Cheap gold nowadays.

why not

they check your IP to see what other accounts you play and ban those too. just like when they ban for account sharing.

You obviously don't understand how the internet works.

Banning via IP, and causing collateral damage, is too much headache for them.

There's no way in fucking hell that Blizzard would ban IP addresses for violations.
True for a variety of reasons not the least of which being that broadband providers change their IP adressing schemas 2-3 times per month as a means of limiting the ability of hackers to use "zombie" systems.

they check your IP to see what other accounts you play and ban those too. just like when they ban for account sharing.
No, they do not ban at the IP level they ban at the credit card/account name/e-mail address level.

See my reply to Pessi's post as to why.

Actually when they ban, they ban via credit information/email/etc
Cookie for you. They go off account names for the initial temporary ban and they will branch out to accounts that use the same credit card if it goes to a permanent ban.

OK what I meant is they check which accounts are accessed by your IP and ban those accounts.

If they don't do this then how do they ban people for sharing their account?

weird...how would anyone ever find something like that out if you didn't say it?

Someone else might.

Most glider users are banned becuase someone reported them and a flag got put onto their account. Same thing happens with account sharing. It's really not hard to spot account sharing, if you're looking for it.

It kind of defeats the purpose to buy gold.
How is it fun to have whatever you want all in a sudden?
Besides, you are encouraging the farmers, whom most of the people dislike for some reason.

It kind of defeats the purpose to buy gold.
How is it fun to have whatever you want all in a sudden?
Besides, you are encouraging the farmers, whom most of the people dislike for some reason.

Absolutely nothing important can be bought with gold. *maybe* one item per class. It's just a timesink. I'm all for avoiding that shit.

i gotta give www.gamepal.com a shout out

they have never let me down in any MMO game i've played. Quick shipment, and if you feel it's taking too long, they have a 24/7 chat support (that isn't some automated bot).

- Mounts (Normal, Epic, BG, AV)
- Epic Items
- Pots
- Recipes/Patterns/etc
- Battleground Items
- PVP Items
- Ammo/Bows
- Transmutes
- Mats
None of those things are going to "shift the balance", it's just crap you have to farm for. That's exactly the kind of tedium I have no problem avoiding.

An "IP ban" typically means to block all future connections from one or more IP addresses. Checking IP addresses as part of an investigation that may lead to terminating accounts is clearly something different.

True for a variety of reasons not the least of which being that broadband providers change their IP adressing schemas 2-3 times per month as a means of limiting the ability of hackers to use "zombie" systems.
Time-Warner has not done this to me. My address changes MAYBE once a year. That seems like a lot of hassle for marginal benefit.

Back