[Official] Game of Thrones Season 2

Asshai is super far east I think, where the edge of the map would be.

The shaaaaadooooooowww, creeeeeepyyyyyy, when the fuck is anybody going to go there?

Ice-nature and fire-shadow. I think there are only two. If there are 4 it would be Ice, fire, shadow, and nature.

You kow, Martin really plays around with the plots and stuff almost as bad as Jordan did.

It's a book series, not reality theater.

Last edited:
Valyria is one of those places on the corner of the map. It's supposed to be mysterious and foreign, therefore you will never hear much about it.

Its mythos bears some resemblance to Atlantis and Crete, and the sea people. I think there is also an Irish or Galic legend about a sunken island/land in the North Sea.

The horn deal seems to come straight out of Moorcrock's Elric sagas, and I think he used a horn to wake the dragons for the last battle in the series.

There is not a lot of information coming out about Valyria. If all the free cities are colonies or legacies of it, it seems like there would be more info. There is some information in Arya's Braavos pov's. Dragonstone kind of resembles Leiber's Quarmall to me.

If there is a personification of Ice and Fire, it will be through the monsters that inhabit the series in a way kind of like the Titans of the Greek pantheon of gods. People over at the main site seem to spend all their time trying to figure out who is ice and who is fire, and don't get that what they are actually reading is the emerging seven aspects of the true god through characters in the series, just as they did in the age of heroes.

It is known.

It is known.

Last edited:
People over at the main site seem to spend all their time trying to figure out who is ice and who is fire, and don't get that what they are actually reading is the emerging seven aspects of the true god through characters in the series, just as they did in the age of heroes.

What the hell you cant just leave it at that

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE *click*

Valyria is NOT distant from Westeros.

It is actually west (closer to Westeros) of Slaver Bay (Mereen, Astapor, Yunkai, Ghis) and way closer than Qarth (which seems to be similar to the pillars of hercules in that it sits on the narrow pass where traffic passes to the far east and asshai.

There are several mentions of how traffic from Slaver's Bay to the west coast of Essos (the eastern continent) like Braavos, Pentos and Myr has to swing out to avoid the ruins of Valyria.

The reason that most of the nations of Valyria talk about the Valyrian roads is because it was sort of smack dab in the middle of the southern coast of the continent. Volantis to the west of it (and Myr, Pentos, etc. WAY west of even Volantis) and the cities of Slaver's Bay to the east of it.

Last edited:
ok, let's get back on track to what's going on this season. One of Dany's bloodriders' is murdered? That isn't in the fucking book. Fuck is up with that. It's not like her kahelesaar is any position to avenge that murder. I hate when they make up drama where there isn't any.

Two out of two handmaids agree:

Dragons were fed too much baked beans.

It is known.
It is known.

The dragon roads, wait no, THE DEMON ROADS.

So I'm more than half way through book 5. My theory on Valryia is that they were really advanced, controlled dragons and such. Then fucking bang, super fucking volcano erupts and fucks up everything.

Much like in yellowstone.

Valyria is underwater. When lord Rogy Lannister invents a dragon-powered submarine in the 28th book, you will get your first real look at it through his pov.

:lol: I've been watching through the Dr. Who seasons on netflix and discovered a familiar voice.

Jorah Mormont is a sergeant of some sort. Season 5, ep 4 and 5 of Dr. Who (2010)

He has a very distinctive voice

Valyria is NOT distant from Westeros.

It is actually west (closer to Westeros) of Slaver Bay (Mereen, Astapor, Yunkai, Ghis) and way closer than Qarth (which seems to be similar to the pillars of hercules in that it sits on the narrow pass where traffic passes to the far east and asshai.

There are several mentions of how traffic from Slaver's Bay to the west coast of Essos (the eastern continent) like Braavos, Pentos and Myr has to swing out to avoid the ruins of Valyria.

The reason that most of the nations of Valyria talk about the Valyrian roads is because it was sort of smack dab in the middle of the southern coast of the continent. Volantis to the west of it (and Myr, Pentos, etc. WAY west of even Volantis) and the cities of Slaver's Bay to the east of it.

Just check the map bro.

About book 4-5
 Map really helps by actually placing Yunkai, Mereen and Astapor for the Daenerys storyline 

ok, let's get back on track to what's going on this season. One of Dany's bloodriders' is murdered? That isn't in the fucking book. Fuck is up with that. It's not like her kahelesaar is any position to avenge that murder. I hate when they make up drama where there isn't any.

The actor had like a better gig waiting

so he dead

its not like generic bloodrider actually does anything other than add swarthy foreign-ness to danys story

Back