Just read this months GFW by JoMo - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page Just read this months GFW
Page 3 of 3
MonkeyHero
VeteranX
Old
41 - 11-20-2007, 10:01
I'm so badass I purposely let the enemy uber just so they have a chance against me.
 
MonkeyHero is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Felonius
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 11-20-2007, 13:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnosisFX View Post
Leave the game as is, nothing wrong with the crit system or uber or anything else. Can't belive the amount of thought you peeps are wasting into this. oh well you are a #1 rank team and you lost the #1 spot cause a heavy came in and raped you......come on guys you see that heavy turn uber get the **** out until he is finished. i was playing yesterday and i killed 4 heavys that went uber cause i stayed back for a little bit and when it was over i back raged them.
Well there you have it! The perfect anecdotal evidence that the game is perfect. HypnosisFX back raged 4 heavies on a pub.
 
Felonius is offline
 
Eggi
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 11-20-2007, 16:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
medics would be FAR FAR FAR FAR LESS targeted than they are now.
i disagree with that A WHOLE WHOLE WHOLE WHOLE lot.

but i obviously am not on a top tier team nor have i played many top comp teams. i just know how important it is to me to kill the medic, not because of uber, but because he's making the whole team twice as hard to kill. and considering you can lose a round if you lose someone at the wrong time, that makes the medic my first target. uber or not.

I guess the point is, in my opinion, ubers arent as important as the healing capabilities of the medic. if your team has an uber when the other team doesnt thats a huge advantage, so if you can keep the medic down and keep yours alive in a close match that will make all the difference. but right after that uber is out you think ppl are leaving the medic alone? hell no, they still need to take the medic out.

maybe i'll go make a thread on catacombs about this to see what ppl say
 
Eggi is offline
 
Last edited by Eggi; 11-20-2007 at 16:54..
HypnosisFX
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 11-20-2007, 17:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonius View Post
Well there you have it! The perfect anecdotal evidence that the game is perfect. HypnosisFX back raged 4 heavies on a pub.
I never said it was perfect, yes it has its "little" issues but thats the way the game was made. there is a reason they put it in so if you can make a better game then feel free.
 
HypnosisFX is offline
 
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
45 - 11-20-2007, 18:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
i disagree with that A WHOLE WHOLE WHOLE WHOLE lot.

but i obviously am not on a top tier team nor have i played many top comp teams. i just know how important it is to me to kill the medic, not because of uber, but because he's making the whole team twice as hard to kill. and considering you can lose a round if you lose someone at the wrong time, that makes the medic my first target. uber or not.

I guess the point is, in my opinion, ubers arent as important as the healing capabilities of the medic. if your team has an uber when the other team doesnt thats a huge advantage, so if you can keep the medic down and keep yours alive in a close match that will make all the difference. but right after that uber is out you think ppl are leaving the medic alone? hell no, they still need to take the medic out.

maybe i'll go make a thread on catacombs about this to see what ppl say
That makes sense in many ways. Pretty much in all games you want to kill the medic/buffer/mobile healing unit because they have the ability to heal people/units.

You also want to eliminate the best player/units as quickly as possible. If you have a crack sniper that can headshot 3 members of your team in 5 seconds.. of course you are going to take him out before you take out the ****ty soldier who can't aim worth a ****.

Maybe if this is a problem in competition, they should change the rules?

Valve designed the game and playtested the **** out of it. It works the way they designed it, but 'competition' came along and wants to tell you how to play the game. It's 'competition's' fault, and 'competition' should change the rules.
 
JoMo is offline
 
Last edited by JoMo; 11-20-2007 at 18:06..
Hellsfury
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
46 - 11-20-2007, 20:34
I target the medic when my class allows me to be selective. As a Pyro, I'm going to choose my tactics and oppertunities that allow me to strike at the medic through his friends. As a Sniper, I aim for him and ignore his allies initially.

However, with other classes, I may not find that to be advantageous. If I can kill a heavier class outright regardless of his Medic, such as with Stickies from a Demoman, I'll do that.
 
Hellsfury is offline
 
Felonius
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 11-21-2007, 01:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnosisFX View Post
I never said it was perfect, yes it has its "little" issues but thats the way the game was made. there is a reason they put it in so if you can make a better game then feel free.
All I can do is point out that in competition, medics are so powerful that it is actually worth it to do a suicide run just to take him out... Whereas normally suicide missions are the absolute worst thing to do in TF2. It doesn't imbalance the game or anything, but it does sort of become a game of "Kill the Medic." It would be more fun to have more options is all... Like actually targeting other key classes first. :p (Sometimes you will in the case of a sniper or engineer/sentry.)
 
Felonius is offline
 
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
48 - 11-21-2007, 03:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonius View Post
All I can do is point out that in competition, medics are so powerful that it is actually worth it to do a suicide run just to take him out... Whereas normally suicide missions are the absolute worst thing to do in TF2. It doesn't imbalance the game or anything, but it does sort of become a game of "Kill the Medic." It would be more fun to have more options is all... Like actually targeting other key classes first. :p (Sometimes you will in the case of a sniper or engineer/sentry.)
Class limits of no medic! Brilliant!
 
JoMo is offline
 
DV
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 11-21-2007, 16:56
I'm sorry, when I run as a spy (which is rare) I'll almost always go for the assault class before the medic.

Granted I'll go back for the medic, but you take out the Assault and the medic has to pull back anyway or fear getting raped.
 
DV is offline
 
Page 3 of 3


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page Just read this months GFW

Social Website Bullshit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40.