Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII by groove - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII
Page 2 of 7
bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 03-22-2019, 14:42
Another installment I have uploaded alienWorld, desertWorld, iceWorld, lushWorld, marsWorld, and mudWorld volumes for both 1.40 and 1.1998/x64 to the upscaled folder shown in my previous post.

the planet/sun images are the originals and not upscaled. since these images are fuzzy and more analog the upscaler is not able to do a good job upscaling them. see 00readme.txt in the upscaled folder.

the final piece (Entities.vol) will come soon. Unfortunately the explosions, projectiles, and damage textures also appear to be analog-y and don't upscale well. Fortunately the more digital stuff looks really good upscaled and makes up for that.

remember that on 1.40 you will need emjay's hrfix + hrfixfix to properly scale interior textures.

Last edited by bugs_; 01-20-2023 at 17:51..
Sponsored Links
bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 03-22-2019, 18:17
I have uploaded the last piece (for now) Entities.vol and Entities.140 into the upscaled folder mentioned in an earlier post. see 00readme.txt in the upscaled folder for specifics.

the analogy images in Entities are the originals since they don't look good upscaled.

here are some examples of good stuff:

Last edited by bugs_; 01-20-2023 at 17:52..
groove
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 03-22-2019, 20:14
ya i had 2 do entities selectively cause it does crazy stuff with the explosions etc

ty 4 posting

i messed with it 4 a bit and then the trial expired, but it was very cool

vamp
Veteran++
Old
24 - 03-22-2019, 20:16
some ****ing magic going on here

Lets Enhance - YouTube

S_hift
VeteranX
Old
25 - 03-24-2019, 16:13
hey bugs would you be able to run those terrains on 1.40 anyway?

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 03-25-2019, 10:37
Yes I've uploaded two copies of each volume - you would grab the volumes with the .140 extension, rename them to .zip extension, and copy them into your 1.4x base folder. in 1.40 you have to handle the interior textures with emay's hrfix+hrfixfix otherwise they aren't scaled correctly.

If you were running unhelpful's 64 bit tribes you would grab the volumes with the .vol extension and copy them into your 1.1998 base folder.

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 04-24-2019, 13:26
some additional comments on the AI textures and skins:

I found that the total uncompressed size of the data was nearly 2GB which is close to the available memory limit for data in a 32 bit system.

1.40 does garbage collection between maps so it won't hit the limit.

if you try to use these with 1.11 and hudbot you may see client crashes if you go to a 4 team map which would bring in all the children of the phoenix and starwolf stuff

when we began to play with 2048x2048 textures we immediately ran into a problem in x64 tribes - the volume and zip reader code only supports reading files no larger than 2GB. when we use 2048 lushDML.zip it rolls over the 2GB limit and is almost 3GB in size. x64 and 1.40 both bomb when we try to do this. unhelpful is currently trying to fix this limitation in x64.

keep this in the back of your mind if you use the vt tool with volumes - the volume can't be bigger than 2GB.

After playing tribes with the AI textures and skins for a month or so I am totally used to it now and we joke that "this is the way tribes always looked". It is annoying to go back to the default graphics now!

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 04-24-2019, 22:48
Magic!

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 04-25-2019, 17:32
Take that, Hirez!

groove
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 04-25-2019, 19:40
Tribes1 GigaPixel AI upscale comparison

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 04-25-2019, 23:28
This is goddamn magical!

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 07-25-2019, 00:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs_ View Post
First installment - the 128 -> 512 DML volumes. These are actually zip files even though they are named vol. For 1.40 just rename them to zip and put them in (i guess) the base folder. For 1.1998/x64 users put them in the base folder with the .vol extension.

These 512's look better to me than the 512's we've all been using for years.

Download link:

http://ns3.pu.net/upscaled/

next up will be the world volumes (alienWorld, lushWorld, etc) after a little bit of work to resolve incompability between 1.1998 and 1.40.

then Entities stuff which is really mind blowing when you compare old vs new.
Links seem to be down.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 01-20-2023 at 23:10..
bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 07-28-2019, 13:14
Link back up, I moved my server into the amazon cloud.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
34 - 07-28-2019, 15:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs_ View Post
Link back up, I moved my server into the amazon cloud.
Quote:
403 Forbidden
The requested URL '/gigapixel/for-1.1998-x64/Entities.vol' resolves to a file which is marked executable but is not a CGI file; retrieving it is forbidden.
edit

Last edited by lemon; 01-23-2023 at 11:26..
bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
35 - 07-28-2019, 15:25
fixed - sorry about that

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 08-01-2019, 17:15
No problem, and thanks for the update and all the hard work!

groove
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 08-02-2019, 18:39
ya big thanks to bugs_ u ar a legend sir

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 08-06-2019, 17:09
Exodus approves.

BaseEncrypt
Veteran++
Old
39 - 12-20-2019, 11:31
"You will also need to use mj's
hrfix + hrfixfix DLL and script file to properly display interior images." Links to these are dead now I found it in the TribesHDv2 config, but I still can't get these textures to load. Can you bake this into a simple 1.4 config?

groove
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 12-20-2019, 21:44
you'll need hrfixfix.dll in plugins and the associated script from /config/modules/ mjhires.acs.cs from crows hdv2
and pluginloader if u dont already have it (rasadhlp.dll)

mjhires.acs.cs may not (does not) have all the replacement definitions - ie - it's setup to replace whatever new files are in hdv2, not bugs' more complete set

so you may (will) need to expand the list to include all the files in bugs' .zip to make all his textures scale properly

i dont think anyone has done this - i kinda half did it but tbch it's probably more work me looking for it in all my t1 folders than u doing it urself

it should be relatively easy for anyone to add the missing definitions it doesn't really take knowledge of tribes just looking at filenames and pixel sizes and putting their dimensions into a text file

its just tedious i think thats why no one has done it

or no one understands or cares enough to ask

Page 2 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
gay lord sex , nigger holocaust