NR's

I can make u a quick beacon jump vid if u want

I'd do a nade jump for u, but I'm not really the guy u want for that since I rarely use it. Very few situation call for it. Focus on playing smart. Forcing flags to return if ur killed in the field, camping unseen for e grabs (please don't egrab if u can see a teammate on radar flying in for grab), clearing flag for teammates if ur route fails, etc...

yeah i don't need the basics i'm ok on that :)

i just suck at ma'ing, nade jumping, and beacon jumping

like real bad have a 28 ping there's no excuse

You've never had any of my scenarios happen to u? I still have it happen about 2x per week. It's no longer a problem like it used to be, but it still occurs.

perhaps there is a bug with self-inflicted damage...dj's and ma'ing ppl too close. but as far as a regular NR, I don't see them anymore. I've seen players warp into my explosion, which means I hit the correct target and not the target on my screen. If my dj fails its because it twitched too fast and somehow missed the ground(lol) or I went over a bump and the explosion was too far away.

come to think of it, I think I recently MA'd someone face to face and I didn't take damage but he did. So I guess I don't see negative NR's.

I haven't seen a nr ever since changing the pref. Nor have I had a dj fail me like ever

Happens to me regularly as well.

Also notice the direct hot ground shots seem to be the biggest NR's and its bullshit if you say the server didn't recognise the target as being their, because i have NR'd non mobile targets b4. k

so gg.

Yes and they have to be recognized by the server. When u NR someone, a lot of the time the other person sees the NR too meaning both clients see it. So if NR's are misses, there would have to be a follow up explosion registered by the server on the ground or in the air somewhere. I've never seen that which means the server did register something, it just didn't register damage.

I've had nade jump nr's happen. Its so weird, you'd think there would be a fix for it by now.

I do however have a theory on why the nr occurs. It's simple really, the projectile makes contact with a weapon or pack causing the damage to negate but the explosion animation will show.

Yes and they have to be recognized by the server. When u NR someone, a lot of the time the other person sees the NR too meaning both clients see it. So if NR's are misses, there would have to be a follow up explosion registered by the server on the ground or in the air somewhere. I've never seen that which means the server did register something, it just didn't register damage.

The reason you don't see a follow up is because the client told the server "that disc exploded". The server says "ok but lol you didn't hit shit"

It's a two way conversation between client and server. The client tells the server hey bro I shot a disc, the server says aight I got it. The client says hey bro I think I hit something, the server says let me check..ya u got 1 this time gj buddy.

The server has to handle all of the clients talking to it at once. In between talks the clients make up bullshit and it's the server's job to then update the bullshit. You receive data at whatever rate your ping is. In between updates from the server, the client makes a prediction as to what will happen next. That way the game is smooth and you don't only see what the server sends. That's the whole deal behind terp and pft, they do the math between updates.

The clients don't talk to each other. They all make up their own bullshit and tell it to the server. Welcome to the internet my friends. That's the facts. You can believe them or we can have shift tell us his theory and wonder if he's right.

NR for 5 year olds. Also doesnt turning off clientsidexplosions display only hits confirmed by server, so there is no clientside prediction about that?
For example: you receive X location of player -> you shoot in Y direction -> with clientside explo on you'd display hit and then update status, with clientside explo off you'd wait for server confirmation.

Last edited:
one also has to account for the occasional packet loss and factor that in

so sometime client say 'i shoot disc' but server no hear this and u c disc shoot but server doesn't know

also stork i like ur netcode for dummies speech

Last edited:

i have seen this happen before

it looks like i MA a dude, but it ended up killing someone behind him like 2 seconds later

then i think 2 myself am i fukin high or wut

but i remember it aint change a thing since i have never played a game of tribe sober since age 15

Back