ORVR when done right is awesome! by JoMo - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page ORVR when done right is awesome!
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
1 - 12-18-2008, 22:59
Great night for T3 ORVR.

Basically joined a WB and took over Stonewatch Keep. Took over Passwatch and started taking BO's when 2 WB's of Destro showed up. They had everything else in the other wars. And they were taking Stonewatch. We decided to actually DEFEND Passwatch so we gathered everyone there and made a call out to everyone that they should come to Passwatch to help defend.

We started defending at the outer gate, had hell cannons up and a dwarf cannon up as well. Destro attacked and we focused the cannons on the healers. I was manning one of the cannons which is fun as hell to see how much damage you are doing. After we had knocked a few out due to AOE, cannons and ranged attacks, we had melee flood out from behind the gates and we literally ran them off and killed them. They kept trying to come back, but were unsuccessful and they retreated.

We formed another smaller WB and had them start taking BO's. While the other warband was doing this, we kept a WB at Passwatch in case they tried to attack it again. When no attack came, we started attacking Stonewatch, but kept a few people back at Passwatch. Destro had holed up in Stonewatch and drove us off.

We regrouped at Passwatch and about 6-8 people stayed back at Passwatch in case Destro attacked while most everyone else went to another war and took a Keep. While they were taking the keep, Destro had sent out 3 people to scout Passwatch. We fired the cannons on them and tried to make it seem like we were all there, but they didn't fall for it, and they attacked it full force a few minutes later. With our skeleton crew we kept firing the cannons and stayed alive. We told the WB that destro had about a WB and a half and they should come back.

When they broke through the outer gate, we were able to quickly retreat into the Keep itself where we kept the oil up as much as we could, and we had BW's doing AOE's. I kept everyone healed and rezzed. Our WB made it back just before the Keep door came down. and we were able to push destro back and out of the outer gates. It was awesome!

Sponsored Links
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
2 - 12-19-2008, 08:17
I have been enjoying oRVR, that's why I play this game. Still haven't decided if I will renew since I have cancelled and am letting it run out ... but since the patch there has been a lot of oRVR which was sorely lacking before. I can't do another scenario, they are ****ing terribly repetitive

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
3 - 12-19-2008, 11:02
when there are fights is awesome.

zerging undefended points is even more boring than scenes, tho.

Lord Elessar
or something
Contributor
Old
4 - 12-19-2008, 11:21
yeah I hate the obj swapping. soon people will realize that defense gives a crap ton of influence and it will be great though.

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 12-19-2008, 11:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Elessar View Post
yeah I hate the obj swapping. soon people will realize that defense gives a crap ton of influence and it will be great though.
Exactly. Keep swapping is about the most boring thing ever, and when compared to defending or attacking a defended keep, there's very little reward. I'm sure people just do it for the gold bags, but when you've got a full WB running from keep to keep it's not as though you're going to get a bag every time.

Open-field skirmishes and keep defense are easily the most fun I've had playing Warhammer.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
6 - 12-19-2008, 12:53
I think it gave like 2400-2500 Inf for defending the keep once the outer wall came back up.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page ORVR when done right is awesome!

Social Website Bullshit