[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

Cockroaches.

Deep state? 78 Obama appointees 'burrowed' in gov't, report says | Fox News

By the time Barack Obama's presidency ended in January 2017, 78 of his political appointees had "burrowed" into government jobs over the course of six years, a report says.

The report from the Government Accountability Office was obtained by the Washington Times.

"Burrowing" refers to a process in which political appointees are appointed to career-level jobs to protect them from being ousted once a new administration takes over.

Of the 78 such appointees identified in the GAO report, seven had switched to career jobs without first receiving necessary approval from the Office of Personnel Management, the report says. Four were later denied the positions and three later resigned.

The department with the highest number of conversions was the Department of Homeland Security, with nine appointees burrowing in. The Department of Justice was second with eight conversions.

The process of burrowing is not an uncommon for administrations on the way out. President George W. Bush had at least 26 conversions approved in his final year in office.

Obama was warned in his final year against assigning political appointees to career jobs and was asked by Republicans to implement a hiring freeze to avoid keeping workers who opposed President Donald Trump's policies.

“Not only is ‘burrowing in’ unfair to applicants without an inside connection, it further contributes to the possibility that federal workers may attempt to undermine the policies of the new president,” Sens. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., and Ron Johnson, R-Wis., wrote to Obama, McClatchyDC reported.

You are going to see the left bailing off this bandwagon

Puerto Rican CEO: Local government 'corrupt' and 'totally inexperienced' in Maria cleanup | Fox News

“For instance, shortly after the hurricane hit, the government imposed a curfew from 6 pm to 6 am and then changed it,” Rodriguez said. “Now, it’s 7 pm to 5 am, and makes no sense. The curfew has prevented fuel trucks from transporting their loads.

“These trucks should have been allowed to run for 24 hours to address our needs, but they have been stalled, and so we have massive lines at gas stations and severe shortages of diesel at our hospitals and supermarkets.”

“I’m really tired of Puerto Rican government officials blaming the federal government for their woes and for not acting fast enough to help people on the island,” he said. “Last week I had three federal agents in my office and I was so embarrassed; I went out of my way to apologize to them for the attitude of my government and what they have been saying about the U.S. response.”

The business leader said FEMA experts were present in no uncertain terms when Hurricane Maria hit the island.

“I was really proud of their quick response,” he added. “The first responders and FEMA have all been outstanding in this crisis, and should be supported.”

Rodriguez also had a word of caution for the U.S. Congress: “Watch out what relief funds you approve and let our local government handle. Don’t let the Puerto Rican government play the victim and fool you. They have no clue what they are doing, and I worry that they will mishandle anything that comes their way.”

“They don’t need another aircraft carrier. They need experienced people to run a proper disaster command center.”

Wonder why we didn't hear about this? Prob cause of football

Congress fails to extend bill providing health care for 9M kids - NY Daily News

Nine million kids are on the verge of being uninsured after Congress failed to extend a Clinton-era bill that helps children in middle-class families obtain affordable health care.

Congress missed the deadline to review the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) on Saturday, putting several states in jeopardy of losing money when the program expires.

Arizona, Minnesota, North Carolina and Washington, D.C. are at risk of running out of CHIP money at the end of December, as well as dozens of other states by June 2018, according to a July government report.

CHIP cost the federal government $13.6 billion in 2016. The program’s benefits vary in each state, but it offers routine checkups, immunizations, doctor visits, prescriptions and other services.

World MAGA

Austria’s ‘Burqa Ban’ law comes into force - The Washington Post
VIENNA — A law that forbids any kind of full-face covering, including Islamic veils such as the niqab or burqa, has come into force in Austria.

Starting Sunday, wearing a ski mask off the slopes, a surgical mask outside hospitals and party masks in public is prohibited.

The law, popularly known as the “Burqa Ban,” is mostly seen as a directed at the dress worn by some ultra-conservative Muslim women.

Violations carry a possible fine of 150 euros (nearly $180.) Police are authorized to use force if people resist showing their faces.

Okay to beat the shit out of them :rofl:

Beekeepers are going to be hella mad u know

47633.JPG

glad she's not president

Back