BugsPray is a huge ******

Sponsored Links
BugsPray
VeteranXV
Old
142 - 05-11-2008, 20:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jislan View Post
Hay guys! My name is Jislan braw braw braw listen to me and your game will be amaaaaaaazing!

Jislan
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
143 - 05-11-2008, 20:57
I never offered a company any kind of input towards their games.

It's not like I hang out with them and try to slob their knobs or anything:

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503053
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsPray View Post
So Enigma and I harassed the Garage Games booth multiple times about Legions. The first time, we talked to <undisclosed name>. Of course, we all know <undisclosed name> to be the guy who teased the collective TW cock with some leaked videos and comments about Legions. The mystery excited everyone, but was soon brought to a halt by an official announcement that Legions was just meant to be a tech demo and maybe an FPS starter kit. After that they claimed it was going to be released as a community project, but that never happened. Anyways, <undisclosed name> told us that GG had recently created a branch specifically for developing games. Furthermore, he invited Enigma and myself to his hotel room after he was done for the day to check out some artwork he said we'd be interested in. Before we left, he mentioned that there might be "something of interest" released as early as this fall, and as late as December.

We left and did some things, and when we came back, we couldn't find him anywhere. Fortunately, Ben Garney was there along with a couple others, and they were more than happy to withhold information from us. Through a mix of pushing Blockland and fancy language, they confirmed that there indeed was a new game development division of GG and that they were indeed working on something that "looks like Tribes."

Oh, by the way, I asked them about the T1 master server. They said the talks were going good, and one of the head marketing guys for VUG was all for it, but at the end, one of VUG's lawyers got in the way and stopped the process. It doesn't look like GG is going to get the redirect for the master server.

Other than that, we shot the **** and reminisced about old times and TW. The GG guys are actually pretty funny. PAX was a lot of fun overall, and I'm glad to finally put some real life touch and feel to the names and pictures of the GG fellows. My conclusions about Legions may be entirely wrong, but after talking with GG, I'm pretty convinced that something tribes-like will be coming out of their new game development division.

Cliffs:
-Went to PAX
-Saw some ****
-Won some ****
-Met with Enigma/GarageGames and shot the ****
-<undisclosed name> from GG wanted to show me some art I'd be interested in, but disappeared
-GG has a new game development division
-Ben Garney says there's something that "looks like Tribes" being developed
-<undisclosed name> says something of interest might be released as early as fall or as late as December
-GG isn't getting getting the master server redirect because of VUG's gay lawyer

Edit: Ben Garney, not Dansey
way to be a fanboi and defender of freedom for the poor unreleased products of the world

BugsPray
VeteranXV
Old
144 - 05-11-2008, 21:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jislan View Post
I never offered a company any kind of input towards their games.

It's not like I hang out with them and try to slob their knobs or anything:

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503053

bugs is bff with garage games which is why he's such a fanboi of unreleased doomed products
I like to play video games. I happen to like Legions, just as I liked T1 and T2. At least I bring new information to the table instead of referencing some random dude's "Why I'm not Playing T2" rant as proof of why Legions will suck:

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524797

At least JoMo and I can get over the fact that we disagree on some ****. You're beating your head into everything/one you disagree with.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
145 - 05-11-2008, 21:12
Quote:
At least JoMo and I can get over the fact that we disagree on some ****. You're beating your head into everything/one you disagree with.
I'm just honest. I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

CxD
VeteranXX
Old
146 - 05-11-2008, 21:33
any mirrors to HD version. the link is borked

cael
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 05-11-2008, 21:40
Blazindave heading this up?

cael
VeteranXX
Old
148 - 05-11-2008, 21:41
I thought the name was gonna be Crybes.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
149 - 05-11-2008, 21:49
we can call it Tribesis

and rise suspiciously rhymes with tribes :hmm:

TheRedDread
VeteranX
Old
150 - 05-11-2008, 21:58
Bugs, I personally enjoy your posts, er i mean I enjoy your signature.

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
151 - 05-11-2008, 22:16
Considering this mod won't be completed, go ahead and jizz your hearts out.

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
152 - 05-11-2008, 22:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetar View Post
Looks nice. Too bad you need a beast of a computer to run crysis and there is no MP community.
Who gives a ****? The graphics are insane and the game looks badass. THIS IS WHAT TRIBES 3 should have been. I would gladly upgrade to a beast of a PC for that.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
153 - 05-11-2008, 22:35
doesn't look like skiing to me in the video. looks like turned up run speed + maybe low gravity.

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
154 - 05-11-2008, 22:36
Come on are you kidding me? That's skiing if I've ever seen it.

I really hope this thing comes around full circle, and I don't see why it can't. They're modding, which makes things a **** ton easier, so the probability of success is pretty high I would say, compared to say that Legends game they tried to make with the Torque engine.

Dweezle
VeteranX
Old
155 - 05-11-2008, 22:37
Too bad TW hates everything tribes related except for the first tribes

mrcheesy
VeteranXX
Old
156 - 05-11-2008, 22:38
looks fun

John the Jammer
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 05-11-2008, 22:47
cool beans

Kelster
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
158 - 05-11-2008, 22:49
Hey good lookin!

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
159 - 05-11-2008, 22:57
look at that? a discussion for a TRIBES mod in its infant stages with almost no negative feedback on tribalwar.

i don't think this community has a problem embracing tribes games, it just seems that way because every attempt since tribes 1 has resulted in ****.

i didn't catch the disk shot towards the end of the video on my first pass and just saw it now, that looks SWEET. the skiing seems pretty natural and tribes 1ish too to be honest.

Skiing through the beautiful crysis terrain will kick major ass. Maybe they can add some nice foliage to make it more awesome, unlike the ****ty tress in tribes 2 lawl :]

Jislan
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
160 - 05-11-2008, 23:00
Quote:
I like to play video games. I happen to like Legions, just as I liked T1 and T2. At least I bring new information to the table instead of referencing some random dude's "Why I'm not Playing T2" rant as proof of why Legions will suck
Legions will suck, if anything the fact that a mod made by a bunch of amateurs (I'm assuming) looks more promising than a game being made by professionals can attest to that. Whether it will come to fruition or not is not the point, because a realized turd is still a turd.

Page 8 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Crysis Tribes mod: Rise

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
crysis , mod , rise , tribes