MC progression question

Ztir

Veteran XX
Now let me start first by saying i'm a retard

okay now that that's out of the way, here's my problem

I transfered off Mal Ganis about a month ago because my friend told me about his new guild on stormreaver that him and his friends were starting. And, being the only way i was really going to stay playing wow was something different, I transfered off to stormreaver to this guild that had only killed the bat boss in zg before.

The real kicker is that the good players from my former guild on malganis transfered to Maelstrom to start a guild there, but I can't transfer my warrior untill january so I've been going emo lately.

Anyways let's skip ahead a few weeks, they make me their raid leader and we progress to getting about 60% on hakkar with a really pubbie guild with shitty blue gear. Tonight we first stepped into MC and it went fine, we wiped about 3 times due to lag but for the most part it was pleasent.

However we're stuck at Mag because of lack of a second tranq shot(lol), our next raid is sunday. Should I just go and try to attempt Gehennes instead of Mag with only one tranq shot or should I just keep trying mag? We kept getting him down lower and lower and our best attempt was about 45% when a terrible lag spike wiped us.

I've never even lead an ubrs run before this, but since i've been up to twin emps I'm their raid leader. What would the rest of you newbs do? Keep trying mag or wait untill ghenness? Or even better yet, try to get the fuck off stormreaver and to maelstrom where I can play with friends from release?

dude
do gehennas
he's fucking easy as hell
good morale booster until you're confident in the number of tranqs you have.
just tell those fucktards to get the fuck out of rain of fire and gehennas is much easier than luci even

DECEPTICONS LOL

No but really, I'm in that guild wassop ritz :p: I made a shit toon on Mal'Ganis to talk to Saturn real quick, and he told me he had a horde mage there (so do I :D) I haven't raided with em though, hell I haven't even logged into my mage lately

Cerbeh <- :)

Now let me start first by saying i'm a retard

okay now that that's out of the way, here's my problem

I transfered off Mal Ganis about a month ago because my friend told me about his new guild on stormreaver that him and his friends were starting. And, being the only way i was really going to stay playing wow was something different, I transfered off to stormreaver to this guild that had only killed the bat boss in zg before.

The real kicker is that the good players from my former guild on malganis transfered to Maelstrom to start a guild there, but I can't transfer my warrior untill january so I've been going emo lately.

Anyways let's skip ahead a few weeks, they make me their raid leader and we progress to getting about 60% on hakkar with a really pubbie guild with shitty blue gear. Tonight we first stepped into MC and it went fine, we wiped about 3 times due to lag but for the most part it was pleasent.

However we're stuck at Mag because of lack of a second tranq shot(lol), our next raid is sunday. Should I just go and try to attempt Gehennes instead of Mag with only one tranq shot or should I just keep trying mag? We kept getting him down lower and lower and our best attempt was about 45% when a terrible lag spike wiped us.

I've never even lead an ubrs run before this, but since i've been up to twin emps I'm their raid leader. What would the rest of you newbs do? Keep trying mag or wait untill ghenness? Or even better yet, try to get the fuck off stormreaver and to maelstrom where I can play with friends from release?
when learning mag, 2+ tranqs are almost necessary.

it's likely your hunter doesn't have the +hit to make the 1 tranq happen.
also, mag is the only boss you need to tranq in mc.

provided you have 3 tanks and enough decursing, gehennas would be quite doable. if you have the warriors and warlocks you can do garr easily enough as well. make sure people decurse the tank immeadiately, and spam decursive like in luci and to get out of the rain of fire very very fast.

at the very least, keep farming luci for the tranq shot. it's 100% drop, so that by the time you're ready to try mag again your hunters will be set.

also, if you're alliance, rent a dwarf priest for the first few mag fights. tanks not having to stance dance when learning the fight help it go by much quicker.

Nope not alliance

I should note that I come from a c'thun guild, so I know how the fights work, I don't know what way to progress because it's been almost 2 years since I started doing MC

at the very least, keep farming luci for the tranq shot. it's 100% drop, so that by the time you're ready to try mag again your hunters will be set.

also, if you're alliance, rent a dwarf priest for the first few mag fights. tanks not having to stance dance when learning the fight help it go by much quicker.

LOL FEAR WARD = EASY MODE

I actually just started running MC about a month ago on my Shaman. We can one shot all of the bosses except for Domo and Rag. We can down Domo, but our performance vaires. Our first shot at him we got him down on the second try, but last week it took like 7 fucking tries to get him down because some moron was using multi-shot and breaking the sheeps.

We cant down Rag, but we got him to 5% on our last try. I dont think that's really bad, as it was our second time fighting Rag, but here is our problem...

Attendance can be shitty at times. We usually start raids at about 7:00, but people take forever to get there, so we don't usually even get into the instance and start clearing until 8:00 - 8:30, which sucks. We can't even always get enough people for Onyxia, so our guild leader just gets fed up and goes on a recruiting spree.

There are competent people in the guild, but he just goes off recruiting anyone if attendance isnt up to par. So we have an influx of morons with maybe a good player or two in the mix. You would cringe if you took a look through our recruiting forums. People are getting accepted into the guild with little or no FR at all, shitty gear in general and bad aditudes.

I try to play as well as I can and I feel competent in my abilities, but I keep seeing the same stupid mistakes from the same people, which is just going to hold us back. In his defense, though, he is a competent raid leader. He really knows the encounters well, and keeps things moving as smoothly as he can.

I'ts disheartening to see us fail on Rag or Ony when a few people just dont fucking listen and continue to fuck it up for everyone else. Should I start looking for another guild? I dont want to sound like a greedy asshole that just wants to be in a great guild and have loot handed down to me, but I prefer if people at least try to play up to thier potential.

There are a few players that just outright suck at the game, but have a very good aditude and are receptive to learning and give 100% everytime they are in the raid. I have no problems at all with these players and hope to see them get better as time goes by. But when some people just show up an hour late for raids, forget reagents, bandages and god knows what else, and just expect to blow through content relying on the hard work of others, there is a problem.

Get class leaders

have them recruit from the class and monitor the different recruits from each class, you'l have less problems that way

Back