Page 4 of 8
old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
61 - 04-04-2007, 10:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
If you can handle a couple hundred gaming nerds for an entire weekend and that handful of a wife you have, this is nothing mayng.

A handful?

Sponsored Links
JuggerNaught
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
62 - 04-04-2007, 10:53
Well, from what i've seen of her on here, and just the general look in her eyes in the few photographs i've seen, compounded by her name on here, yeah, i'd say she's a handful.

not in a bad way (most of the time) i'm sure

NoGodForMe
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
63 - 04-04-2007, 10:54
Here, I'll post this link again.
Howstuffworks "How Dieting Works"
The 3-4 drinks a night is what's doing it. That's close to 500 extra calories you're packing on each night. The average man only needs about 2400 calories, so you're probably going over that and it adds up. The weight gain is done a little over time.

I don't care what everyone says about the 6-7 small meals a day. The only way to lose weight it to starve during the day, or be a gym rat and work out for an hour. Doing 5 meals a day is a job in itself. You'd have to be a health instructor to do it. It's impossible for people who work in a cube to eat a big breakfast, lunch, and then have a small dinner. It's the opposite with me. When I get home after being in a cube all day, I want to eat. So I starve all day and it works. I don't give a **** what it does to my metabolism, it works.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
64 - 04-04-2007, 10:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Here, I'll post this link again.
Howstuffworks "How Dieting Works"
The 3-4 drinks a night is what's doing it. That's close to 500 extra calories you're packing on each night. The average man only needs about 2400 calories, so you're probably going over that and it adds up. The weight gain is done a little over time.

I don't care what everyone says about the 6-7 small meals a day. The only way to lose weight it to starve during the day, or be a gym rat and work out for an hour. Doing 5 meals a day is a job in itself. You'd have to be a health instructor to do it.
or understand the deep dark mysteries of precooking meals and tupperware.

PoorDoggy
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 04-04-2007, 11:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
I don't care what everyone says about the 6-7 small meals a day. The only way to lose weight it to starve during the day, or be a gym rat and work out for an hour. Doing 5 meals a day is a job in itself. You'd have to be a health instructor to do it. It's impossible for people who work in a cube to eat a big breakfast, lunch, and then have a small dinner. It's the opposite with me. When I get home after being in a cube all day, I want to eat. So I starve all day and it works. I don't give a **** what it does to my metabolism, it works.
"Dieting" doesn't work, period, because "dieting" implies a temporary change, which leads to temporary weight loss. Real, sustained weight loss happens when you make lifestyle changes, especially changes to your diet.

When I came to college, I kicked a 3+ Pepsi per day habit and started eating a few more salads and turkey sandwiches instead of my mom's cooking and I dropped 15 pounds freshman year without setting foot in a gym. Now I eat throughout the day (still a 3 meal/day structure, but those 3 are smaller and I have significant good snacks in between to keep my metabolism running) and work out on a regular basis and am in the best shape of my life.

It isn't hard to eat less, eat healthy, eat often and work out. An hour in a gym is not a huge commitment, though even half an hour can make serious changes for people who don't work out at all. Starving yourself and then eating a huge meal is the absolute worst thing you can do for your metabolism. You shut down your body during the day (which means you aren't burning calories when you could be), then you overeat and carb-crash at the end of the day.

Stilgar
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 04-04-2007, 11:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantric Rex View Post
How many meals were you eating a day? Not good to skip meals especially while doing workouts.
Two.
Worked fine for me, doctor said I was good to go.
My caloric intake was high enough.

old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
67 - 04-04-2007, 11:13
I guess I'd like to hear from guys who aren't in college anymore. Guys who work a day job at a desk.

Not you little ****s who weigh like 138lbs!

Juggs, NGFM....you guys are the last people I think I'd want to take advice from. How do I put this politely? **** it, it's Tribalwar....

...and you clicked on a thread called MCFATTY because you can relate!

JuggerNaught
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
68 - 04-04-2007, 11:18
you can listen to whoever you want, with what i know, being around your age, i've lost about 3 times as much as you want to lose in about 5 months.

kicker
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 04-04-2007, 11:24
Quote:
you can listen to whoever you want, with what i know, being around your age, i've lost about 3 times as much as you want to lose in about 5 months.
lets see. old_skkul is at 238lbs. he wants to get back down to 180's. that's ~60 lbs. 60x3 = 180.

so what your saying is you've lost 180 lbs in 5 months???? doubt it. even with lap band you wouldn't lose that amount you dumb ****.

Old_skul

as i said before look at this thing. BODYBUGG :: HOW IT WORKS You can get them for cheaper on ebay but the online subscription is kinda pricey. If you have trouble counting calories and you want to keep better control and you are serious about losing the weight then you shouldn't have a problem spending the cash on this little thing.

get the body bugg, plan out your meals for the next day(s), figure out your resting metabolic rate, and the amount of calories you should be taking in to create a deficit in calories consumed vs. calories burned. workout regularly a 4 or 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes of high intensity cardio and your on your way to burning fat.

Last edited by kicker; 04-04-2007 at 11:27..
old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
70 - 04-04-2007, 11:30
If I worked out 4 or 5 times a week doing 30 minutes of high intensity cardio, I wouldn't need a body bugg or a diet, or even to stop drinking. I'd be down to 180 in like 2 months. You don't understand.

I AM LAZY AND I LIKE FILET MIGNON.

BigWorm
Big Perm
Old
71 - 04-04-2007, 11:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post
I guess I'd like to hear from guys who aren't in college anymore. Guys who work a day job at a desk.

Not you little ****s who weigh like 138lbs!

Juggs, NGFM....you guys are the last people I think I'd want to take advice from. How do I put this politely? **** it, it's Tribalwar....

...and you clicked on a thread called MCFATTY because you can relate!

I am an engineer. I sit in a cube all day in front of a computer screen for 9 hours. I currently weigh 218. I've currently lost about 10 lbs. How? I count calories and don't eat garbage.

Myoplex protein shake for breakfast at my cube (310 cals). Low-fat healthy lunch (Subway sandwich, El Pollo Loco grilled chicken, etc. - 600-700 cals). Protein shake near the end of work (240 cals). Hit the gym after work and lift for an hour. Post-workout protein shake (350 cals). Low-fat healthy dinner (600-700 cals).

That's about 2200 cals a day. My body needs about 2700 a day to maintain my weight. That's 1 lb. a week in fat loss.

I think if most people really took the time and counted all the calories they had a day, they would be amazed.

old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
72 - 04-04-2007, 11:31
Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
73 - 04-04-2007, 11:31
not til i'm done.

Cheater
VeteranXV
Old
74 - 04-04-2007, 11:34
#1 South Beach diet. Get the book and the cook book at B&N. Lots of good food to eat. Get off carbohydrates or use them more appropiately and get away from refined sugar as much as you can.

#2 Never eat fast food unless you know the Calorie count, Fat and sugar content or can guess pretty damn close. Limit meals to 500 to 700 calories per meal.

#3 Exercise at least 30 minutes per day. Religiously. I climb 1000 stairs daily and walk 2 miles twice a week when I can't do the steps.

#4 cut yourself some slack and skip a day here and there.

I also suppliment with daily
oderless garlic 2000mg
non-flush niacin 800mg
folic acid
asprin 325mg. (81 mg should be sufficient)
omega 3 fish oil capsule (can't remember dose)

These suppliments are used to 1. Encourage better circulation. 2. treat underlying lipid (fat) imbalance. Lower cholesterol, increase High density lipoprotien, and lower the low density lipoprotein.

I'm down to 165lbs. I'm strong and full of energy at 53. I'm also much more mentally awake.

Eat steak all you want.

Kelven
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
75 - 04-04-2007, 11:39
I love how people make "hey guys I need advices threads" but never listen to what anyone is saying.

absent
VeteranXV
Old
76 - 04-04-2007, 11:41
wow, i cant believe people like cheater go through that much trouble to lose weight
i eat mickey dees and subway and lose weight just fine

old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
77 - 04-04-2007, 11:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
wow, i cant believe people like cheater go through that much trouble to lose weight
You're also an ******* with legs.

BigWorm
Big Perm
Old
78 - 04-04-2007, 11:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
wait a few years and you will see

Kelven
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
79 - 04-04-2007, 11:43
Oh and just so we are all clear on this; drinking to get buzzed every night is a problem.

absent
VeteranXV
Old
80 - 04-04-2007, 11:43
its about the calories, so it doesnt matter how old you are, you can still lose using fast food

Page 4 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [MCFATTY] I am getting fat

Social Website Bullshit