[Druid]Critique my balance/resto build

Slobax

Veteran X
Fellow druids, tell me what i should change and if i should change something.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0pLx0MxsxZxecoco

Basically i want to be a balance druid, utilizing all the +int/+spi gear that they give druids anyways...but still be a viable healer for when my guild gets past ZG and starts onto the bigger stuff. Feral sounds fun, but it sounds way too much of a pain to gather up decent feral gear, just to deal mediocre damage.

I'm just concerned this build doesn't go far enough in resto for me to be considered 'resto spec' and be healer in instances. EDIT: forgot to mention, the reason i went so far up balance is because i still want to PVP when i'm not raiding or instancing.

If you area balance druid, feel free to post your builds.

Last edited:
yeah, imp wrath is a joke sometimes since if you proc nature's wrath, you can't even cast another wrath until global cooldown... cools down. since it's 1.5 seconds, you gotta wait .4/.5 seconds, depending on how many talents you put in. heh.

i used the 24/27 spec in AV. i loved it. although i think i liked swiftmend better. but whatever floats your boat :p

yeah, imp wrath is a joke sometimes since if you proc nature's wrath, you can't even cast another wrath until global cooldown... cools down. since it's 1.5 seconds, you gotta wait .4/.5 seconds, depending on how many talents you put in. heh.

i used the 24/27 spec in AV. i loved it. although i think i liked swiftmend better. but whatever floats your boat :p
I have a hard time wrapping my head around swiftmend and how it can worth the extra resto points

i think i just don't understand the tooltip completely. sounds like it just turns one of your HoT's into a normal heal. Which sounds like a waste since it would cost the mana of the HoT + the mana cost of swiftmend, which is way more than a lower rank healing touch......why not just cast a healing touch?

healing touch is a very slow spell for pvp

rejuv and then swiftmending "later" on allows some insurance that healing touch can never provide.

even talented HT is a joke for combat healing. rejuv/regrowth/swiftmend is all i ever used in AV. unless i was main tank healing, but i am merely talking about playing defense in AV, where time and respawning are *not* in your favor.

went with the build, having shit tough time leveling now (at 55). Thinking i may have to just respec BACk to feral until i'm 60....i just can't solo AT ALL with balance. Have to wait for my friend Rogue to be on to do any quests.

I love when people say balance is the suck or OOMkin or whatever. Maybe you don't like it, but it works incredibly well for many others.

My balance druid build:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=MtLx0MEstZxVco

My resto druid build:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=MzTZZxEcqeqmo

Yes i have 2 60 druids, on the same server even.

Balance build, with the mixed gear (cloth and leather) I have ~7600mana with only MotW so running out of mana isn't an issue. Moonkin is pretty much needed for the armor boost due to having cloth gear and low armor.

Resto build, mixed leather gear, +577 to healing. My main heal is Rank4 and it hits for ~1k with a 2sec cast time and 166mana cost. It's super effective for healing over long periods of time (53 casts before running out of mana, then another 18 from innervate if not used on a priest).

it's really all a matter of how you like to play and what is needed for your group. If we're heavy on healing I'll take the turbo chicken and if we're short on them I'll take the healbot.

Last edited:
for a healing balance build i would recommend a 24/0/27 efficiency build such as this

I have a hard time wrapping my head around swiftmend and how it can worth the extra resto points

i think i just don't understand the tooltip completely. sounds like it just turns one of your HoT's into a normal heal. Which sounds like a waste since it would cost the mana of the HoT + the mana cost of swiftmend, which is way more than a lower rank healing touch......why not just cast a healing touch?
swiftmend comes in handy, other than obvious pvp applications, when you need a quick heal.

im a rejuv whore
i'll typically have it ticking on 5-10 players at any one time assuming im not healing a dedicated tank. if you're healing a dedicated tank, typically you drop a rejuv, then spam HT4. if there's ever a dmg spike/crit/ms etc, you simply nail him with a swiftmend with heals for even more than a HT4 (at least with my gear it does). it's also very handy for healing squishy classes like mages or rogues and giving you time to finish healing other players/multitask knowing you can swiftmend a previous target if needed.

in anycase, the spec that you presented will be fine for raid healing as well

I love when people say balance is the suck or OOMkin or whatever. Maybe you don't like it, but it works incredibly well for many others.
moonkin, aside from being a retardedly bad talent, is not as much bad for what it is, but bad for the opportunity cost in taking it.

plainly, nature's swiftness is 100x better.

i have no doubt that some people have success with it. just like ret pallies are hardcore dpsers, prep rogues do uber dps, and pvp protection spec warriors work for some people. these are "special" people you see.

i've ran around killing people in moonkin too, that still doesn't make it a good talent.

Back