because green still thinks i cheat for some reason

no one cheats

it's just "testing" or "it was my brother" etc

You are a very dumb, smart person.

Anyway - if that was a reference to clown. CLOWN NEVER PLAYED RENLT. If he did, it was only when I was on and because I told him he should come play with us for a bit. I don't think he ever once used Happymod/Happyflag either. He didn't play RenLT enough to bother with that.

So when he says "it was my brother" - he is not lying. I was the RenLT player.

Guess I should have added this to my "Tribes story" thread.

I DID use happyflag, but not because I wanted to cheat, but because it was required for the game play of RenLT. When you became a regular at RenLT, you were told to DL happyflag in order to play it competitively. Ladder captains literally made sure all of their members had Happyflag, because you were at a severe disadvantage if you didn't. It WAS NOT a cheat in RenLT. Why? Because EVERYONE WAS USING IT KNOWINGLY.

That being said. I never used Happymod, I barely even know how it works. Several others in RenLT used Happymod, but it wasn't necessary for gameplay, the flags were the only thing. Passing flags was always high in the air via boosts - it was imperative to see the flag as best as you can. Often times, players would "Self-Cap" - this means boosting the flag back towards your base, and catching it after respawn. This isn't very possible to do effectively without happyflag. I know this very well - I was probably one of the better self-cappers in the mod in my prime. Weird, I know - I was actually a capper in RenLT, not chaser/D.

In regards to BaseLT - I have never used Happyflag in BaseLT. In fact, when RenLT died and I moved back to BaseLT (actually played BaseLT long before joining the Ren community) - I don't even think I was able to join the server at the time with Happyflag. So I deleted it so I could play, and even if I tried joining with it - I had no intention of cheating, and would have deleted it upon realizing anyway.

Think whatever you'd like, but I'm not that type of person. If there is something out there that is going to give me an advantage over every other player who doesnt have it, I am not going to use it unless at least 90% of the community is already using it. In which case, it would no longer be considered a cheat. It would just mean that the 10% of people do not take the game seriously enough to care.

And to be completely honest, coming from someone who has played in a decent chunk of both the primes/post-primes of RenLT and BaseLT - both communities are being completely unfair to eachother. Both mods have the same amount of cheating going on. If anything, there is MORE cheating in BaseLT history than RenLT. A cheat is no longer a cheat if everyone is using it to their advantage, it just becomes part of the gameplay.

Is it considered cheating if those RenLT players use their "gameplay" in BaseLT? Yes, it would be - for sure! But do those RenLT players who use their configs in BaseLT really think about it as cheating? Not really, because they are not used to BaseLT gameplay, and don't even really know the game of tribes without those additions (Happyflag primarily).

Could it possibly be that the RenLT community had evolved more than the BaseLT community, and the BaseLT guys just refuse to convert?

Like really, why not just make Happyflag a staple in BaseLT as well? Isn't everyone annoyed by playing hide and go seek with cappers? Isn't capping ALREADY an overpowered position these days? Like, 2 solid cappers on a team are going to win more often than having 2 solid defenders - right meph?

I'm not saying, "Let's add Happyflag to BaseLT" - I really could care less. I'm fine without it. But if you want to get rid of the notion of "cheating" - would it not make sense to just mainstream the current cheats and point people in the right direction in acquiring them? Obviously certain cheats should not be made mainstream because of their obvious effect on the gameplay - but simply making the flag bigger isn't going to change the game play in a negative way.

/rantover

You are a very dumb, smart person.

Anyway - if that was a reference to clown. CLOWN NEVER PLAYED RENLT. If he did, it was only when I was on and because I told him he should come play with us for a bit. I don't think he ever once used Happymod/Happyflag either. He didn't play RenLT enough to bother with that.

So when he says "it was my brother" - he is not lying. I was the RenLT player.

Guess I should have added this to my "Tribes story" thread.

I DID use happyflag, but not because I wanted to cheat, but because it was required for the game play of RenLT. When you became a regular at RenLT, you were told to DL happyflag in order to play it competitively. Ladder captains literally made sure all of their members had Happyflag, because you were at a severe disadvantage if you didn't. It WAS NOT a cheat in RenLT. Why? Because EVERYONE WAS USING IT KNOWINGLY.

That being said. I never used Happymod, I barely even know how it works. Several others in RenLT used Happymod, but it wasn't necessary for gameplay, the flags were the only thing. Passing flags was always high in the air via boosts - it was imperative to see the flag as best as you can. Often times, players would "Self-Cap" - this means boosting the flag back towards your base, and catching it after respawn. This isn't very possible to do effectively without happyflag. I know this very well - I was probably one of the better self-cappers in the mod in my prime. Weird, I know - I was actually a capper in RenLT, not chaser/D.

In regards to BaseLT - I have never used Happyflag in BaseLT. In fact, when RenLT died and I moved back to BaseLT (actually played BaseLT long before joining the Ren community) - I don't even think I was able to join the server at the time with Happyflag. So I deleted it so I could play, and even if I tried joining with it - I had no intention of cheating, and would have deleted it upon realizing anyway.

Think whatever you'd like, but I'm not that type of person. If there is something out there that is going to give me an advantage over every other player who doesnt have it, I am not going to use it unless at least 90% of the community is already using it. In which case, it would no longer be considered a cheat. It would just mean that the 10% of people do not take the game seriously enough to care.

And to be completely honest, coming from someone who has played in a decent chunk of both the primes/post-primes of RenLT and BaseLT - both communities are being completely unfair to eachother. Both mods have the same amount of cheating going on. If anything, there is MORE cheating in BaseLT history than RenLT. A cheat is no longer a cheat if everyone is using it to their advantage, it just becomes part of the gameplay.

Is it considered cheating if those RenLT players use their "gameplay" in BaseLT? Yes, it would be - for sure! But do those RenLT players who use their configs in BaseLT really think about it as cheating? Not really, because they are not used to BaseLT gameplay, and don't even really know the game of tribes without those additions (Happyflag primarily).

Could it possibly be that the RenLT community had evolved more than the BaseLT community, and the BaseLT guys just refuse to convert?

Like really, why not just make Happyflag a staple in BaseLT as well? Isn't everyone annoyed by playing hide and go seek with cappers? Isn't capping ALREADY an overpowered position these days? Like, 2 solid cappers on a team are going to win more often than having 2 solid defenders - right meph?

I'm not saying, "Let's add Happyflag to BaseLT" - I really could care less. I'm fine without it. But if you want to get rid of the notion of "cheating" - would it not make sense to just mainstream the current cheats and point people in the right direction in acquiring them? Obviously certain cheats should not be made mainstream because of their obvious effect on the gameplay - but simply making the flag bigger isn't going to change the game play in a negative way.

/rantover

I have no idea who u r and my comment was general in nature. Thanks for the essay though.

p.s. tl;dr

ty I will

gl have fun etc.

people like u come and go like a breeze but tribes still survives

what? lol

If you want to get technical, I've been around since 1998. Albeit, I was only 8 years old - but, I was still playing tribes during its birth. ;)

And I'm not going anywhere.

Also, dont get it twisted. I like you Ajax/lemon - it's all good. Just dont want people to get it wrong about my bro, or me. He's not a cheater, and neither am I.

Happyflag and perm flag iffs r bad for LT. Fine for servers filled with newbs and bad players but the game is garbo when better players have them

its pretty garbo when anyone has them. playing against people with those things makes game is a lot less interesting, much simpler, and very repetitive. there are a lot of interesting tactics that disappear because they become useless

bugs_ continues to compile THE LIST

i stopped working on THE LIST and turned off all my testing of clients years ago when i saw how awesome unhappymod had become - no need to worry about clients anymore.

now THE LIST is just another piece of Tribes nostalgia

Back