Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Notre Dame Burning...
Page 5 of 11
Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 04-16-2019, 18:05
u gotta check out comments on news sites, ppl r suggesting some srsly heinous **** that would belong on a 1960s singlewide

fking corrugated steel roof and spray "stucco" sort of ****

we rly gotta hope they don't do any weirdo styles as some sort of ~step forward for france~

Last edited by Edofnor; 04-16-2019 at 18:09..
Sponsored Links
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
82 - 04-16-2019, 18:13
we should probably just burn the whole thing to the ground, finish it off. there's no telling how many children have been raped by the likes of the pope and the clintons in that place. it's not a holy place anymore.

Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
83 - 04-16-2019, 18:14
ya, but it's still holey

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Contributor
Old
84 - 04-16-2019, 18:42
+10 gbp on that spicy post

Skipperlipicus
VeteranXV
Old
85 - 04-16-2019, 20:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
Obviously it's not feasible because orange man is bad.
use your head man. do you think there's even a slight chance that dropping tons of water from a plane might level an old and weakened structure?

****ty ideas are ****ty ideas, regardless of who thinks them up. it's just embarrassing our president tweeted this idiocy for all to see.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
86 - 04-16-2019, 21:07
The Germans proved that it's not easy to hit Notre Dame from the air.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
87 - 04-17-2019, 01:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperlipicus View Post
use your head man. do you think there's even a slight chance that dropping tons of water from a plane might level an old and weakened structure?

****ty ideas are ****ty ideas, regardless of who thinks them up. it's just embarrassing our president tweeted this idiocy for all to see.
do you actually think that dropping water from a plane would have knocked the whole structure of the Notre Dame cathedral down? Please tell me you believe this

You fuking idiot

Skipperlipicus
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 04-17-2019, 01:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
do you actually think that dropping water from a plane would have knocked the whole structure of the Notre Dame cathedral down? Please tell me you believe this

You fuking idiot
“A Canadair projects about six tonnes of water at high speed to the ground: the danger is significant of hurting one or more people around the building - which is why Canadair interventions are so infrequent in urban and peri-urban areas.

“Such an intervention could also significantly destroy the little remaining structure of the cathedral."

Hellsfury
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
89 - 04-17-2019, 01:50
It wasn't the fire they were worried about. Gothic cathedrals are mostly made of stone and thus, resilient against the threat of burning.

It was the heat they were concerned about. The firefighters concentrated on keeping the stonework cool, especially the major load bearing foundations and butresses. If the stonework failed, the entire structure could have collapsed and the entire cathedral lost.

Dropping a massive amount of water from the air into the fire could/would have overloaded the stone vaulted ceilings that are covering the interior under the wooden roof that was burning. Some of the vaults had already failed and crashed into the interior.

Last edited by Hellsfury; 04-17-2019 at 01:58..
Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 04-17-2019, 01:52
it's not the heat that'll get ya, it's the humidity

motoxbudd
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
91 - 04-17-2019, 03:06
Quote:

if i dropped a 100 pound rock on your head from 100 feet up, your head would pop like a mellon hit by that crazy dudes big ass wooden hammer.

if i dropped 1,000,000 pounds of water on your head from 100 feet, youd get wet.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
92 - 04-17-2019, 03:11
Quote:
“A Canadair projects about six tonnes of water at high speed to the ground: the danger is significant of hurting one or more people around the building - which is why Canadair interventions are so infrequent in urban and peri-urban areas.

“Such an intervention could also significantly destroy the little remaining structure of the cathedral."

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
93 - 04-17-2019, 03:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
Dropping a massive amount of water from the air into the fire could/would have overloaded the stone vaulted ceilings that are covering the interior under the wooden roof that was burning. Some of the vaults had already failed and crashed into the interior.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 04-17-2019, 03:28
Quote:
It wasn't the fire they were worried about. Gothic cathedrals are mostly made of stone and thus, resilient against the threat of burning.

It was the heat they were concerned about. The firefighters concentrated on keeping the stonework cool, especially the major load bearing foundations and butresses. If the stonework failed, the entire structure could have collapsed and the entire cathedral lost.

i havent followed along w this story at all

someone told me notre dame was on fire and i though we landed some 5 star super recruit

but if you re-read what you just typed out

you're a smart dude, you have to be like ok i was intox confused when i made this post etc etc etc

etc?

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 04-17-2019, 03:30
i mean if u can find non-sequitur between paragraph 1 and 2

kudos

if u can find it in paragraph 2-3 bravo

but etc

Validuz
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
96 - 04-17-2019, 04:10
People thing that if you drop large amounts of water from above it sticks together like a large water droplet and just crushes everything below.

My god. What have we become?

LGBR
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
97 - 04-17-2019, 04:21
the **** collapses every time it rains and they rebuild it idk

FiEND
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
98 - 04-17-2019, 04:31
one inch of rain falling over an area of one square mile is equal to 143 million pounds!

im surprised there are any building anywhere

LGBR
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
99 - 04-17-2019, 05:17
i died twice 2day goin 2 get the mail **** is real out here

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
100 - 04-17-2019, 08:06
Quote:
It took 182 years to complete the cathedral originally, in 1163 to 1345A.D.

That was in the middle ages with rope and pulley's, hand tools and wooden cranes. A bunch of dirty monks and peasants managed a marvelous feat of engineering which is why it survives today. Despite being set on fire.

It'll take a few years to restore the structure and repair the damage, but not decades, using modern construction.

800 million USD has already been pledged by donors (in less than k 12 hours) to restore it. Which is interesting... A) where were these donations when they needed to repair and renovate it? B) Where is this money when anything else is in need of charity?

Makes me wonder whether the Notre Dame is a symbol of charity or a monument to vanity.

Either way, never look a gift horse in the mouth. At least there are people who care enough to see it restored, regardless of their motives.

Several structures, likely common homes and businesses of regular Parisians caught fire and burned as collateral damage... anyone chip in to help those people yet?
Yeah but now we have OHS laws and unions - that thing will take forever.

You know where the money is coming from when it ends up with big signs on the outside walls "The Herschel and Ruth Annex" "Moishe Goldberg Hall" etc

Last edited by ArakAtak; 04-17-2019 at 08:08..
Page 5 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Notre Dame Burning...

Social Website Bullshit