LGBR Did get beat up, lol

Sojourn said:
You're right. But law is very circumstantial, and criminal law especially.
yes

and provocation is not recognized as a reasonable "circumstance" for an event like this to occur

if it was Terraforce some other 'cool' little kid at the LAN, and it had been some dude that hardly anyone knew that had layed the smack down, this would be 15 pages screaming for him to be locked up for 100 years.

FireStorm! said:
yes

and provocation is not recognized as a reasonable "circumstance" for an event like this to occur

In the event of serious injury, you're right. Listen, FS.. as I've said repeatedly, I don't agree with what he did.. but assault and battery charges are just laughable to me right now, especially given that no one really knows what happened except that he hit this guy, or even if the kid has anything more than a couple of bruises.

slinkeh said:
if it was Terraforce some other 'cool' little kid at the LAN, and it had been some dude that hardly anyone knew that had layed the smack down, this would be 15 pages screaming for him to be locked up for 100 years.

Possibly.. but not from me.

Sojourn said:
In the event of serious injury, you're right. Listen, FS.. as I've said repeatedly, I don't agree with what he did.. but assault and battery charges are just laughable to me right now, especially given that no one really knows what happened except that he hit this guy, or even if the kid has anything more than a couple of bruises.
ok
you are right

we dont know all the facts

the point i am making is that sarcastick's actions were wrong, and i just want everyone to come to that understanding, if they havent already

[insert cliche saying]Just like it is not the rape victims fault for dressing pretty but the rapists fault for raping her.

It is sarcastick's fault (given he is the mature adult) for DOING WHATEVER HE DID to that LGBR (or whoever).

That's all I want people to f*cking agree upon, not that he was PROVOKED and it was OKAY because its FUNNY. excuse my capital letters

it is illegal and it IS considered assault and sarcastick could be taken to court (given that he did jump on the kid in anyway whatsoever, which is in question).

Crazy8 said:
I'm going to have to go with "LGBR had it coming."
Yeah, well then when a 10 year old says a joke about a 20 year old with his other friends of 10 year olds, and that 20 year old kicks all the 10 year olds asses then it would be okay, because those kids had it coming

STOP BEING STUPID

FireStorm! said:
ok
you are right

we dont know all the facts

the point i am making is that sarcastick's actions were wrong, and i just want everyone to come to that understanding, if they havent already

[insert cliche saying]Just like it is not the rape victims fault for dressing pretty but the rapists fault for raping her.

It is sarcastick's fault (given he is the mature adult) for DOING WHATEVER HE DID to that LGBR (or whoever).

That's all I want people to f*cking agree upon, not that he was PROVOKED and it was OKAY because its FUNNY. excuse my capital letters

it is illegal and it IS considered assault and sarcastick could be taken to court (given that he did jump on the kid in anyway whatsoever, which is in question).

Let me make this clear right now. I think Rob's actions were wrong, if he did in fact attack this kid. There is no doubt that there are better ways to handle that kind of situation.

Now, here's where I don't agree with you.. if LGBR was being the antagonist, he is not just some victim. If he did try to provoke Rob, it was not only immature, it was ridiculously lacking in any kind of common sense. I am not saying that it is justification, by any stretch of the imagination.. but I can not sit here and listen to people act like LGBR is some rape victim. That's just stupid. There's no excuse for such stupid behavior, I don't care if he is 15.

I'm not going to get dragged further into this regarding charges of assault. But it really bugs the shit out of me that people are jumping to all these conclusions, and all we have is secondhand information. Doesn't it sound a little funny to you that the information really went to great lengths to imply that Rob just beat the crap out of this kid? He "busts his melon" and is "fixing to die" just sounds like a serious beating. Except, the police show up, and let Rob off with a warning? The police may be lax at times, but if a kid nearly dies they are not just going to say "Hey.. don't do that again."

Sojourn said:
Let me make this clear right now. I think Rob's actions were wrong, if he did in fact attack this kid. There is no doubt that there are better ways to handle that kind of situation.

Now, here's where I don't agree with you.. if LGBR was being the antagonist, he is not just some victim. If he did try to provoke Rob, it was not only immature, it was ridiculously lacking in any kind of common sense. I am not saying that it is justification, by any stretch of the imagination.. but I can not sit here and listen to people act like LGBR is some rape victim. That's just stupid. There's no excuse for such stupid behavior, I don't care if he is 15.

I'm not going to get dragged further into this regarding charges of assault. But it really bugs the shit out of me that people are jumping to all these conclusions, and all we have is secondhand information. Doesn't it sound a little funny to you that the information really went to great lengths to imply that Rob just beat the crap out of this kid? He "busts his melon" and is "fixing to die" just sounds like a serious beating. Except, the police show up, and let Rob off with a warning? The police may be lax at times, but if a kid nearly dies they are not just going to say "Hey.. don't do that again."
ok
we are getting somewhere now. the argument i have made throughout the entirety of this thread is given the information suicidetaxi posted - that is all we have. so that's why i said "we may as well not know anything", therefore this whole argument i am making could be just for the heck of it ( and it is ).

at least we agree that the actions rob (SUPPOSEDLY) took were wrong, and of course, illegal. (obviously)

was LGBR being stupid, fuck yes, that warrants nothing. there are a lot of stupid people out there. but we cant just start beating them up now can we..

clearly LGBR is 15 and not 5 years old and needs to learn some manners/responsibility himself. did he have it coming? no, not from a 25~ year old.

maybe from a kid his age in a school fight.

maybe LGBR needs some spankings from his parents

(not that i condone spanking)

and now i am done.

bye.

fun argument ( though this side is clearly easier to argue )

FireStorm! said:
Yeah, well then when a 10 year old says a joke about a 20 year old with his other friends of 10 year olds, and that 20 year old kicks all the 10 year olds asses then it would be okay, because those kids had it coming

STOP BEING STUPID

Except that's not even remotely what happened, and if that did happen I would have a radically different appraisal of the situation.

STOP BEING STUPID

Back