[ -SM- ] Give me a good reason not to label your entire team cheating ******s?? by DV - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page [ -SM- ] Give me a good reason not to label your entire team cheating ******s??
Page 1 of 4
DV
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 11-11-2007, 08:29
Watched 2 of your people teleport teleport themselves under the map tonight and sit outside the spawn on gravel pit just racking up kills while no one could touch them.

Figured it was a good idea so I grabbed a couple screen shots.

Here's Hot Mustard going at it:

They had a teleporter setup, which is how I found them in the first place. Later I caught Electricity who was also on the server doing it.

I just want to know how does anyone think this isn't ****ing flat out cheating?

Ok, so you call it an "exploit...." please you can call it whatever the **** you like, but it's cheating. The BlazeHMR guy was also down there, and he was trying to justify it as: "Well valve hasn't banned us yet, so it must be perfectly acceptable."

HUH!?! Who the **** in their right mind thinks for one ****ing second that anyone belives that bull****?

And Electricity, come on buddy I ****in expect better of you. I expect someone like yourself to NOT be a cheating ****ing *******.

*EDIT:* Btw, I'm drunk as ****ing hell.... And I still couldn't leave this the **** alone.

Last edited by DV; 11-11-2007 at 08:32..
Sponsored Links
Electricity
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 11-11-2007, 08:43
I couldn't stop laughing, obviously it's an exploit/bug but it provided me some entertainment this late at night

DV
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 11-11-2007, 08:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricity View Post
I couldn't stop laughing, obviously it's an exploit/bug but it provided me some entertainment this late at night
Maybe it's me being a bit drunk, but the way that one ****** was trying to rationalize it was really pissing me the **** off.

Electricity
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 11-11-2007, 08:47
I don't know that blaze kid but earlier it was just us and some other guys in the server and we were doing it to each other... then people joined

D
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 11-11-2007, 09:44
There seem to be many bugs like that.

YouTube - TF2 - noob exploit - cp_well

YouTube - Team Fortress 2 - UM (Under Map) Exploit - by Vin

YouTube - TF2 Engineer trick Gravel Pit

Last edited by D; 11-11-2007 at 09:51..
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
6 - 11-11-2007, 10:24
Ekos did it the other night as well.

DV
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 11-11-2007, 10:33
See the only one of those that bothers me is the 2nd one... The guy under the map.

The other 2 can be dealt with by the other team, without having to know anything other than how to take care of a turret. (granted a spy can't get it, but a ****in soldier or demo can.)

However, the under the map is bull****, because they can shoot at you and you can't shoot back. I watched 2 turrets basically spawn **** an entire team on gravel pit. The Defending team couldn't do ANYTHING, couldn't get out of their own spawn.

Mid-Airlines
VeteranX
Old
8 - 11-11-2007, 14:26
Wow, that's talent...

Felonius
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 11-11-2007, 15:44

Electricity and H0t Mustid! PROBATION.

uno
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 11-11-2007, 16:03
this is OFN.

woah Mustid quit Darkside?

PS its a ****ing PUB, get over yourself DV

BloodyShark
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 11-11-2007, 16:47
honestly, the map things in well and that point B thing on gravel pit don't bother me. I'm not even sure it's really an exploit considering there are both advantages and disadvantages to doing that ****.

As for the under the map thing, yea, its a pub. but it can also help kill a pub. Pretty lame imo.

Eggi
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 11-11-2007, 16:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyShark View Post
honestly, the map things in well and that point B thing on gravel pit don't bother me. I'm not even sure it's really an exploit considering there are both advantages and disadvantages to doing that ****.

As for the under the map thing, yea, its a pub. but it can also help kill a pub. Pretty lame imo.
theyre exploits because they take advantage of glitches in the map design that werent intended. they don't necessarily confer huge benefits, but still exploiting. i dont have much of a prob with ppl doing it in a pub cuz its just a pub but i agree - abusing it to the point of killing a pub is pretty lame thats why servers need admins on them. does 5150 e have any admins yet? slam said he was gonna give ppl admin but i dont know if anyone actually has it...

i dont know what cevo rules are regarding those under the map exploits, but cevo apparently has no rules against using other map exploits (like shooting through the starting fence on dustbowl which can easily take out a medic trying to uber before the match begins). i find that ludicrous.

Last edited by Eggi; 11-11-2007 at 16:59..
Jambalaya Pretzelstein
VeteranX
Old
13 - 11-11-2007, 18:11
Honestly this is the only way to ensure valve fixes bugs

If the newbie hordes aren't pissed off they won't bother.

Jambalaya Pretzelstein
VeteranX
Old
14 - 11-11-2007, 18:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
i dont know what cevo rules are regarding those under the map exploits, but cevo apparently has no rules against using other map exploits (like shooting through the starting fence on dustbowl which can easily take out a medic trying to uber before the match begins). i find that ludicrous.
The gate-shooting bugs aren't bugs. Those are intended

Eggi
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 11-11-2007, 18:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambalaya Pretzelstein View Post
The gate-shooting bugs aren't bugs. Those are intended
link me to a post where the devs say thats intended map design. in fact, i doubt that you will find one because i cant imagine they would randomly select certain gates to be able to shoot through. only a few have tiny holes that it can be done on.

Jambalaya Pretzelstein
VeteranX
Old
16 - 11-11-2007, 19:17
Quote:
link me to a post where the devs say thats intended map design. in fact, i doubt that you will find one because i cant imagine they would randomly select certain gates to be able to shoot through. only a few have tiny holes that it can be done on.
it's not tiny holes

every single gate can be shot through at the top and the bottom, and sometimes the sides

if the devs did that by accident they have to be seriously retarded. when you design an impassable gate, do YOU intentionally flag the bit of terrain above and below the gate as "no clip"?

uno
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 11-11-2007, 19:18
Quote:
all gates can be shoot through. theres only a few that actually have angles for it to be worth it..

BloodyShark
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 11-11-2007, 19:50
Quote:
theyre exploits because they take advantage of glitches in the map design that werent intended. they don't necessarily confer huge benefits, but still exploiting. i dont have much of a prob with ppl doing it in a pub cuz its just a pub but i agree - abusing it to the point of killing a pub is pretty lame thats why servers need admins on them. does 5150 e have any admins yet? slam said he was gonna give ppl admin but i dont know if anyone actually has it...

See, the thing is, the engineer thing on Well has been around for a WHILE now. just like sniping through the train hole and rocket/grenade jumping over the train car has been. Yet, they don't fix them. But they do fix **** like the double-melee hit and the spy-no-lose-disguise-backstab thing.

Also, if you can get to an area relatively easily (emphasis on easily) with rocket jumping or grenade jumping, why can't I do the same with an engineer? And no, this doesn't appy to under/above the map ****.

And yes, i have admin to 5150east and have used it a few times. But I havent seen many people on the server recently. Hell, sometimes (like right now) it's completely down.

DV
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 11-11-2007, 20:02
That is what I'm saying, the well or gravel engineer climbing is nothing. I'm sorry if a Soldier or a Demo can get up there, I have no problem with another class finding a way up there either.

I have a problem with game breakers, like being UNDER the ****ing map. Where no one can get to you but you can run around and shoot people to your hearts content. And no Uno, **** the hell off, that kind of statement just tells me you're perfectly ok with dropping below the map and ruining a pub, because "it's just a pub."

I'm sick of that whole comp makes me important bull****. And you're a ****ing tool if you think doing the aforementioned in a pub is perfectly ok, just because "it's just a pub."

kazan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
20 - 11-11-2007, 20:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
PS its a ****ing PUB, get over yourself DV
Wait, wait, wait...
ayz gets ****ing crucified for cheating in a pub and now people doing something that pretty much makes them unstoppable forces in a pub and it just gets a 'get over yourself'? What ****ing sense does that make?

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page [ -SM- ] Give me a good reason not to label your entire team cheating ******s??

Social Website Bullshit