[EXERCISE]Ok, so tell me if this is gonna work ... by Damascus - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [EXERCISE]Ok, so tell me if this is gonna work ...
Page 1 of 6
Damascus
VeteranX
Old
1 - 03-23-2007, 00:02
Cliffs:
- need to lose 20lbs in 2 months
- ???
- profit

Alright, here are my stats:

Height: 72"
Weight: 240 lbs

I'm not fat, but I have a small gut forming and some love handles. I have a pretty good amount of muscle mass, but I would like to shed at least 20 pounds in the next few months.

Here is my plan I started on Monday:

- Jog 3 miles daily
- 400 crunches a night
- 100 pushups a night
- Replaced all drinks with water ( except for my morning coffee; need that )
- I only eat when I'm hungry, which, to my surprise, doesn't happen half as much as I thought it did.

I've been doing this for a week straight and haven't seen any results yet. This is most likely because my body is trying to adapt to the change. I'm thinking it'll be another week or so before I see any noticeable changes.

If I stick to this for 2 months, do you think it's reasonable to think that I can reach my goal? I can't go to the gym simply because of work hours. When I get home, most places close in an hour or so and I don't have to time goto the gym and run errands.

Anyhow, what do you think?

Sponsored Links
JaPaNDa
VeteranX
Old
2 - 03-23-2007, 00:07
24 hr. gym.

Also, eat 6 small meals a day. It will be more effective then eating when you are hungry.

mrcheesy
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 03-23-2007, 00:08
no

Damascus
VeteranX
Old
4 - 03-23-2007, 00:08
Thanks for answering my question! Great first post, would read again.

ChaoStar
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 03-23-2007, 00:09
Lift weights.

Jogging won't burn a lot of calories. It's good for the heart though

:|:ArcaneGel
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 03-23-2007, 00:12
400 crunches is like 350 crunches overkill. dont even work your abs. doing basic lifting still works your abs enough. focus more on cardio or else your abs will look ugly.

edit: Melt Fat Like Magic - Men's Health

Last edited by :|:ArcaneGel; 03-23-2007 at 00:17..
Damascus
VeteranX
Old
7 - 03-23-2007, 00:15
I have my own free weights, but they're in storage about 1000 miles away. Before I moved down to SC I lifted for 30 minutes everyday and went on my recumbent bike for another 30. I've taken a 3 month hiatus due to my new job and living arrangements. There's never any good food in the fridge and everytime I buy my own ****, some ****er eats it, so I'm somewhat forced to eat out a LOT more than I'm used to.

I know once I get my own place again, I'll get back on the wagon and get back in shape, but I've gained a good 20 pounds over the last 3 months and it's killing me.

FACK!

Thresh
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
8 - 03-23-2007, 00:18
don't run everyday, and throw out the daily crunches/push ups. alternate gym days and running days. eat 6 small meals, drink plenty of water.

:|:ArcaneGel
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 03-23-2007, 00:21
just get tuna and salad ****, they wont eat that. almonds are good appetite suppressors too.

Damascus
VeteranX
Old
10 - 03-23-2007, 00:22
****ing Christ, I'm buying a minifridge.

dev
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 03-23-2007, 00:27
Spot reducing with crunches etc won't work. Calories in < calories out. The jogging is a good idea for burning fat, but that depends on volume and intensity. A more sensible approach is a combination of aerobic, resistance and flexibility training. And yeah, breaking meals down into more smaller more frequent meals is a good idea.

Psyc
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
12 - 03-23-2007, 00:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by :|:ArcaneGel View Post
just get tuna and salad ****, they wont eat that. almonds are good appetite suppressors too.
MM TUNNNAAA

i think i'll have some now

bosketaru
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 03-23-2007, 00:34
its been covered but ill say it too

eat 6 times a day, dont skip breakfast and eat the most at breakfast....end your day with something like tuna and veggies and dont eat right before bed, at least 90 mins before.

you dont need to jog 3 miles every day. do it every other day. . .drink green tea, it will speed up your metabolism.

its not really how many miles you do it for, its the intensity, also you may wanna try interval training....sprint 30 sec, walk (jog) 30 sec....you get the idea

haniblecter
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 03-23-2007, 00:39
I'm 5'8'' 300ish with a 44 waist, figure I'd add that.

Gotta lose some weight, for fashions sake if anything.

mostest def
VeteranX
Old
15 - 03-23-2007, 00:42
just dont get discouraged if you dont see immediate weight loss, keep with a program and it'll happen

bosketaru
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 03-23-2007, 01:06
OH YAH and set small goals. 20 pounds isnt much but you can go even smaller. try 5 pounds in two weeks. this way you can actually see results within smaller time frames and it will keep you motivated.

Psyc
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
17 - 03-23-2007, 01:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosketaru View Post
OH YAH and set small goals. 20 pounds isnt much but you can go even smaller. try 5 pounds in two weeks. this way you can actually see results within smaller time frames and it will keep you motivated.
5 pounds is a bad goal. i can lose 5 pounds in a day. it'll be mostly waterweight though

G-Force
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 03-23-2007, 01:11
lock yourself in a room with no food, only water....wait 1 month...tada! weight loss

sirgelfee
Veteran++
Old
19 - 03-23-2007, 01:19
step 1

go to a dietician and find out how many calories you need to eat per day to stay healthy.

step 2

make sure that no more than 20% of all calories you eat per day come from fat.

Example: me

i need 2400 calories per day to stay alive and healthy

20% of 2400 is 480

knowing that there are 9 calories per gram of fat, divide 480/9= 53.3

so in other words, on a 2400 calorie diet, you should not eat more than 53 grams of fat per day.

you will lose weight, i'm not sure how fast, but you will.

also, to speed up the process, when you run, run for 5 minutes, then sprint for 30 seconds, run 5 more and sprint 30 seconds more, it will get your heart rate high enough to burn fat.

technique
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 03-23-2007, 01:21
6' 240 and you claim youre not fat but have alittle gut/love handle? dude please, get real and stop the denial, itll probably help you in your goal

240 @ 6' is overweight, and not by a few pounds.

Page 1 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page [EXERCISE]Ok, so tell me if this is gonna work ...

Social Website Bullshit