Are you going to miss Kurayami? by Paladin-5 - Page 12 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Are you going to miss Kurayami?
Page 12 of 14
scotsman
VeteranX
Old
221 - 01-29-2009, 13:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
those examples are definitely worse but were done anonymously i'm not sure how people expect me to respond to that
OK I need an update here....I know fraggle is gone, but are dio and isuk gone too? Because those ******s put all the work into it, which is creepy

Sponsored Links
Golazo
Old
222 - 01-29-2009, 13:14

Tribalwar: Change we can believe in by Golazo - TribalWar Forums

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
223 - 01-29-2009, 14:14
Flyersfan posted my cell phone number one time. I got phone calls at 3am.

He was not banned, but Rayn was kind enough to delete the post.

Rilke
VeteranX
Old
224 - 01-29-2009, 14:31
so how long are permabans?

Bounty
Love
Old
225 - 01-29-2009, 14:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
bounty why are you so anti fraggle

what did he ever do to you besides constantly make fun of your wife
That never really bothered me - his opinions weren't ever worth that much, and many of his zingers even made me laugh.

It would be a lie to say that I haven't found fraggle to be entertaining over the years to some extent or another. In fact, though he's more often than not been a blatantly venomous prick to a lot of people here, I once held a certain amount of respect for him because he did seem to be -- at least -- a straight-shooter; someone who would do as they said.

The first thing he ever "did" that made me lose some of that respect was cheat outrageously during TW's initial domination of Tribalwars.net; and even more so, that he lied about to his own teammates, many of whom stood up in defense of him. (Yeah, it's a lame browser-based MMORPG, but we're talking principles here.)

The second and final thing he "did", which really made me lose what little respect I had left for him, was to weasel his way out of making good on the many bets he made with people here regarding the outcome of the 2008 Presidential Election. Some few did get "paid", after a fashion, including myself (in the form of two $50 Amazon Gift Cards) ... but not according to the terms of the bet. Others he just brushed off completely. Perhaps it is because I don't know fraggle as well as some, but this came as a surprise to me, and I was disappointed because I knew that I would have honored the precise terms of the bet had I lost.

Essentially, he has demonstrated to me that he has great capacity for being a jerk, a cheater and a liar. (At least online -- I have only ever actually met him in passing at one LAN, I think.)

I am certain my opinion of fraggle means as little to him as his opinion means to me. He and I obviously hail from two completely different backgrounds and enjoy extremely different lifestyles. But you asked, so there it is.

As to why I wouldn't mind seeing him erased from the site, I think it's because I've always viewed TW as being something of a close-knit -- albeit highly dysfunctional -- family. When you start screwing other TW people over in real life, no matter how much it might seem that they invited it upon themselves, that's where the line should be drawn.

We're living in some pretty crappy times right now, economically speaking, and I'm sure the last thing ANYONE needs here (especially those with families) is to have their jobs and livelihoods put at risk because of antics on a 10-year-old gaming forum.

Now, Cheater mentioned in another thread that "if you can't stand the heat, you should get out of the kitchen."

I cannot disagree with that sentiment. However, I do not think it should serve as a license for allowing TW members -- no matter how popular they are with the peanut gallery -- to cross the line.

Those are just my opinions, of course. Who knows? Maybe I'm getting too old and fuddy-duddy for this place, and I'm the one who should be perma-deleted.

Pelleas
VeteranXX
Old
226 - 01-29-2009, 14:36
He is a jew after all

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
227 - 01-29-2009, 14:37
bounty if you view us a "close-knit" family you should then rejoice that kurayami has quit (for how long remains to be seen)

he ****ted on almost every single regular poster and rarely added useful content

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
228 - 01-29-2009, 14:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
So from what people have told me the real story is this -just to clear things up

- for some reason dio was researching kurayami most of the night and found a post on ars technica from 2001 in which kura provided his e-mail address which happens to be his name.
- he provided it to isuk who was able to use the name to locate more information since he'd been studying kura and knew his approximate location
- isuk passed it to naptown
- naptown passed it to fraggle
- fraggle called kura at home
- fraggle posted some threads
- i went to the dr's
- various people posted crap in these threads
- people forwarded me PMs from dio who was apparently PMing random people kura's contact information (???)

as far as i'm concerned its the RL harassment that puts this over the line. you people need to chill the **** out and keep the internet on the internet.
Calling someone is real life harrassment?
STREGA - DON'T GET ME BANT

Alekhine
VeteranX
Old
229 - 01-29-2009, 14:45
I will miss Kura. He was always complimentary and friendly to me if not to others.

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
230 - 01-29-2009, 14:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekhine View Post
I will miss Kura. He was always complimentary and friendly to me if not to others.
Well you have that magical chord in your sig - duh.

Alekhine
VeteranX
Old
231 - 01-29-2009, 14:50
Yeah, the mystic chord does have voodoo charm properties. Forgot about that.

Bounty
Love
Old
232 - 01-29-2009, 14:51
I never had a problem with Kurayami, though after reading some of his posts to others, I can understand the animosity of some toward him (which seemed in most cases to be his desired intent). I always wondered if there was a corollary between the use of proper grammar/spelling and whether or not one would fall under his umbrella of "those to be derided."

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
233 - 01-29-2009, 14:55
I will definetly miss Kura.. never hated him.

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
234 - 01-29-2009, 14:57
I miss the little e-pecker, already.
And Bounty - for someone that disparages Santa, you have **** to talk about, bro.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
235 - 01-29-2009, 14:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post
kurayami

AkumA
Banned
Old
236 - 01-29-2009, 15:04
Kuras loss is on par with Aestis.

Ultimately TW isnt the reason these people disappear. Pride is.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
237 - 01-29-2009, 15:06
what's the correlation between aestis & kura again, besides the fact they don't post here anymore?

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
238 - 01-29-2009, 15:08
they're mean

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
239 - 01-29-2009, 15:17
snitches get stitches

edit: also bam was the one who found the ars technica forum, i simply gave it to kotz.

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
240 - 01-29-2009, 15:19
Fraggle posting that picture of his tubby ass zip lining across the jungle should null out any ban...
Kura is a ***** if he really quit tw.. who is gonnal learn us about airplanes now?

Page 12 of 14

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Are you going to miss Kurayami?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kurayamiwar.com