blackout open beta by blackpeople - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page blackout open beta
Page 2 of 2
Thread Tools
Dutch
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 09-16-2018, 05:30
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
Played some tonight. First FPS experience in a very long time.

Weird controls. Not a big fan of having 20 movement keybinds.

Loot is ****ty at best. Sometimes I'll clear several buildings in a row, kill two or three people, and still have a shotgun and SMG with one attachment, or no SMG at all. I don't know if they quick-patched the drops or what, but I've yet to see a rifle or longer-range weapon.

Too many little **** things on the floor everywhere. My god. Just give us 2-3 healthkits or whatever with one pickup. Why do I have to spam it three times? It's stupid. I can't really distinguish between different grenades and **** on the ground without being RIGHT on them. It's all a blur at a distance. In fact the entire game looks a bit hazy/blurry.

Not sure if I want to get this game. Haven't bought an FPS game in a very long time, but this one seems really painful unless you are playing with a competent teammate.

p.s. Watercooled system 1080Ti/7700k, getting around 40-90fps, medium/high settings, ton of **** turned off (like motion blur, etc.).
its because you just suck dude
 
Dutch is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Veniggs
VeteranX
Old
22 - 09-16-2018, 11:49
Reply With Quote
compared to pubg, this is way better. better gunplay, it's not clunky as ****, forced 1st person mode, interesting pickups

however, like pubg, i think it's pretty shallow and not worth 60 bux
 
Veniggs is offline
 
Got Haggis?
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 09-16-2018, 12:22
Reply With Quote
btw, there are sniper rifles, however there is a game mode (that i think is now selected by default?) called close quarters - where there are no long range weapons.
 
Got Haggis? is offline
 
Validuz
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
24 - 09-16-2018, 12:46
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
btw, there are sniper rifles, however there is a game mode (that i think is now selected by default?) called close quarters - where there are no long range weapons.
Ohhh, that makes sense, the interface is pretty ****astic when you start the game up. I never noticed I was clicking one of those huge buttons that actually affected something.

The inv icons are trash too. Too small/monochromatic. Really bad interface design across the board in fact. This game reminds me of why I wanted to do that many years ago in games.

How long is that intro video that you can't skip? Are they for real with that ****?
 
Validuz is offline
 
blackpeople
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
25 - 09-16-2018, 14:10
Reply With Quote
game is pretty awesome and it's beta

reeeee for me validuz
 
blackpeople is offline
 
Validuz
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
26 - 09-17-2018, 19:38
Reply With Quote
Anyone claiming a beta with crashing problems and server disconnect issues is "awesome" is clearly someone to be ignored, not that it wasn't clear before. You sound like a fag fanboy.

To all non-retard gamers here, be warned that it's console-lite. The aiming is fine and there are plenty of control options for that, but there are significant downsides, like **** UI/keybinds. For example, there are three health kits: first aid (25), med kit (50), and trauma kit (200?). You can only have one active at any time to be used by keybind. So if when you have multiple of these, and you will, you may only want to use a FA, but instead, your med kit is "selected." Tough. You need to open your inventory up and equip it. Any gamer that understand fast gameplay realizes how stupid this is, and the clear answer as to why they would idiotically design it like this, is simple: it's primarily a console game.

Any game company worth piss making a game for PC would give you either two keybinds (highest heal first and lowest), or simply give you three keybind OPTIONS that you can choose from.

Oh, and there's a number for your health in the corner of the screen. Welcome to the 90's.
 
Validuz is offline
 
Last edited by Validuz; 09-17-2018 at 19:44..
blackpeople
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 09-17-2018, 19:39
Reply With Quote
reeeee
 
blackpeople is offline
 
uno
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 09-17-2018, 23:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
reeeee
I don't get it... I really like the game, but he's not wrong. Why troll?
 
uno is offline
 
blackpeople
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
29 - 09-18-2018, 00:45
Reply With Quote
because its a beta and im sure the looting and inventory system will be worked out

reeeee
 
blackpeople is offline
 
naptown
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 09-18-2018, 02:02
Reply With Quote
how do i get in on this
 
naptown is offline
 
Validuz
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
31 - 09-18-2018, 02:26
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
how do i get in on this
It was only for 2 days over the weekend.

Unless they change their mind, you won't be able to play again until it's out in early/mid October.
 
Validuz is offline
 
Validuz
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
32 - 09-18-2018, 02:27
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
because its a beta and im sure the looting and inventory system will be worked out
I'm doubtful.

Idiotic design is not normally a "beta" problem, but a game designer one.
 
Validuz is offline
 
blackpeople
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
33 - 09-18-2018, 03:06
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
how do i get in on this
wait 3 weeks
 
blackpeople is offline
 
uno
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 09-18-2018, 08:56
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
because its a beta and im sure the looting and inventory system will be worked out

reeeee
I bet you are wrong.
 
uno is offline
 
Got Haggis?
VeteranXV
Old
35 - 09-18-2018, 17:57
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Armor

Armor’s role in Blackout is inherently unique compared to its role in MP. You only live once in Blackout, and you’re rewarded for scavenging in areas that often put you in perilous positions, especially as the Collapse gets smaller in the late game. For this and other reasons, we’ve been cautious about making sweeping changes to the way Armor works, though we’ve made some tweaks during the Beta and continue to evaluate how Armor will work at launch.

Every Item in the game, from Armor to Weapons to Perks, is constantly re-evaluated to ensure they fit in the correct place in the game’s meta. You can expect Armor to be tuned multiple times as the game, and the gameplay content, evolves over time.

Some changes to Armor since the start of the Beta include:
  • Spawn frequency of Level 3 Armor has been reduced by 75% compared to its initial spawn rate in the Beta.
  • Level 3 Armor will now most frequently be found in Stashes and Supply Drops, though it may occasionally spawn in the world.
  • Level 3 Armor now breaks sooner and passes more damage to the player wearing it, and still offers headshot and other types of damage mitigation. We’ve heard your concerns that Level 3 Armor was still perhaps too powerful by the end of the Beta, and will be evaluating the data to see what other tweaks may be required.
  • Level 2 Armor was also minorly adjusted during the Beta and will potentially be tweaked further in time for launch.
  • Players will see an indicator of the condition of their own Armor, and those of their teammates, in the HUD. This provides a more granular indicator of the damage that your Armor has taken beyond the Armor icon and will let you know if it’s time to seek out a replacement.


Audio Adjustments

We saw several reports of footsteps sounding louder or quieter than expected, and not always being able to tell the direction enemies were coming from. Others reported an uneven balance of footstep volume between teammates and enemies. We’re on it.
Improvements to how audio will work at launch include:
  • Sounds will be properly impacted by walls, floors, ceilings, and other objects in the world. This means enemies directly above or below the player should no longer sound louder than expected.
  • The volume of the cargo plane, punching, game countdown timers, and everything else you’ve brought to our attention (and many things you have not) will be reviewed in-depth as part of that process. The game has not yet had its final audio mix.
  • Teammates’ footsteps will be quieter compared to enemy footsteps.
  • The Awareness Perk will further reduce the loudness of the footsteps of your teammates.
  • All audio presets will be available at launch in the Options menu. Audio presets can make a big difference, and we offer many choices for those who play with headphones or surround sound.

Inventory & Item Management

On the first day of the Beta, the community almost unanimously asked for faster Item pickups. As a result, we made pickup speed as fast as possible while still protecting players from accidentally picking up an Item when attempting to reload.

Console players have asked for an option in Settings to allow them to tap a button to instantly pick up an Item. We like this idea a lot, and want to be sure we get it right and test it thoroughly.

The Quick Equip menu can be fantastic for making Inventory adjustments quickly, but could also get in the way of picking up Items, opening doors, or entering vehicles. We adjusted the Quick Equip menu so it automatically closes after a few seconds with no interactions. We are also looking into the feasibility of closing the Quick Equip menu if the player performs other actions such as firing a weapon, changing stance, starting a Sprint, etc.

We’ve already improved the proximity and height at which you can interact with Items on the ground so you don’t have to look down at that Item so precisely. It’s being tested now and is very likely to be in when the game comes out.

Last but not least, we are creating designs for other “quality of life” improvements to these very important game systems including, but not limited to:
  • Evaluating options to improve the Stash interface when looting enemies and containers on console.
  • Adding a new method to allow you to quickly remove all Attachments from a weapon.

    Incorporating a way to swap Attachments between Weapons, if both Weapons support the
  • same attachment.
Blackout Beta Recap : Blackops4
 
Got Haggis? is offline
 
Last edited by Got Haggis?; 09-18-2018 at 18:01..
uno
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 09-18-2018, 18:45
Reply With Quote
and no mention of simply adding a bind option.
 
uno is offline
 
Page 2 of 2
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page blackout open beta

Social Website Bullshit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:08.