Worth working my way back to raid?

zeph

Veteran XV
With comments like these...
...all the content is a joke.

And what I've heard from friends in ICC, I'm feeling like it wouldn't be worth the effort to catch my toons gear up to ICC ready just to roll in and bash some loot piñatas. I need a raid that feels like early BWL or Mimiron HM pre-nerf. Any thoughts from those raiding? Do the upcoming HM's seem promising? I'd most likely just end up joining some mid level ICC guild, grabbing my gear and jumping to a better guild, so the end goal is to experience the HMs and have a legit shot of downing most of them. Thoughts?

There are only 4 bosses available right now, and all of them are easy because it's normal mode. It's too early to know for sure, but since it's the last instance of the expansion and a lot of the hardcores are eagerly awaiting a challenge from it, I'd expect the hardmodes to be pretty good.

Plus, you're probably going to come back regardless of what's said in this thread. So you might as well just do it.

If you have someplace you could raid right away, you could always wait 5-6 weeks and then come back and badge gear up quick.

Hardmodes should be entertaining.

Don't come back until the next expansion if you plan to raid for a challenge, wotlk content is a fucking joke. If you have a guild you have fun raiding with then return because of that.

Don't listen to the people saying to wait until after the expansion. Go ahead and start back up and get stupid gear in no time. If you get bored after that, quit. That way when the expansion drops you'll be geared and ready to rock.

loto does your guild need either a boomkin or an ele shaman?

And no, I don't necessarily have a guild lined up yet. I'd most likely end up in a place where 1-2 former guildies are currently. Sucks my old guild wiped to summer boss, we had a good core of 15-18 raiders w the rest getting carried.

I'm wondering if they are planning some silly mini-content-patch between 3.3 and expansion. You know, like slap down a troll city in Zul'drak and call it Chillaman.

And no, I don't necessarily have a guild lined up yet. I'd most likely end up in a place where 1-2 former guildies are currently. Sucks my old guild wiped to summer boss, we had a good core of 15-18 raiders w the rest getting carried.

what summer boss do you speak of? You mean Ahune? He's easy as shit, your "core" must have really sucked.

my guild sucks and i doubt you would enjoy it here, but we could use a boomkin or a ele shammy that doesn't suck. your best bet is to app as a boomkin.

I figured it this way, either renew now and mess around getting some gear from emblems of triumph from heroics or wait until the pre xpack patch where emblems of frost drop in heroics and get geared then.

In my opinion it doesn't make much sense to play for the first 2/3 of the the expansion and then not play for the final instance.

Back