rated bgs

Flyersfan

Veteran XX
Anyone tried these yet?

15v15 is gonna be a lot like tribes especially the ctf maps. Ideally I would join a team full of 2500+ arena players with backround experience in high level tribes ctf. But I might be the only one in the world.

I will be teaching some glads how to properly defend a flag in the field though.

I'm pretty excited for this; have been hitting a lot of random BGs while leveling, getting used to everyone's new skills etc.

I think STK will put out a dominating team.

i ran a few last night. Queue times are like 10 min atm which is higher than i thought it would be. We only hit alliance teams which leads me to believe that the rumors of horde vs horde might not have been accurate.

It is def fun going group again group and except for the time when we literally played a bunch of sponsored MLG players we did pretty good.

im interested

but im short on time these days
Back at level 70 a lot of the StK guys were HORRIBLE at Arathi Basin & WSG so hopefully the good ones are back playing so we could actually win. I played back in the day when BG9 had a WSG League and it was a blast while it lasted, hopefully this will be similar.

It's going to be funny when people get over the newness of it and realize it's the same shit they've been playing for five years. It's just like doing premade vs premade. Long, drawn out games, unless they suck, for very little reward.

It's going to be funny when people get over the newness of it and realize it's the same shit they've been playing for five years. It's just like doing premade vs premade. Long, drawn out games, unless they suck, for very little reward.

From what I understand, the rewards are the same as arenas + the addition of the old school titles again.

And, I don't know, premade vs premade was always fun, a lot better then queing solo or with a few friends, shit is frustrating. Why the hate Mr. Ickz?

I'm pretty excited for this; have been hitting a lot of random BGs while leveling, getting used to everyone's new skills etc.

I think STK will put out a dominating team.

:lol:

Theres how many in the guild with actual pvp experience at a non shit bracket?

With the exception of Law & Jiv back in like S3 or S4, I don't think a single person has any real pvp experience, or any idea as to what they are doing in BG's/arena.

I'm included in that, I haven't had any real pvp experience in a good brackets since S1/S2 on my priest, did enough S4 to get shoulders on my rogue, but fuck that was a long time ago. I didn't touch PVP in WOTLK, and I doubt I do in cata (unless I level my druid or paladin). I've always despised arenas, and found PVE content more enjoyable than PVP, unless it was randomly fighting people in the world.

The PVP I did leveling and fighting over mobs was alot more fun to me than arena ever was.

Last edited:
From what I understand, the rewards are the same as arenas + the addition of the old school titles again.

And, I don't know, premade vs premade was always fun, a lot better then queing solo or with a few friends, shit is frustrating. Why the hate Mr. Ickz?

iczer always has the same elitist attitude towards wow pvp (read: arena), like its actually fucking hard or is worth a shit

he's not winning $$ tournaments or anything, but he likes to think he's the king of pvp

It offers the same rewards, but you need 9 or 14 other people to queue with; there's a reason 5v5 is the least played bracket. It's much slower to lvl up BG rating compared to to arena. There's really no point unless you just REALLY love playing BGs. Also, any fun you may be having is completely obliterated when you see the SoTA load screen after a queue pops.

:lol:

Theres how many in the guild with actual pvp experience at a non shit bracket?

With the exception of Law & Jiv back in like S3 or S4, I don't think a single person has any real pvp experience, or any idea as to what they are doing in BG's/arena.

I'm included in that, I haven't had any real pvp experience in a good brackets since S1/S2 on my priest, did enough S4 to get shoulders on my rogue, but fuck that was a long time ago. I didn't touch PVP in WOTLK, and I doubt I do in cata (unless I level my druid or paladin). I've always despised arenas, and found PVE content more enjoyable than PVP, unless it was randomly fighting people in the world.

The PVP I did leveling and fighting over mobs was alot more fun to me than arena ever was.

Ok well I do know this:

- The guys who were in Silens back in the day were fantastic PVPers.

- A good portion of the people in STK were extremely competitive in Tribes.

- People who excelled in Tribes generally excel in other player vs player games.

- The BGs are still the same thing they've always been.

- Just because someone is good at Arena(or bad) doesn't mean that they will be great at BGs(or vice versa). As well, just because someone doesn't play arena doesn't mean that they won't be good at Rated BGs.

The biggest issue PVE'ers generally need to accept is that you won't just suit up and hit home runs all the time. You need to practice and learn the maps, learn team work and strategy etc.

If Stk takes the time to develop the strats/skills, they will be a great team. If they play one weekend and get angry at losing to people who only PVP then it might not go anywhere.

It's not rocket science; just practice and knowing every class.

I believe jiv and I were the only people to actually arena in the whole guild and we despised it half the time too.

I enjoyed pvp'ing with TAO back in vanilla against insomnia/forgot previous guild name, but saw them just the other day. Refresh my memory smaq. Most of StK were carebears. Even I don't enjoy ganking in WoW, but a good BG was fun to play in. Either way, real PvP was world PvP in any game.

Okay we did some last night.

Sota is just straight dumb.

Otherwise it was fun.

Can't really do serious arena right now without a full pvp set and the weapon, so this is a good way towaste 2 hours for now. Gives decent honor as well.

You should arena regardless of gear. Everyone's pretty much wearing shit right now. Just grab some of the crafted stuff. As far as a weapon, everyone should have a 346 by now.

The only really gay thing about some of the battlegrounds was there were just certain classes back in the day who had superior utility in certain BGs. Your druids having to split basically meant you had to call it in a BG like WSG.

Hunters were also insane in WSG back in the day with frost traps and concussive shot along with wing clip. So you'd run into like a 3 hunter team and it would just get stupid.

It was still fun all in all, but running with a premade back in the days of high warlords and such was a griiind. At least it was a group grind though. Made it almost bearable.

Disclaimer: I haven't played in forever. Didn't even buy Cata.

I believe jiv and I were the only people to actually arena in the whole guild and we despised it half the time too.

I enjoyed pvp'ing with TAO back in vanilla against insomnia/forgot previous guild name, but saw them just the other day. Refresh my memory smaq. Most of StK were carebears. Even I don't enjoy ganking in WoW, but a good BG was fun to play in. Either way, real PvP was world PvP in any game.

Notorious?

Notorious?
Yep. All of the good Noto kids are long gone as far as I know though, so it's nothing like it was back then.

I used to heal with TAO/GV/Insurrection since even most of TC didn't PVP much either. The times we did after raids were always fun, but it didn't happen often. I still have screenshots on my old pc from wins against Notorious, Vicious Cycle, Insurrection's alliance guild, Eminence, etc.

I played 3 or 4 weeks of arena, ever. I never had time to devote to more than 1 aspect of the game so I passed on arena and stuck to PVE. Back in vanilla I enjoyed PVE as well, but loved to play in organized BG groups as long as we'd come up against other organized teams. Two hour AB games and nonstop limited invulnerability potion abuse in WSG made for fun times. I still won't arena in Cataclysm, but eventually I'll give rated BGs a shot once I have time to play.

Back