AMD 1800X fuck smashing "all" the Intel 5960X records.

I ended up going with a EVGA GTX 1060 3GB for $160 because I'm a cheap fuck and I don't see the need to a 1070 or 1080 at 1080p.

With that said, this system "upgrade" (all so I could move to ITX mobo) of 4790K -> 7700K and 970 -> 1060 has been fairly massive. Every game sees at least 10% increase, with some in the 40% range.

Also, my EVGA 970 sounded like a god damn jet engine taking off in taxing games. It was driving me crazy. This 1060 runs quiet and cool. The chip is clearly significantly more efficient.

p.s. Probably going to sell my 970 for at least a hundred too. Win-win all around, except not being able to get Ryzen.

p.p.s. Trying to install Win7 on NVMe drivers is a huge fucking annoyance if the company doesn't have readily available install drivers so that you can use a CD to install drivers during Win 7 installation so that it actually recognizes the M2 drive. OCZ and Samsung both had drivers, Corsair did not. Fuck Corsair for not giving install drivers. I had to waste time buying it before realizing it wouldn't work without doing some sort of hassle of imaging a different Win7 install to it.

Last edited:
Back