Building a new computer...

So my desktop died. I believe the hard-drive failed, but my computer is reasonably old, and the parts have traveled in planes on many occasions.

So I'm building mostly a completely brand new one, salvaging only the RAM, the cpu, and the case.

I've got a bunch of new equipment on the way that just shipped today. It's gonna be really fun putting it all together after it arrives.

Upcoming games I have my eye on:

1) Overwatch - Probably going to be hugely successful and tons of fun.
2) Midair - Looking forward to seeing what this tribes-esque title has to offer.
3) River City Ransom Underground - Classic beat-em up.

Games I will be playing:

1) Chivalry - Freaking sweet game
2) Hearthstone - It's fun and I have a ton of dust saved up.
3) World of Tanks - pew pew pew
4) LoL and Dota - Maybe

I'm excited about having this mouse:

IMG_4841(1).jpg

That is my post. Thank you for reading.

I got an intel 2500k i5 3.3 ghz quad core...

Is that decent enough these days?

I've been out of the loop for a decade and all my hardware knowledge is from one day of study last Sunday...

Anything that ends up not being good enough will get upgraded.

I'll probably buy a new graphics card too, cus my old one is probably junk but I'm waiting to see how it all runs and stuff...

yes that cpu is definitely too old, if it was an unused cpu, it would hold up for a while, especially with the games that youre aiming to play

but its used as fuck and wont perform up to the specs

definitely get like a mid-tier i7

So I'll go ahead and list what I got so far:

a 1 Terrabyte Sandisk SSD extreme pro:

51a.jpg

One might consider this overkill, but I wanted to make the switch to SSD for fast boot times and quick alt-tabbing, and it came with a 10 year warranty.

two 8gb sticks of what looks like standard patriot ram:

PSD38G16002_BigProductImage.jpg

^That is on top of the two 2 gb ripjaws I already had ^

So I'll be sitting at 20 gb of ram.

An MSI H97 Gaming Motherboard:

600.png

Corsair CX600M power supply:

images

This sexy ass mouse:

clg-razer-deathadder-banner.png

Now I'm considering what cpu and graphics card as well...

the mouse is amazing, especially for the price. insanely accurate, comfortable, light

i have bought the past 3 generations of the deathadder and they all amazing

GTX960 for vid card and i7 4790k cpu

gl n hf

same mouse as me, been buying the deathadder series for 5 years now

I was thinking of going ahead and shelling out for the GTX 970.

Is that overkill? Mistake?

that looks good but dont go with that mouse imo

It's the first gaming mouse I've ever bought.

Back in the day I was succeeding with cheap logitech crap and never even considered investing in anything better.

I was going to try out the Death Adder, see how it felt, and just buy something different if I didn't like it.

The other options were the ultra-nerd proteus core, which looked interesting with the adjustable weights, but i have big hands and it looked kind of small. I also tend to palm my mouse.

G502_white_background_highres.jpg

Or the steel sensei:

sensei_raw_01_thumb.jpg

The RAT looked too try-hard for me...

The corsair looked ok though, but something about the shape and design made me not want to buy it.

CG_M65_RGB_W_01_hero_R.png

What are you using Dare? Or what do you recommend?

i can hook you up with ram and some hd's if you wanna pay for shipping. i only play tribes on this toshiba laptop. So most of my computer junk is up for grabs. I just don't have money to pay for the shipping

imo gaming mouses are a scam unless ur playing mobas

most gaming mice are high dpi which isn't needed at all for fps and will screw u up

with adjustable dpi u get mouse smoothing for any time u use anything that isnt the default native dpi so if its 3600 and u use 400 u get major smoothing

there are only a couple mice that are good because they dont get a lot or any smoothing ever and they are low dpi only imo intelimouse 3.0, windows optical mouse

ive heard the g400 is good and ppl r also moving to newer gaming mice but i havent tried many of them aside from the final mouse 2015 and i didnt like that 1

imo gaming mouses are a scam unless ur playing mobas

Interesting reading about all that mouse smoothing stuff.

This will be my first time ever even trying a gaming mouse, so I have no idea if I'll think it's the absolute shit, or even crappier than this dogshit buffalo mouse I got at the store on a whim when I never even considered that I might do any actual gaming...

That CLG esports model is definitely the nicest "looking" mouse I saw, and visual aesthetics do matter to me, though of course performance matters far more.

I could never use the RAT for that reason.

I mean, they must have created this thing blindfolded:

Cyborg_RAT_5_gaming_mouse_2.jpg

It looks like a lump of cyborg turd.

I'm certain that anything would be better than what I have now, so I'll probably love the Death Adder.

there are knock offs that are exact same just break ez that is wat i buy and u can still get windows optical mouses which have the same internal parts as an intellimouse 3.0 and just body swap it (lol gg i learn autism things from fire's secret fps pro gamer forums()

they really r the best mice for fps games no matter wat. this is y u still get so many pro gamer fags using these mice. but i see some ppl r switching to these other mouse and i read they r bad but pro gamer ppl still using them so idk

Back