Windows Mobile apps? by Stealth - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Windows Mobile apps?
Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 06-14-2009, 19:57
How can I make my Windows Mobile 6 phone suck less without buying an iPhone or an Android?

Any good MP3 or GPS apps? Windows media player sucks balls.

I still have 7 months left on my ****ty contract. Thank you friends.

Sponsored Links
Technetium
tuffy
Old
2 - 06-14-2009, 20:09
PPCGeeks.com

what phone and carrier is it?

i've got my mogul 6800 with custom rom (nueRom) and it is the absolute ****...before it was a complete piece

gps works for free with sprint on google earth, and the windows mobile overall speed is super fast

Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 06-14-2009, 20:12
It's a Moto Q9H/AT&T. I don't have a touch screen, so I'm just looking for a good mp3 player mostly.

MassMedia
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 06-15-2009, 02:08
is there a bar code reader on WM?

DV
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 06-15-2009, 04:55
This is what I used for a long long ****ing time. (till my mogul finally went **** up on me last week.)

SPB software is pretty sweet once you get it setup right and running.

Spb Software for Windows Mobile (Pocket PC, Smartphone, PDA), Symbian, iPhone

Oh and you should be able to "buy" it about anywhere.

At the very least get Mobile Shell, it'll make your WinMo life easier. I used Mobile Shell and Phone Suite, and that was all I really needed to make WinMo not suck any more.

vawlk
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 06-15-2009, 10:16
microfi-nitrogen - Google Code

iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
7 - 06-15-2009, 11:20
ALL NEW TCPMP InvarTech1 HQHD YouTube Live TP DeskTop Version! WebTV 0371! {WVD 1.4}! - PPCGeeks

for your media playing needs. TCPMP is much better than WMP. also, i helped work on that particular compile of TCPMP so that it can stream high quality youtube properly. it should work even though that thread is in the touch pro forum.

DVADER
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 06-15-2009, 11:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNVAR View Post
ALL NEW TCPMP InvarTech1 HQHD YouTube Live TP DeskTop Version! WebTV 0371! {WVD 1.4}! - PPCGeeks

for your media playing needs. TCPMP is much better than WMP. also, i helped work on that particular compile of TCPMP so that it can stream high quality youtube properly. it should work even though that thread is in the touch pro forum.
btw, as for youtube, google has an app for WM.

iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
9 - 06-15-2009, 11:30
yes, but it's not quite as good IMHO. i've used it. it comes on my cooked ROM. for one thing, the youtube app doesn't allow you to login to your account to load up your favorites. if you do it the other way, you go vie PIE (Pocket IE), login to your account, and all your favorites are available to you. TCPMP is faster during playback. my phone actually can't keep up with the audio/video properly using the youtube player... it becomes desynced. TCPMP also has a lot more options, allowing you to zoom the video differently, rotate to portrait/canvas modes the way you want, and also a built in EQ. it'll also playback in stereo. i have no idea if the youtube player even does that. doing it my way, PIE will also allow you to actually save the FLV file to memory instead of just streaming it.

DVADER
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 06-15-2009, 12:19
Quote:
yes, but it's not quite as good IMHO. i've used it. it comes on my cooked ROM. for one thing, the youtube app doesn't allow you to login to your account to load up your favorites. if you do it the other way, you go vie PIE (Pocket IE), login to your account, and all your favorites are available to you. TCPMP is faster during playback. my phone actually can't keep up with the audio/video properly using the youtube player... it becomes desynced. TCPMP also has a lot more options, allowing you to zoom the video differently, rotate to portrait/canvas modes the way you want, and also a built in EQ. it'll also playback in stereo. i have no idea if the youtube player even does that. doing it my way, PIE will also allow you to actually save the FLV file to memory instead of just streaming it.
My problem with TCPMP was it didn't seem to work over verizon's connection. Either verizon uses a proxy of some sort it couldn't get through, or I was doing something wrong.

iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
11 - 06-15-2009, 12:19
you're doing something wrong because i'm using verizon. and so are a ton of other ppl

DVADER
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 06-15-2009, 12:21
Quote:
you're doing something wrong because i'm using verizon. and so are a ton of other ppl
Doesn't surprise me. I've only used it once since I put it on my phone though, so it's certainly not worth putting any more time into.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Windows Mobile apps?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis