Have ya ever met a happy atheist? by SuicideTaxi - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?
Page 5 of 77
Thread Tools
Pagy
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 10-09-2018, 18:16
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
but what IF there is something after death? what IF there is actually a "god", whether it be aliens or some other-dimensional being?
well for starters, the consideration of a "god" or some sort of magical super-being is just an arbitrary waste of mental energy considering creative licence leaves you with an infinite number of possibilities. so why bother?

second, the concept of an afterlife is beyond ridiculous. we are biological, living beings. everything you perceive and experience is a byproduct of being a living entity there is as much of an afterlife as there was a before-life.
 
Pagy is online now
 
Sponsored Links
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
82 - 10-09-2018, 18:23
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
second, the concept of an afterlife is beyond ridiculous. we are biological, living beings. everything you perceive and experience is a byproduct of being a living entity there is as much of an afterlife as there was a before-life.
you say that matter-of-fact-like but you truly don't know **** about what happens after death. why do you do that?
 
havax is offline
 
Vanster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
83 - 10-09-2018, 18:24
Reply With Quote
 
Vanster is offline
 
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
84 - 10-09-2018, 18:25
Reply With Quote
that's lovely, vanster

thx
 
havax is offline
 
Amadeus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
85 - 10-09-2018, 18:25
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
you say that matter-of-fact-like but you truly don't know **** about what happens after death. why do you do that?
Because the rational default position on any claim is to not believe it until you have a good reason to do so.
 
Amadeus is online now
 
Vanster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
86 - 10-09-2018, 18:27
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
that's lovely, vanster

thx
That's all we are. Everything you know, feel, see, hear, smell, and remember is all right there.
 
Vanster is offline
 
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
87 - 10-09-2018, 18:28
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Because the rational default position on any claim is to not believe it until you have a good reason to do so.
people didn't believe we would ever be able to fly a little over a hundred years ago because there was no good reason to do so.
 
havax is offline
 
coombz
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 10-09-2018, 18:30
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
people didn't believe we would ever be able to fly a little over a hundred years ago because there was no good reason to do so.
this is why people think you're stupid
 
coombz is offline
 
Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 10-09-2018, 18:31
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
That's all we are. Everything you know, feel, see, hear, smell, and remember is all right there.
looks like a SPERM


we r all SPERM


there's a winner in all of us
 
Edofnor is online now
 
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
90 - 10-09-2018, 18:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
this is why people think you're stupid
so you're telling me that most people on this earth believed we would be able to fly and had good reason to do so before the first manned flight in 1903?
 
havax is offline
 
Pagy
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 10-09-2018, 18:33
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
you say that matter-of-fact-like but you truly don't know **** about what happens after death. why do you do that?
because it doesn't make any sense otherwise?

without life, you're not experiencing anything. everything about your experience is a product of being alive.

you have almost 14B years experience being stardust. hope you're ready for another 14B.
 
Pagy is online now
 
bowl of blood
Veteran5
Contributor
Old
92 - 10-09-2018, 18:34
Reply With Quote
hey guys I'm 12 lets debate religon

to consider
where did stars come from

retarded children

why not just kill everyone then

who made gays

my dad was not a monkey and neither was granddad
 
bowl of blood is offline
 
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
93 - 10-09-2018, 18:34
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
because it doesn't make any sense otherwise?

without life, you're not experiencing anything. everything about your experience is a product of being alive.

you have almost 14B years experience being stardust. hope your ready for another 14B.
so you know for certain that there is no concept of a soul, or no other dimension except the one we are currently in right now in this universe?
 
havax is offline
 
cael
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 10-09-2018, 18:37
Reply With Quote
i'm with havax here, humans just had no desire to fly before the wright brothers that's why they never came up with stories like prometheus or angels or the ornithopter
 
cael is offline
 
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
95 - 10-09-2018, 18:39
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
i'm with havax here, humans just had no desire to fly before the wright brothers that's why they never came up with stories like prometheus or angels or the ornithopter
i did NOT say we never had a desire to fly.

i said most people had no good reason to believe we would be able to fly before the first manned flight of 1903.

nice try, though.
 
havax is offline
 
Amadeus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
96 - 10-09-2018, 18:40
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
people didn't believe we would ever be able to fly a little over a hundred years ago because there was no good reason to do so.
Yes. And at the time, that was the rational thing to believe. Then new evidence emerged, and people adapted their beliefs.

At this moment, no evidence of the supernatural exists, and so at this moment, belief in the supernatural is not justified.

But you already know this, because you already admitted that you believe on faith, not because of any good reason. So let's get back to my earlier question: why do you believe anything on faith?
 
Amadeus is online now
 
bowl of blood
Veteran5
Contributor
Old
97 - 10-09-2018, 18:41
Reply With Quote
what he's saying is we hadn't invented souls yet
 
bowl of blood is offline
 
Pagy
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 10-09-2018, 18:41
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
so you know for certain that there is no concept of a soul, or no other dimension except the one we are currently in right now in this universe?
-would need to define what a soul is.
-dimensions has nothing to do with anything. are u suggesting that the existence of parallel reality would somehow overturn the notion that a dead clump of matter would not being about to perceive it's own existence?

you already know what it's like to be dead. you were dead for almost 14B years. what possible, rational reason would you have to believe that being dead again would be different?
 
Pagy is online now
 
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
99 - 10-09-2018, 18:42
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
you already know what it's like to be dead. you were dead for almost 14B years. what possible, rational reason would you have to believe that being dead again would be different?
lol wat?
 
havax is offline
 
bowl of blood
Veteran5
Contributor
Old
100 - 10-09-2018, 18:46
Reply With Quote
he's saying that the atoms that compose every element of your being and consciousness did not suddenly spring into existence the moment your dad blew sauce up your mom
 
bowl of blood is offline
 
Page 5 of 77
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
gay for jesus , hail satan , hfs was this made by ants


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:16.