[Geetar] Halp!

outlaw

Veteran X
so... after spending a weekend at one of my good friend's houses and listening to him play guitar and then messing around with it myself i decided i wanna start learning... but i have no experience with any musical instrument prior to this (other than guitar hero el oh el)

so im hoping you awesome guys can send me off in the right direction :D

go to your local guitar store (or Guitar Center), go into their acoustic room, and sample them. each one will have its own charm. there is no particular brand i find better than another where acoustics are concerned. make sure the strings aren't too high off the fretboard, and that the strings don't buzz too much when they're played. after that, go with what's most comfortable and sounds best. you will pay $200+ for a "good" acoustic guitar, but you might find something for less that suits your needs for learning. you can go to best buy and get a learner guitar.

Whats your price range?

Cheapest: Shitty Yamaha/ETC Acoustics

Cheaper: Maybe a low level Ibanez Acoustic-Electric (200-350)

Middle: Takamine or Alvarez (500 - 800)

id like to keep it under 100

Most shops have something under $100 also most mom and pop shops should be able to get ahold of a guitar known as a J Reynolds acoustic JR60 is the model # its no taylor but most places will sell it for $99 or cheaper and it comes with a lifetime warranty. :shrug: its a huge seller for my store and I gain a lot of students due to it.

I would check craigslist in your area. A lot of people get rid of cheap guitars after they start playing and find out they suck :)

Back