opsayo u were rite

pancakes1.jpg

ITT we gots da pubscrub vetroobZ of trieb been playin bout 20 yr or so but still coulsnt topple Noob king mun invadin dey bases BUUUUUUUMMMMMMM gfg

all da collaboration n spergin n reminiscing in da world not gon bring u :king: stats
Sry bruhz

but lt pus in 2011 when there was 17 ppl in server then all a sudden 7 ppl had 2 sit in obs cus they fuckin suck

that is what killed tribes, even tho most of the time we went 2 babylt

I don't think anyone wants to read a breakdown on my thoughts of how to play when you're openly cheating vs hiding cheats. Dare's point of how cheats make people more aware and how hiding is gay is correct. And it's true that most players don't become as aware as players like dare with cheats. End result you still have to know which decisions to make and how they will play out in the long run. And for some reason the correct decisions are a really hard thing for most people to grasp.

If I'm reading you correctly dare, your pov makes me wonder why you are against permiff on flag. And did you like the waypoint system in t2? These things make the game much easier for the avg triber.

What holds tribes down today with the few remaining players is all these guys that think they're real good, and to their credit, some do have decent aim, but they have 0 awareness and there's very little sense of teamwork.

I genuinely cannot figure out how people can be so clueless after playing for so long. Chasers chase and have 0 home time because there's 5 cappers and only the one D. Chase, kill, return, DJ to next chase. Rinse and repeat 30x a map. The worst part is somehow these 5 cappers fail to get an egrab when it's needed 80% of the time. These guys all want the glory and don't want to do any of the dirty work. This of course is ironic because it almost never leads to glory anyway which just adds to the stupidity of it all. These are the same people, or the same variety of people that never get/got picked for PU's. It's not their fault of course, they're amazing in their minds.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

What holds tribes down today with the few remaining players is all these guys that think they're real good, and to their credit, some do have decent aim, but they have 0 awareness and there's very little sense of teamwork.

That's why talking about who is good on a forum is meaningless and you need ladders and a decent player pool. Tribes is a team game based on teamplay. It was never an individual game based on individual score.

I genuinely cannot figure out how people can be so clueless after playing for so long.

Because time doesn't change things so much as people love to claim.

This of course is ironic because it almost never leads to glory anyway which just adds to the stupidity of it all.

There is no glory left available in Tribes. There hasn't been for years and years.

It's not their fault of course, they're amazing in their minds.

With all due respect, without a ladder or competitive bearing, pretty much every player you will meet will be "amazing in their mind."

If Midair is as good as Fufu and Opsayo say, many egos will be shattered and I predict a mass down-playing of failure on the forum.

there_can_be_only_one_highlander.gif

i dont understand how u canot embrace lt pu

lt pub is just mindless, sure its fun, but not for more than a map, if that.

lt pu is what tribe is about

but its not like there was some kind of tribes inheritance that andrew or nonreg got from their parents

we all had the same opportunities to influence the community and put work in and host servers and rally people behind us

andrew was a relative latecomer to tribes compared to the true early OGL days of dev teams and ZULU and KOL and shit like that, he had no more of a headstart or a monopoly on servers or influence than anyone could have had if they'd put in the effort

Note date feb 03 2004
%unzip -v t1_localsound*.zip
Archive: t1_localsound_patch.zip
Length Method Size Ratio Date Time CRC-32 Name
-------- ------ ------- ----- ---- ---- ------ ----
49152 Defl:N 20219 59% 02-03-04 16:56 96ec9844 t1_localsound_patch.exe
1674 Defl:N 829 51% 02-03-04 17:23 6659a7a6 t1_localsound_patch.txt
-------- ------- --- -------
50826 21048 59% 2 files

at the top of the t1_localsound_patch.txt file:

t1 localsound patch v0.1.BETA by Andrew, idea by Slitz

and at the bottom:
Credits:
- Idea by Slitz
- Much thanks to Dynamix for unselfishly releasing
the source to a 5 year old game.

If I'm reading you correctly dare, your pov makes me wonder why you are against permiff on flag. And did you like the waypoint system in t2? These things make the game much easier for the avg triber.

It's not that I'm against them I'd just rather play without them because it gives the game more depth. But if I'm forced to play a dumbed down game that is one of the less detracting things that can be done compared to timed respawns, cod machine guns, rocket launchers, floaty physics, etc

It's like these spergs that say the t2 cg is too powerful and t1 is not as powerful because it has a built in spread.

These people have not played t1 with ppl that actually had good computers post 2004 and could cg ppl literally across the map through the fog line.

I'd rather have a t1 cg that I can pulse than a t2 cg which does more damage but requires a lot less aim and cant be aimed very accurately over long long distances.

It's like fire saying he likes this Midair game.

Fact is its been 3 years now and Fire still sucks at t1 chasing. He also is vocally a fan of smooth terrain all maps should be like Hildrebrand. I hate that shit, I want bumpy jagged terrain I have to navigate just right to get a good ski. I want to be able to run up the walls on a dx base to break the fog line.

There are many things that make t1 that little more nuanced than the other games and I think taking those things away will just make for a very stale game over time.

So while I could accept people using perma iffs or whatever against me unless I was playing comp or finding it really hard to compete vs people using it I probably wouldn't want to switch to it and I'd just play handicapped or whatever because it'd be more fun to me.

because bugs being one of the few people here that has a higher than average reading comprehension and being a nice old man that hasn't completely become jaded has the good faith still that people can infer what he's communicating when he copy and pastes code credits that show andrew had the t1 source code since at least early 2004 without having to spell it out more blatantly

i dont understand how u canot embrace lt pu

lt pub is just mindless, sure its fun, but not for more than a map, if that.

lt pu is what tribe is about

the pubs are not mindless fun so much as you have to carry people that are worse than you, theres a bit more of a random element, but you're still doing the same things as you would in a pu generally other than maybe home d

and in that regard its really not that different than your average pu that isn't all a+ players

im pretty sure stork thinks this as well

if you cant enjoy playing a pub or havent learned how to win a pub you probably wont be able to do it in a pu either

Note date feb 03 2004
%unzip -v t1_localsound*.zip
Archive: t1_localsound_patch.zip
Length Method Size Ratio Date Time CRC-32 Name
-------- ------ ------- ----- ---- ---- ------ ----
49152 Defl:N 20219 59% 02-03-04 16:56 96ec9844 t1_localsound_patch.exe
1674 Defl:N 829 51% 02-03-04 17:23 6659a7a6 t1_localsound_patch.txt
-------- ------- --- -------
50826 21048 59% 2 files

at the top of the t1_localsound_patch.txt file:

t1 localsound patch v0.1.BETA by Andrew, idea by Slitz

and at the bottom:
Credits:
- Idea by Slitz
- Much thanks to Dynamix for unselfishly releasing
the source to a 5 year old game.

i am idiot obv but what is value of T1NetLayer and T1Connection that andrew chose to obstain from sharing?

Back