Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2
Page 9 of 56
kloa
VeteranXV
Old
161 - 01-26-2010, 14:07
Scanning planets is a ***** no doubt.

Also, what happened to all the stats, armors, and weapons? Whenever I have a choice between different weapons, there's no real way to compare them like the first game. All I had to do was look for the armor with the most shield or weapon with the most damage. Wtf?

Sponsored Links
Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
162 - 01-26-2010, 14:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNansen View Post
We actually did some statistics gathering, and something like 40% of players quit playing not long after reaching the Citadel on ME1. Nearly 100% that got past it, though, played until the end.

So we worked hard to even those numbers out. According to playtests the beginning of ME2 is doing a much better job of keeping the players interested this time around.
that's funny..thats exactly where I quit ME1. I guess I'll need to go back and finish it before I pick up ME2

Golazo
Old
163 - 01-26-2010, 14:17
theres like 4 central plot missions...total

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
164 - 01-26-2010, 14:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kloa View Post
Scanning planets is a ***** no doubt.

Also, what happened to all the stats, armors, and weapons? Whenever I have a choice between different weapons, there's no real way to compare them like the first game. All I had to do was look for the armor with the most shield or weapon with the most damage. Wtf?
I hate the new armor and weapon ****. They don't list the capacity of the weapon when you go to pick the loadout and only find out during them middle of a battle. I wish there was a test rage on the ship where you can try out weapons. Even a simulator would be fine similar to the advanced combat training in the private terminal.

I don't like the new Citadel. The layout of it makes it feel very confined considering it's on a massive structure.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
165 - 01-26-2010, 14:40
I upgraded the sniper rifle instead of my assult rifle during the mission on that dead collector ship, at first i was like, gay it has a total of 12 bullets and have to reload after every shot. Then I one shot some mob with full hp + shield and understood why

Fox k
Veteran++
Old
166 - 01-26-2010, 14:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Hard!!{SDB} View Post
I upgraded the sniper rifle instead of my assult rifle during the mission on that dead collector ship, at first i was like, gay it has a total of 12 bullets and have to reload after every shot. Then I one shot some mob with full hp + shield and understood why
The assault riffle sucks ass.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
167 - 01-26-2010, 14:43
What does that assault rifle upgrade do anyway?

NAT Mav
TW Racing++
Old
168 - 01-26-2010, 14:50
Saw a commercial for it. Thought it looked pretty cool so I'm DLing both now.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
169 - 01-26-2010, 14:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Hard!!{SDB} View Post
I did that too and wish I had taken the assault rifle upgrade instead. I loved the semi-automatic sniper rifle before (but haven't gone back). I find the second level assault rifle runs out of ammo too often unless you're actively looking for ammo drops.

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
170 - 01-26-2010, 14:58
Sounds like the switched up the way the weapons work in this new one? Not sure I am liking how this all sounds....

Ordos
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 01-26-2010, 15:35
I didn't realize decrypting the Mass Effect 2 files by Steam would be taking 30 minutes so far.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
172 - 01-26-2010, 15:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsack View Post
Sounds like the switched up the way the weapons work in this new one? Not sure I am liking how this all sounds....
The weapons are fine, they are just very limited by "ammo", you gotta use different weapons to not run out because the way ammo (coolant) works.

You get one "clip" of "ammo" for each weapon you have when you pick up one coolant. So if you fired three clips of assault rifle and picked up one coolant you get one assault rifle clip. If you fired one clip of assault rifle, one clip of pistol and one clip of sniper and pick up one coolant, you get one clip for each gun.

Lamb
VeteranX
Old
173 - 01-26-2010, 15:42
only bug ive had is voices getting distorted during combat (and not just when i slow down time). besides that, i just hate the ****ing planet scanning; the scanner should be way ****ing bigger so it takes less than 15 secs to scan an entire planet.

i'm addicted to the game right now, i've played about 15 hours worth since sunday. i'll have **** all to do after im done with it :/

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
174 - 01-26-2010, 16:16
the only crash i've seen is when messing around with my skillbar, especially if you change your advanced training after having the first already on the bar. for instance i went from ap ammo -> fortification but AP ammo stayed on my bar. when i tried clicking on it the game was like wtf crash so i couldn't take it off
i just dragged a normal skill over it to overwrite and that seemed to work around it

only sound missing i've seen was on thane's personal mission
Spoiler

awesome game overall though. pirated it so i could play it early but didn't cancel my preorder because it was def worth paying for. plus now i get blood armor and inferno armor yay

also like the characters in this one a lot better than in ME1. without spoiling those that live in the sci lab, ai core and life support room are my favorites.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
175 - 01-26-2010, 16:22
Mordin's awesome

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
176 - 01-26-2010, 16:31
Well, my copy arrived from Amazon today but it seems that EA's authentication servers can't handle the load so I can't login to access any of my DLC content at the moment. I don't know why these companies don't prepare better for this type of stuff. They already had this system in place for Dragon Age, you would think they'd have the kinks worked out by now.

Last edited by Curious_George; 01-26-2010 at 16:33..
Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
177 - 01-26-2010, 16:34
dragon age dlc server stuff also failed at launch

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
178 - 01-26-2010, 16:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
only bug ive had is voices getting distorted during combat (and not just when i slow down time). besides that, i just hate the ****ing planet scanning; the scanner should be way ****ing bigger so it takes less than 15 secs to scan an entire planet.

i'm addicted to the game right now, i've played about 15 hours worth since sunday. i'll have **** all to do after im done with it :/
im so glad my mouse has one of those DPI settings or whatever...a couple clicks and bamm my scanner is faster

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
179 - 01-26-2010, 16:52
having a faster mouse doesn't really help, if you are going too fast you can easily miss the rich nodes.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
180 - 01-26-2010, 16:56
i scan around till it moves a little then i hone into where its going faster.... sure i might take a small chance of missing some richer node cause i make my mouse faster but FFS its WELL worth that risk to not go so slow in that ****.

Page 9 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
sl83 , yarr matey i banged katie