Cheap gold nowadays.

None of those things are going to "shift the balance", it's just crap you have to farm for. That's exactly the kind of tedium I have no problem avoiding.

Do you understand how much gold has to be spent on some of the encounters in Naxx for consumables? Out of an entire guild not everyone is going to have the time or patience to go out and farm all of it.

Man, gold prices are going up. Used to be 50 per 1k gold on my server 6 months ago. Two months ago, it was around 80-100, now its $120.

Do you understand how much gold has to be spent on some of the encounters in Naxx for consumables? Out of an entire guild not everyone is going to have the time or patience to go out and farm all of it.

If you weren't stupid/lazy, you'd know that I obviously do know that, since I'm clearly in a progression guild.

Also, how does that have *any* bearing on what I said. I said buying gold relieves boring, tedious farming for random crap you use. Shock of shocks, farming for herbs/repair money is boring and tedious, and does nothing to progress your character directly.

Lrn2UnderstandPoints.

If you weren't stupid/lazy, you'd know that I obviously do know that, since I'm clearly in a progression guild.

Also, how does that have *any* bearing on what I said. I said buying gold relieves boring, tedious farming for random crap you use. Shock of shocks, farming for herbs/repair money is boring and tedious, and does nothing to progress your character directly.

Lrn2UnderstandPoints.

You said nothing important can be bought with gold. Consumables can be bought with gold. Consumables are necessary and important for Naxx.

the only thing i'd want tons and tons of gold for is to buy my way into rep. example - buying tons of twilight texts to lvl up my CC rep.

the rest of the stuff can be bought fairly easily with income from casual gaming.

Back