What has shaped your political leanings in life? by Mr Jimmy Pop - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What has shaped your political leanings in life?
Page 8 of 8
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
141 - 08-24-2018, 14:22
i don't get what is wrong with welfare state

i believe in personal responsibility

two things I have never seen put in the same post before now

*mind melded*

with thors hammer to the head

Sponsored Links
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
142 - 08-24-2018, 19:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotochop View Post
i dont get whats wrong with the modern welfare state at all

i believe in personal responsibility

i also dont think charity is enough and better taxes and regulations do help everyone
rofl

Dude I think your brain is swelling again get on the meds

rotochop
Old
143 - 08-24-2018, 20:14
you ppl realize you can have both right or is this too mystifying ?

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
144 - 08-24-2018, 20:15
Quote:
you ppl realize you can have both right or is this too mystifying ?
both meds and brain swelling?

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 08-24-2018, 20:18
wait i get it

are amram and jugernot on the same biker gang

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
146 - 08-24-2018, 20:43
Dutch rageposting

What a sad life

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 08-24-2018, 20:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6HEH23W_bM

Caden
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
148 - 08-25-2018, 00:38
Quote:
i dont get whats wrong with the modern welfare state at all

golden

rotochop
Old
149 - 08-25-2018, 00:57
ya norway seems to be doing pretty good tbh

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
150 - 08-25-2018, 01:34
comparing apples and bananas

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
151 - 08-25-2018, 03:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Father was an Army captain who earned double degrees from MIT, mother was from small town America. I was raised to believe in things like personal responsibility and self reliance. I was also brought up in the wealthiest county in the country, where the population was 95% democrat and I was not. Never identified as a Republican, my beliefs were always focused on the individual, liberty, and independence from government control. I never had any issues with gay marriage, drugs, or abortion, but the entitled and rich liberals around me made every effort to shame and silence my opinions anyway because I was the person asking "and how do you intend to pay for it?" on pretty much everything else. Because I didn't want a mob rule government telling me how to live my life, I was somehow labeled republican and therefore the enemy even though every sociopolitical test I've taken has placed me almost exactly on the crosshairs.

There's only so much rhetorical bull**** you can take, only so much virtue signalling, before you say enough. It made me pretty pessimistic. I don't believe that most people are good, I believe most people are selfish. When given the choice between bettering your life, or bettering someone else's at your expense, people will always choose the former. Generally speaking, a person will not give up a bonus to make sure all of their coworkers got one too. Most people are all talk and no action. The government is bloated red-tape that accomplishes almost nothing for astronomical sums of money. Liberals love to volunteer other people's money, and will almost universally demand more be spent on them than they are expected to spend on others.

You do you, I'll do me. Don't try to take my rights away and I won't try to take away yours. Don't demand I exclusively pay for something that only benefits you.
tldr my tax dolar

uno
VeteranXX
Old
152 - 08-25-2018, 14:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
f

stubbornness is the key here......it has shaped my world view entirely

I largely take on the opposite position of whatever I feel the normal flow is

whatever has become the status quo

I believe I do this because I enjoy Devils Advocacy.....and really hate being played for a lemming or a sheep. I would rather fall off my own cliff than be led off of one by someone else.

I experienced enough of this in public school, my home life, and college (in no particular order or emphasis). I have a general distrust for any official narratives because I know that there really shouldn't be such a thing.

Nobody dies in a war being the bad guy. Nobody enters an argument knowing they are wrong (errr.....well they shouldn't but that I am not so sure of anymore looking at MAGA thread)

You know what I mean by this........it applies to everything not just (((THIS)))

By the age of 9 I knew that half of what my parents and family told me was about trickery and deception in order to control me or get me to behave (Santa, to Tooth Fairy, to Catholicism, to drinking my milk and fluoride being good for me). But I wasn't mad because I knew what it was......what it was intended to do and they weren't malevolent just naive and lazy.

In public school I thought I was doing good things by blindly regurgitating what they told me to. That I got praise by jumping through their hoops and reciting the beliefs they told me to. By 6th grade I knew I was rehearsing lies and blatant propaganda. I remember the plays where I was forced to sing on stage about the Ozone lawyer and styrofoam cups. Where after that I quickly questioned why I needed to read what I was being told to read and was defiant to stand for mindless pledges or solutes. It turned me into what I can only describe as an atheist anarchist.

By HS I knew that the hippy liberal **** my Cali "distinguished" school was pumping down my throat was largely counter intuitive to my own needs and intellectual progression. I would just go to class to sleep and not get yelled at.

College was 100x worse......but it didn't take me long to see that Republicans were absolute scum but in another flavor. With different sponsorship. I only fell for voting for one of those people for President and knew better when it came to McCain or Romney. I was one and done at the age of 18.

For years I felt like both parties were largely the same, because they were the same with the exception to social conservative issues which didn't mean anything to me as a self professed libertarian. In fact I still feel that way for the two party system. This is why they both hate our current POTUS.

Then came this election. Where 100% of the media appears to be against Trump (minus Fox News) and where they never have anything positive to say unless he does something that reminds me of what Bush or Obama would have approved of.......Like striking Syria, imposing Sanctions, or some other largely awful open borders pro globalist policy implementation I never would have signed in on.

So, again, I have to ask what gives? Who is doing this and why?

Who is pushing so hard and for what reason. You follow the loudest voices and you follow the money.

Once you ask yourselves that......as opposed to just accepting what everyone on late night television screams at you, conditions you to feel, through some kind of group think psychological shaming experimentation....sponso red by end game consumerism and cronyism.

you really open up a new world where you realize you were always played a fool and you are even more in the dark than you ever could have imagined......everything might have been a lie and if it wasn't designed to be that way has become that way.

And now you know how I got to where I am today

where I used to protest for gay marriage rights, even though I wasn't gay, because I cared about liberty......everyone's liberty but where those people only use the liberty i give them to get protection status and turn everything i do into a hate crime.

where they care more about their gay cake than about my 1st or 2nd amendment rights......my civil rights

nobody cares about anything but their own end goals and conquests

and I honestly don't care about other people that much anymore....if at all

if i hurt your feelings good. hurting your feelings will hopefully get you to wallow on that and think

if not it will make you cry.......that too i am ok with

And that is how I became not just a boomer but a blowhard a millennial zoomer
This.

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
153 - 08-25-2018, 14:13
but tele is talking out is ass

devils advocate lol

uno
VeteranXX
Old
154 - 08-25-2018, 14:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

devils advocate lol

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
155 - 08-25-2018, 14:17
you know it too, step aside and shave your neck

uno
VeteranXX
Old
156 - 08-25-2018, 14:22
Quote:
you know it too, step aside and shave your neck
at least I only have one neck fatass ;]

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
157 - 08-25-2018, 14:27
Quote:

devils advocate lol
meanwhile dutch be like

in all threads every thread all night last night

oh what a life

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
158 - 08-25-2018, 14:42
What am I watching when does he get shot?

Page 8 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What has shaped your political leanings in life?

Social Website Bullshit