Lord of the nerds

yeah in one of the books i was reading it says that he would over a long period of time regain his "spiritual presence" and eventually take a solid human form again

it was my nerdy understanding that sauron very likely cannot come back, but morgoth would likely return at "the end of the world"

unles maybe morgoth can pop a rez on sauron? like how much mana would it cost?

Last edited:
neither morgoth or sauron are 'dead' as such

their flesh was destroyed, but their spirits are still kicking

morgoth is chained up somewhere itching to come back but under constant guard, sauron has just lost his ability to be err 'girded in flesh' or something

neither morgoth or sauron are 'dead' as such

their flesh was destroyed, but their spirits are still kicking

morgoth is chained up somewhere itching to come back but under constant guard, sauron has just lost his ability to be err 'girded in flesh' or somdething

this.

there are a few more books i still have and want to read about middle earth and what not

I'm pretty sure saurman can't come back to do anything bad against middle earth. He could do that when the one ring was around (as his power was bound to it) but now that he has lost his mojo he can't keep on partying no matter how bad his hangover might be.

Last edited:
the greater part of sauron's power was tied to the one ring

he isnt technically dead but he cant assume a physical form and he's a shadow of his former self

he's no longer a threat

the greater part of sauron's power was tied to the one ring

he isnt technically dead but he cant assume a physical form and he's a shadow of his former self

he's no longer a threat

nej

he put a 'great' amount of his power into it, not the 'greater' part

but the ring was just an asshole, mirroring its creator

Gandalf had predicted what the destruction of the Ring would mean to Sauron: "If it is destroyed, then he will fall, and his fall will be so low that none can foresee his arising ever again. For he will lose the best part of the strength that was native to him in his beginning, and all that was made or begun with that power will crumble, and he will be maimed for ever, becoming a mere spirit of malice that gnaws itself in the shadows, but cannot again grow or take shape. And so a great evil of this world will be removed."

/begin NERDQUESTIONLOL

what I DONT GET is... why didnt that huge hawk (the one that saved gandalf that one time) just fly the pecks + ring straight toward the mountain of mordor to destroy said ring. legolas could ride along to pew pew any flying mobs. the movie (or book :shrug:) would be over in like 10 minutes lol.

/end NERDQUESTIONLOL

Because that would have been a shitty story? Or maybe the Nazgul would have intercepted the eagles and eated them.

That still doesn't answer the question, though. Why didn't he just off the jackass and say "UH, HE SLIPPED AND FELL INTO THE MAGMA, LOL. GUESS YOU GUYS NEED A NEW KING AGAIN."

Surely he knew what could happen.

And if he was only half elf, how could he live 3,000+ years?
Isn't Aragorn half elf too?
And doesn't whats-her-face get upset because she'll outlive him?

They weren't half-elves. They were just exceptionally hardy and long living humans.

Dúnedain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back