Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page Valve lied, granary dide
Page 1 of 3
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
1 - 11-16-2007, 03:19
Why'd they change granary all around? I think it was one of the least complained about maps.........

Sponsored Links
Hellsfury
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
2 - 11-16-2007, 03:26
umm.... what have I missed?

[EDIT: I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE]

Granary map changes

Cover changes to the first capture points of both teams. Reduces some of the sight lines for defenders, and should make the area easier to capture

Teams that are holding more points will receive a greater spawn time bonus (spawn timer reduced for the winning team). This should help attacking teams build momentum

Minor visual tweaks to the BLU side between capture points 2 and 3

Clipped off a super high (demo pipe jump) perch in the middle area

Increased base round timer to 10 minutes

Added windows overlooking the final cap from the capture point 2 building (via new room next to conveyor route)

Minor changes to lighting in the middle area

Moved the middle spawn points farther forward (saves 6-7 seconds off a Heavy's run from this spawn to enemy capture point 2)

Reduced spawn advantage/penalty to a total of -/+ 6 seconds when on the final cap (from 10 seconds)

Fixed material alignment and model interpenetration issues in home spawn rocket rooms

Last edited by Hellsfury; 11-16-2007 at 03:31..
Eggi
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 11-16-2007, 03:41
i dont like the changes at all. map played much better prepatch

now O dominates - there was no reason to move spawn points closer or to reduce spawn time of O.

Electricity
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 11-16-2007, 03:44
Much harder to come back... So makes the initial battle that much more important.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
5 - 11-16-2007, 05:14
Yeah.. it's a lot harder to come back now. Basically whoever gets the middle point at the start has a huge advantage.

I don't understand why they changed it though. Were stalemates a problem on that map? It seemed pretty balanced to me. More stalemates occur on 2fort. They going to introduce a forward spawn in the enemy base now?

Felonius
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 11-16-2007, 07:50
The changes to Point 1 make it much more interesting tactically, but the map was already unforgiving enough. Comebacks were already pretty rare. The team who holds Point 4 can get back to the front line way too quickly now ... There's hardly any breather at all for a team trying to take it back.

HypnosisFX
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 11-16-2007, 08:26
2fort should end in a overtime with 1 scout on each side, first to cap wins.

Ratorasniki
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
8 - 11-16-2007, 09:04
It seems like they don't like the defense winning on any map. Defending was fun, but trying to hold a control point for 15+ minutes with reduced spawn timers for enemies is basically impossible. It happened once on the server I played on tonight, and that was because some retard on my team built a turret underground and it slaughtered the entire other team. Without exploiting or cheating it's pretty hard, sooner or later you just get over run.

Same is true of maps that go both ways, once you get pushed back it's really hard to turn the tide.

Shinigami
VeteranX
Old
9 - 11-16-2007, 10:41
Well can turn pretty easily.

Well is fun though. I never enjoyed Granary.

HypnosisFX
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 11-16-2007, 11:09
i enjoy all maps but 2fort.

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 11-16-2007, 12:11
granary is probably my least favorite map, but i didn't think anything was really wrong with it. maybe i'll enjoy it more now or something heh.

Shinigami
VeteranX
Old
12 - 11-16-2007, 12:20
2fort is fun is you play defense and frustrating as hell if you play offense.

kazan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
13 - 11-16-2007, 12:28
I don't understand the changes to granary, at all.
Unless the opposing team was extremely prepared and simply wasn't able to get the middle point by chance, the map just snowballed against them. Now it's just worse for the defense.

(Then again, both well and granary are supposed to be high offense, so the offensive lines should be squaring off and the defensive lines should be the backup)

Calder
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 11-16-2007, 12:43
GRANARY WAS THE WORST MAP EVER

AND I ASSUME IT STILL IS

Eggi
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 11-16-2007, 12:48
I LOVED GRANARY BEFORE THE PATCH

NOW I DESPISE IT WITH THE LOATHING OF A THOUSAND SPITEFUL SOULS.

(this patch may have been an improvement for comp though - i dunno...any decent tf2 comp ppl wanna give their opinion?)

HypnosisFX
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 11-16-2007, 12:53
Source Engine

Fixed a bug in networking that would cause long stalls (up to 10 seconds) when a split packet would not be reassembled properly, which forced a full update to all clients

General optimization to tracelines

Fix for broken .dem file playback

Added backward compatibility code to allow demos recorded with protocol 12 to continue to be playable under protocol version 13

When showing "WARNING: Connection Problem", now indicate the number of seconds remaining before an auto-disconnect will occur

Fixed a bug that would cause NULLNAME to be shown as the player's name in the scoreboard for a short time

Team Fortress 2

Fixed exploit where spectators could spawn into the world without actually joining a team

Hydro map changes

Fixed an exploit that would allow players to jump out of the map

Granary map changes

Cover changes to the first capture points of both teams. Reduces some of the sight lines for defenders, and should make the area easier to capture

Teams that are holding more points will receive a greater spawn time bonus (spawn timer reduced for the winning team). This should help attacking teams build momentum

Minor visual tweaks to the BLU side between capture points 2 and 3

Clipped off a super high (demo pipe jump) perch in the middle area

Increased base round timer to 10 minutes

Added windows overlooking the final cap from the capture point 2 building (via new room next to conveyor route)

Minor changes to lighting in the middle area

Moved the middle spawn points farther forward (saves 6-7 seconds off a Heavy's run from this spawn to enemy capture point 2)

Reduced spawn advantage/penalty to a total of -/+ 6 seconds when on the final cap (from 10 seconds)

Fixed material alignment and model interpenetration issues in home spawn rocket rooms

SourceTV

Increased default bandwidth rate from 5 to 8 KB/sec for spectator clients

Increased SourceTV demo buffer size for table class descriptions from 64 to 96KB. Team Fortress 2 was running over this

Performance improvement for copying unreliable data buffers to SourceTV clients

Updated the list of events in TF2 tagged for the director to play

Heimdal
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 11-16-2007, 13:24
so wait.... they fixed the lesser known hydro exploit, but didn't fix the gravel pit one?

ScottTheWise13
VeteranX
Old
18 - 11-16-2007, 19:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnosisFX View Post

aScotiA
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 11-16-2007, 20:09
i used to love granary and hate 2fort

now that i'm pretty good i hate granary and love 2fort (although it could use some improvements that i cited in my 'tf2 needs new maps' thread)

HaPpY
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
20 - 11-16-2007, 20:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnosisFX View Post
blasphemy!

Page 1 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page Valve lied, granary dide