Should I buy this game? by dionysus - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page Should I buy this game?
Page 1 of 2
dionysus
VeteranX
Old
1 - 09-20-2009, 17:41
I liked DAoC that was the last MMO I played, my friend who is kind of an idiot is raving about AION, Should I get Warhammer or this ****? I wish the beta was still open

Sponsored Links
Madend
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 09-20-2009, 17:43
warhammer is dying/dead. people actually play aion

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
3 - 09-20-2009, 17:56
aion > warhammer

godswill
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 09-21-2009, 13:35
I hate to ask it, but how does it compare to WOW in terms of polish? I know it was just released.

I'm looking to get off the WOW bandwagon with about 4 RL buddies and this one has picked out interest.

The main thing i'm worried about is gameplay. When warhammer first came out, the character lag was atrocious. eg- when you moved your character, or did an action it would wait for .5-1.0 seconds before actually doing it, felt very sluggish. I ****ing hate this and wouldn't play if it was like this.

Thanks

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 09-21-2009, 13:54
First off, why write off an entire game based on launch issues that almost all MMO's have?

Secondly, the only negative about launch so far is login queue's. Once you're in the game runs great. In fact stability is probably it's highest scoring perk.

godswill
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 09-21-2009, 14:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
First off, why write off an entire game based on launch issues that almost all MMO's have?

Secondly, the only negative about launch so far is login queue's. Once you're in the game runs great. In fact stability is probably it's highest scoring perk.
I tried LOTR Online a few weeks ago and it had this same sluggish/laggy movement. I didn't try it past the training session.

Sailyn
Veteran++
Old
7 - 09-23-2009, 16:07
I haven't bought Aion but I was thinking about it.

With that said I can 100% guarantee it is better than Warhammer because that game was a pile of ass.

Sir Lucius
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 09-23-2009, 16:58
Quote:
I remember when I tried warhammer and it had that terrible input lag and level of detail framerate (this looked awful) that the game wouldn't last. That's not a launch issue though, a launch issue is the servers going down -- warhammer had engine issues.

Now as far as polish goes, I am amazed at the amount of detail put into the character armors. There's a pretty unique art direction the game has, but it's very girly. I think stylistically the game can hold up on its own compared to warhammer which seemed extremely bland. I can't say anything for the actual gameplay though since I've never played it.

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 09-23-2009, 17:54
it destroys warhammer in terms of polish, very smooth gameplay in terms of framerate/lag

most characters do tend to be a bit smooth faced, but you can be creative with the character creator if you want, and the plate armor is pretty good looking in respect to not being girly, example dwarfish char i made:

godswill
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 09-23-2009, 17:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lucius View Post
I remember when I tried warhammer and it had that terrible input lag and level of detail framerate (this looked awful) that the game wouldn't last. That's not a launch issue though, a launch issue is the servers going down -- warhammer had engine issues.

This is what i'm worried about. But from what I have heard, these issues aren't present in Aion.

The only glaring issues is 2-3 hour queue times. Or people camping single mobs in the starting area's because there are so many people.

I'm going to go ahead and just wait before I pick this up

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
11 - 09-23-2009, 18:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by godswill View Post
This is what i'm worried about. But from what I have heard, these issues aren't present in Aion.

The only glaring issues is 2-3 hour queue times. Or people camping single mobs in the starting area's because there are so many people.

I'm going to go ahead and just wait before I pick this up
They weren't issues in Warhammer. Warhammer died because there was no end game.

These sluggish input problems he's talking about didn't hamper me at all. Granted I got into it a few months after release, but they were not game ending issues.

Aion doesn't have any problems like that, that we know of so far. The queue's suck, but they're getting better already. And as far as the camping single mobs... EVERY zone is instanced. In game they're called Channels. Most zones have 5 different channels, some have 10, so that if the area you're in is camped out, you change channels until you find one that's got fewer people in it.

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
12 - 09-23-2009, 18:40
Quote:
And as far as the camping single mobs... EVERY zone is instanced. In game they're called Channels. Most zones have 5 different channels, some have 10, so that if the area you're in is camped out, you change channels until you find one that's got fewer people in it.
I believe channels are only for the starting areas for release. I believe they said as more people leave the zones, the channels will go back down to 1.

Tekno
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 09-23-2009, 18:48
some places have 5 channels, some only 1. the 1 channels sucks balls...seriously, give us at least 3 with this many people.

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 09-23-2009, 19:01
only the 1-10 and 10-20 zones are channeled, after that the enemy can rift in and attack so they don't channel it so people can't just change channels to avoid fighting

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 09-23-2009, 19:12
PVP zones obviously. The "Camping one mob" issue though that was mentioned above is not so huge a problem.

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
16 - 09-23-2009, 19:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madend View Post
only the 1-10 and 10-20 zones are channeled, after that the enemy can rift in and attack so they don't channel it so people can't just change channels to avoid fighting
yep, thats correct.

godswill
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 09-24-2009, 11:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madend View Post
Awesome. This is definitely a plus then.

I hated this in AoC, but i'm glad to see they are limiting it to the starting zones.

Littlex
VeteranX
Old
18 - 09-24-2009, 11:54
Btw. the game aint that new. Afaik it was allready released a year ago in korea. Thats a big plus imho, because most of the bugs and problems a mmo has when rolling out are mostly fixed.

Tekno
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 09-24-2009, 12:25
any of the other servers having problems with channels? the chat channels not switching channels. For the past 2 days triniels chat hasnt been working

kesh
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
20 - 09-24-2009, 14:56
you play on triniel too?

hmmmMM

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Aion
Reload this Page Should I buy this game?

Social Website Bullshit