for only a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back