question for groove [or other smart ppl etc]

when u are manipulating flag glows etc are u doing it through scripGL?

as in: glSetFont( %font, %pixel_height, [%render_mode], [%glow_radius] ) type of thing?

i like browsing andrew site to figure things out i no nothing unfortunately

Hudbot's ScriptGL documentation

edit: found this on floodyberry made me laugh:

[E5] TSI: Why can I see triangles under the ground?
[E5] TSI: We only use this computer to watch demos
[E5] TSI: I love playing on [TTM] because they don't ban cheaters
[E5] TSI: I'm so good I let Swank and Clamsoda cap me out

Last edited:
No because its considered a cheat. Flag glow is in the exe, not a feature of scriptgl as far as I know

no im jsut curious about scriptgl and customizing config to do things like perma-broast pulsing flags without having to toggle or accidently toggle off cause fukn backspace jfc, or having a hud that auto-toggle different reticles for each weapon, stupid aesthetic shit

idk i feel like the smart ppl who can make up hacks in an hour don't even play the game anymore and the only hack that even bothers me are perma indicators a la dare's ivan lazarte demo holy shit, other "hacks" like interpolate, nrg indicators etc are w/e who cares really

also speaking of indicators and nrg hacks: Milk, can this little reticle self display be used in lieu of red triangle enemy indicator? i.e. even better looking nrg hacks?

XmWdHJI.png

can we just get cheat hacked the fuck out tribes already

personally i want purple earf and red sky to go wityh my ms paint disc launcher and solid colour skins

then i want the grid terrain

anyone do this already?

if not im gonna do it now

when u are manipulating flag glows etc are u doing it through scripGL?

as in: glSetFont( %font, %pixel_height, [%render_mode], [%glow_radius] ) type of thing?

i like browsing andrew site to figure things out i no nothing unfortunately

Hudbot's ScriptGL documentation

edit: found this on floodyberry made me laugh:

[E5] TSI: Why can I see triangles under the ground?
[E5] TSI: We only use this computer to watch demos
[E5] TSI: I love playing on [TTM] because they don't ban cheaters
[E5] TSI: I'm so good I let Swank and Clamsoda cap me out

No because its considered a cheat. Flag glow is in the exe, not a feature of scriptgl as far as I know

^^^^^^^^^ yep

scriptGL is an overlay that draws on top of tribes, with access to the tribes variables

so no, scriptGL isn't something that can modify existing draw/opengl routines

all items can have glows (but most don't) and those settings are loaded by the server and pushed to the clients - so clients can't modify them

i did it by modifying the .exe to change the way it draws all glows regardless of server setting. i still pull the server settings but i basically ignore them and use my own

also andrews scriptGL documentation is for 1.3's scriptGL which is a bit different (ex: that setFont command you quoted - glow radius and render mode don't work in 1.40's scriptGL)

and yeah andrew had a major hardon for TSI and wiped all his stats from the database (dutch's too)

ty ty, seems like messing with scriptgl huds can do weird things that i am just now learning 11 years late ow well

^^^^^^^^^ yep

scriptGL is an overlay that draws on top of tribes, with access to the tribes variables

so no, scriptGL isn't something that can modify existing draw/opengl routines

all items can have glows (but most don't) and those settings are loaded by the server and pushed to the clients - so clients can't modify them

i did it by modifying the .exe to change the way it draws all glows regardless of server setting. i still pull the server settings but i basically ignore them and use my own

also andrews scriptGL documentation is for 1.3's scriptGL which is a bit different (ex: that setFont command you quoted - glow radius and render mode don't work in 1.40's scriptGL)

and yeah andrew had a major hardon for TSI and wiped all his stats from the database (dutch's too)

ty ty, seems like messing with scriptgl huds can do weird things that i am just now learning 11 years late ow well

yeah scriptGL can be tricksy especially when trying to mix huds from different configs

i basically had 3 different styles of doing scriptGL huds and some aren't compatible with each other, especially later ones where i started doing true vhuds that need a bunch of support scripts and work differently

one badly written script can mess up all subsequently loaded huds so load order and proper syntax is annoyingly important

can we just get cheat hacked the fuck out tribes already

personally i want purple earf and red sky to go wityh my ms paint disc launcher and solid colour skins

then i want the grid terrain

anyone do this already?

if not im gonna do it now

[s7]sLicK and\or [TF]Elmo already did this in an arena map (purple earf and red ski)
I forgot the name of the map but I got the map pack laying around here somewhere

Back