#feelthebern

my question was "who cut jobs?" not "what is a misrepresentation of what the CBO estimated about only a tangentially related topic?" if i had wanted the latter information, i could watch fox news. there wasn't any announcement of job cuts associated with the information released by the sanders campaign, so what the fuck is your source?

Higher minimum wage means restaurants raise prices and fewer employee hours, survey finds

Thanks To 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Service Kiosks Nationwide - Forbes

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fedrensi%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F07%2Fmcdonalds-1200x783.jpg

[url="https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/08/minimum-wage-doubling-pay-floor-15-would-raise-pay-up-27-m/1675373001/]"Raising minimum wage to $15 an hour would lift pay for up to 27M but leave 1.3M jobless[/url]

Overall, however, a $15 base wage would reduce total inflation-adjusted family income in 2025 by $9 billion, or 0.1%, the study says. And 1.3 million Americans would lose their jobs as employers pare back hiring or lay off workers to offset the higher labor costs.

New McDonald’s In Phoenix Run Entirely By Robots - News Examiner

“With the high demand for a minimum wage of $15/hr and the protests getting worse every day, this is something we had to implement. Plus with the tremendous margin of human error, poor hygiene, lack of education, laziness, as well as the recent advancements in artificial intelligence it just make sense to automate our restaurants now rather than later.”

Local Phoenix resident, 52-year-old Tom Downey, who has been unemployed for the last 3 years, was excited about the opening of a nearby McDonald’s until he heard about the robots.

“Now that they hire only robots, I don’t know what I can even do. I don’t have an education, a car, and now I’m not gonna even be able to get a burger job. Just the thought of having to go to the state unemployment office and stand in line with those scumbags!”

42-year-old Milton Waddams, an unemployed fast food worker, told reporters he is extremely disappointed by the decision to employ only robots instead of humans.
“The McDonald’s had my resume, I had already completed two job interviews there and they said I was scheduled to work once the new store opened and said they would return my phone call but they never called,” Waddams said. “I need a job I said, and I was told by Betty in HR that they have my resume on file, but they never called, and Sandra told me to talk to Bill, and then I hear of the robots instead of regular humans and that’s not what I asked for. And I need the job I told them, but there’s robots, so now I’m going to have to find another place of employment. And they were big giant robots, and I said no, no robots at McDonald’s. I could set the building on fire.”

Last edited:
uh oh, looks like the study that u cited has some controversy w the writer

Michael Reich - Wikipedia

looks like he was $$PAID$$

zomg such controversy

Emails Show Mayors Office and Berkeley Economist Coordinated Release of Favorable Minimum Wage Study | Seattle Weekly

"Notably, none of the emails provided to Seattle Weekly suggest that Reich, a respected economist in the wage field, manipulated data or his findings in order to make the minimum wage law look successful. Rather, the emails speak to how the findings of the report were communicated to the public—with an eye toward making the biggest splash possible with a national audience that’s been watching Seattle to see how its wage experiment is going.

and from the same article regarding the primary author of the UW study:

Supporters of the minimum-wage law have responded to this dynamic by highlighting Vigdor’s ties to conservative think tanks. Specifically, Vigdor is a former fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and currently a fellow at the Manhattan Institute, both of which tend toward free-market ideologies. Vigdor also wrote a blog post in 2014, shortly before moving to Seattle, entitled “The minimum wage is a lousy anti-poverty program.”

the entire reason of calling it "a living wage" is to indicate they need to make more money, not work less hours and make the exact same amount.

bernie, since 2016, has basically completely pulled off the mask and shown everyone he's just another virtue signalling politician.

time is fucking money and why would a union try to lowball themselves. the whole thing is a fiasco as negotiations aren't even complete and someone just wanted to cry to the media to make stupid headlines for people to salivate over the supposed irony

zomg such controversy

Emails Show Mayors Office and Berkeley Economist Coordinated Release of Favorable Minimum Wage Study | Seattle Weekly

and from the same article regarding the primary author of the UW study:

so u don't see the difference between being paid to write - and cherry pick - data in support of a topic and being a member of an organization that's produced 29 nobel prize in economics winners

ok

youre ACTUALLY too stupid to argue with anymore and I demand an apology from your parents for allowing you to survive this long

There should be a nobel style award for things you shouldn't be proud of. Best Propaganda, best new MLM scheme, best sociopath, etc.

hey we've got the Darwin awards so why not

and I have a feeling that ixi is on his way to one

I don't understand how making things more expensive for everyone, helps people who already can't afford a basic standard of living.

In the 45 times they've raised the minimum wage since it was implemented, has it done away with poverty? Has it done away with people who struggle to meet a basic standard of living?

So why would continuing to raise the minimum wage help? In two years they'll argue for $16/hr and then they'll need $17/hr and so on.

Meanwhile, the cost of living has to go up for everyone, because business has to absorb the higher costs of overhead to cover wages. That's what we've seen.

McDonald's can't afford to sell a $18 Hamburger, so they look at cutting costs elsewhere. Where I live, it shows... the staff have been replaced with kiosks... and the service has suffered. The house front is dirty, refuse on the floor, tables unwiped, chairs and tables in disarray. You order and you have to wait in line for a number now... I rarely had to wait in line for my order.

Before kiosks, there were staff manning tills and when the business was slow, the extra hands were out on the floor sweeping up, emptying garbages and wiping down tables. You went up to the front, you gave your order and moments later you at a table. It's really gone to shit.

Their competition, which hasn't gone to automated kiosks has maintained a much better experience. The house is clean, the service is decent and it's the same food.

Last edited:
employees are chattel blah blah blah

you guys are all arguing on extremely limited information that a proposed hours cut for the same amount of pay is somehow a GOTCHA! i'm just pointing out the absolutely devastatingly obvious fact that it's not.

riiight, i'm embarrassing myself because i don't buy into the conservative dogma that you do about economics. i'm embarrassing myself because i don't take at face value like a fucking clown what the result of one (synethetic!) study in a highly politicized field says. i embarrass myself all the time when i can actually read and understand scientific papers and do read them often which makes it easy to dismantle fucktard arguments from delusional leftwing idiots like amadeus as well as delusional rightwing idiots like yourself

"dude, back out, you can't handle this"

fuck you cunt, you can't fucking handle this

Back